Author Topic: Post Your Character Builds  (Read 190142 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Post Your Character Builds
« Reply #510 on: November 30, 2011, 02:08:21 pm »
Yeah long ago had something similar which is good mind you but I want to be able to melee when I'm out of throwing weapons and can't find any throwing weapons on the floor (Since throwers are rare on fields nowadays).

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #511 on: November 30, 2011, 03:45:05 pm »
I have a new skip the fun character which is a thrower (Which I would love if they get some more love in ammo and/or accuracy) and anyways what build do you recommend?

Atm I have these 2:

Strength: 21
Agility: 15

Ironflesh: 5
Power Strike: 7
Athletics: 5
Power Throw: 7
Weapon Master: 5

Two Handed: 54
Throwing: 140

Or

Agility: 18

Power Strike: 5
Athletics: 6

Two Handed: 83
Throwing: 131

Any other suggestion? (I want to deal good damage but not be slow as throwing needs to be in medium range to hit unlike rangers so need footwork)

Agility: 15

Power Strike: 7
Athletics: 5

Two/One Handed: 101
Throwing: 120

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #512 on: December 03, 2011, 04:32:03 pm »
Since I like throwing that much with my current build, I will go more pure next gen (no more ha and cav). Any thoughts?
I will use throwing lances and the last one is also my melee one :P

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 24
Agility: 12
Hit points: 69
Skills to attributes: 2
Power Strike: 8
Shield: 0
Athletics: 4
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 8
Weapon Master: 4
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 82
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 121
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #513 on: December 03, 2011, 05:23:18 pm »
Since I like throwing that much with my current build, I will go more pure next gen (no more ha and cav). Any thoughts?
I will use throwing lances and the last one is also my melee one :P

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 24
Hit points: 69
Skills to attributes: 2
Power Strike: 8
Power Throw: 8

not that extreme but is viable. within armor wpf reduction caps, you can go PT9 with 120 wpf. so you can either go 27/9 or get rid of some IF. with low armor is not worth that much anyway. i just checked, 24/12 is worth. 27/12 would get rid of some PS and all IF so.. give it a try.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 03, 2011, 06:17:20 pm »

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 27
Hit points: 62
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 6
Power Throw: 9
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:12:29 pm by Boerenlater »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #515 on: December 04, 2011, 10:57:35 am »
In my opinion 120 wpf in throwing is not enough with the increase in weight of armours.

Some archers will nearly 1 shot you unless you wear medium+ armour.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #516 on: December 04, 2011, 11:56:31 am »
In my opinion 120 wpf in throwing is not enough with the increase in weight of armours.

that depends on what armor you use. i fell comfortable with my studded leather coat, skull cap, leather gloves and 70hp. 29/9 9PT/124 throwing at level 27.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 04, 2011, 02:14:20 pm »

+1 Sarranid leather armour, sarranid warrior cap, mail mittens, rus cavalry boots and that usually can take 3-4 arrows
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:15:29 pm by Boerenlater »

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2011, 02:17:55 pm »
i tried to be hevy infrantery with low agility,but that tactic is bad.
There is too many  ppl with high agility,and you are easily owned by them. Not to mention that you weapon master is too low.
you need to have at least 150wp to be able to do something.

I am going to build my char like this
lvl 32

str 21
agi 21
power strike 7
athletic 7
wm 7
two handed 163 points.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 04, 2011, 03:01:02 pm »
i tried to be hevy infrantery with low agility,but that tactic is bad.
There is too many  ppl with high agility,and you are easily owned by them. Not to mention that you weapon master is too low.
you need to have at least 150wp to be able to do something.

I am going to build my char like this
lvl 32

str 21
agi 21
power strike 7
athletic 7
wm 7
two handed 163 points.

i'm actually doing the same build. 21/19 atm at level 30. well i was used to the 24/15 build with 8IF and i feel squishy now. but 21/21 with greatmaul is really nasty

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 04, 2011, 03:37:25 pm »
i'm actually doing the same build. 21/19 atm at level 30. well i was used to the 24/15 build with 8IF and i feel squishy now. but 21/21 with greatmaul is really nasty

I find IF ussless,because i get killed with same ammount of hits with 7if,and without 7IF. Bandits ih heavy kyak at EU6 need to hit me 5-6 times,and i have no IF,so IF is waste of points.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 04, 2011, 04:02:07 pm »
I find IF ussless,because i get killed with same ammount of hits with 7if,and without 7IF. Bandits ih heavy kyak at EU6 need to hit me 5-6 times,and i have no IF,so IF is waste of points.

21 STR and 2IF i die with 2 good hits. often 1hit versus high STR with pierce (56HP)

24 STR and 8IF i die with 3-4 good hits still 2 if versus high STR with pierce (75HP)

so no. IF is useless if you have less than 50 body armor, is really nice if you have 70-75 armor.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 04, 2011, 09:58:15 pm »
21 STR and 2IF i die with 2 good hits. often 1hit versus high STR with pierce (56HP)

24 STR and 8IF i die with 3-4 good hits still 2 if versus high STR with pierce (75HP)

so no. IF is useless if you have less than 50 body armor, is really nice if you have 70-75 armor.

What about repairs? I am not that rich. I spent almoust all my money on stupid things,even if i didn't do that i still be unable to use some hevy armor every round.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 04, 2011, 10:29:33 pm »
What about repairs? I am not that rich. I spent almoust all my money on stupid things,even if i didn't do that i still be unable to use some hevy armor every round.

as i said, IF is not useless. is almost useless with anything lower than 45-50 armor (my default gear now, that's why i have only 2 IF on my actual build) but is really helpful when you wear heavy gear and plan to charge the mess taking account teamwounds, arrows, multiple attacks. my best siege build was 24/15 with maxed IF at 31. was really forgiving and with said 72 armor, i could take a lot of teamwounds, a lot of weak 1h swings, and 5 serious 2h/pole cut blows. for the mathematic sake, at the same skill level, sustaining 5 hits with the need to land 1 or 2 to kill (what a 41p morningstar with 8PS could do) will put you in advantage. especially in tight siege zones.

and even 5ATH with duel gear (black lamellar, studded leather coat, leather boots, nordic helmet) gives you enough (just enough, not a lot) mobility to counter 18/24 hiltslashers. you even have enough wpf to feel comfortable with a MW high tier greatsword (SoW, danish, german) while being a 3hit machine with longsword.

now i'm 21/19 and i'm bit disappointed as i'm an aggressive facehug kind of. often risking wounds to land chamberblocks, now i simply can't as i go down with 3 and often 2 good hits. before even with a black lamellar i was able to sustain 3 full 2h/pole hits.

it's a matter of taste and fighting style. a 21/21 will sure do better in battle in my opinion... but for siege, no.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 05, 2011, 03:09:34 pm »
as i said, IF is not useless. is almost useless with anything lower than 45-50 armor (my default gear now, that's why i have only 2 IF on my actual build) but is really helpful when you wear heavy gear and plan to charge the mess taking account teamwounds, arrows, multiple attacks. my best siege build was 24/15 with maxed IF at 31. was really forgiving and with said 72 armor, i could take a lot of teamwounds, a lot of weak 1h swings, and 5 serious 2h/pole cut blows. for the mathematic sake, at the same skill level, sustaining 5 hits with the need to land 1 or 2 to kill (what a 41p morningstar with 8PS could do) will put you in advantage. especially in tight siege zones.

and even 5ATH with duel gear (black lamellar, studded leather coat, leather boots, nordic helmet) gives you enough (just enough, not a lot) mobility to counter 18/24 hiltslashers. you even have enough wpf to feel comfortable with a MW high tier greatsword (SoW, danish, german) while being a 3hit machine with longsword.

now i'm 21/19 and i'm bit disappointed as i'm an aggressive facehug kind of. often risking wounds to land chamberblocks, now i simply can't as i go down with 3 and often 2 good hits. before even with a black lamellar i was able to sustain 3 full 2h/pole hits.

it's a matter of taste and fighting style. a 21/21 will sure do better in battle in my opinion... but for siege, no.

i am god damn noob for fighting,i created one skip the fun char 19/21 build,with no IF. Used two handed war axe,and some weak armor. I went to siedge and killed 8 ppl in one round,and didn't died single time. I was faster then 60-70% of players. They swing in same second as me,but i am 1s faster and always hit them earlier. I was later raped by high gen characters but first gen characters you can easily kill,and even catch an annoying archers.