Author Topic: Post Your Character Builds  (Read 190198 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: Post Your Character Builds
« Reply #480 on: November 19, 2011, 11:07:22 pm »
I'm currently (level 30 builds) a 24/15 shielder (8 PS, 5 ath, 5 shield, 5 wm) and my next gen is either:

24/18 shielder with 8 ps, 6 ath, 6 shield
21/21 2h with 7 ps, 7 ath, 3 wm
18/24 2h with 6 ps, 8 ath, 3wm

Is any of these builds somehow flawed? I don't take IF since I like running in fairly low to mid tier armor anyway usually. Biggest issue with the 24/15 is that the speed is too slow to my liking paired with the length of one handers.

Shield is a nice thing to have in today's archer infested enviroinment though, but I could go 2 wm, 1 shield or 1 wm, 2 shield in the 2h builds without a problem if I felt like it. In melee manual blocking is way more fun anyway.

well you're right. IF is really worthy when packed with 60+ armor or when you have a bit slow 2h STR biased build without any shield skill points. i rely a lot on my 8IF but it's a siege build with 80hp 72armor. Like you said, if those IF converted to attributes raises ATH a notch, it's better. with my gear and my target, i still prefer to max IF. 16hp in my case, is something like 1 good blow more to kill me or several glances / weak hits.

but yes, on my AGI polearm alt (18/24) i have no IF. yes it's a squishy build but 8ATH with LAWLpike is priceless. regarding 2H, i would go not lower than 21STR to use the maul when there are too many around. at the moment i'm 24/15 but my old level 33 21/21 mauler was somehow scary. a mauler chasing you with 7ATH is not something to understimate.

Good builds tho. approved  :mrgreen:

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 20, 2011, 01:03:29 am »
I'm refining my idea on a shielder /archer hybrid and this is what I'm leaning toward for this generation:

Level 30

Strength: 18
    Agility: 18
    Hit points: 53

Skills to attributes: 2

Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 6
    Athletics: 6
    Power Draw: 5
    Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 96
    Archery: 135

I understand that I will only be making short-medium shots with the low archery WPF and I'm ok with that.  What I'm considering is getting my power draw to 6 to make those shots count.  I've heard conflicting information about whether having power draw higher than the bow requirements can cause lowered accuracy or not so I don't know what to think about that.  If I do go 6 PD this is what it may look like:

Level 30

Agility: 18
    Hit points: 53

Skills to attributes: 2

Shield: 6
    Athletics: 6
    Power Draw: 6
    Weapon Master: 5

One Handed: 94
    Archery: 125

I'm sure the obvious thing would be to go with one less shield rather than lose more WPF but even 120 archery WPF at my current level 25 seems adequate for the range I've been working in.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or perhaps a completely different build for a shielder/archer hybrid?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:05:22 am by Beat »

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #482 on: November 20, 2011, 07:35:54 am »
You should go for 6 PD, 6 WPM and 5 Shield. You really don't Need the sixth Point, As you wont use the 2 Slot taking Steel Shield anyway.

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #483 on: November 20, 2011, 01:23:30 pm »
Be a shielder/crossbow not archer

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #484 on: November 20, 2011, 01:42:43 pm »
I've heard conflicting information about whether having power draw higher than the bow requirements can cause lowered accuracy or not so I don't know what to think about that.  If I do go 6 PD this is what it may look like:

if powerdraw is so high that you see "your profiency is too low", then the PD bonus become null. at least throwing works like this.

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 20, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »
I decided to go for the 6 WM and 5 Shield.  When I got to 6 PD the reticule didn't change from 5.  This was still at 120 archery WPF and I didn't see the "proficiency is too low" message so I should be pretty good when I get to 135.

Thanks for that info, Corrado_Decimo.  I've always been curious about that.

BlackMilk: I went that way anyway, but the whole reason for the dilemma wasn't to use a 6 difficulty shield, but for the additional coverage, HP and speed.

Iymore:  I hear ya, crossbows get a lot more points to play around with since they don't have to invest in PD but I prefer bows and being at such short range doesn't really allow for safe reloads.  :)

Thanks for the input, everyone.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 21, 2011, 02:35:03 am »
I decided to go for the 6 WM and 5 Shield.  When I got to 6 PD the reticule didn't change from 5.  This was still at 120 archery WPF and I didn't see the "proficiency is too low" message so I should be pretty good when I get to 135.

Thanks for that info, Corrado_Decimo.  I've always been curious about that.

BlackMilk: I went that way anyway, but the whole reason for the dilemma wasn't to use a 6 difficulty shield, but for the additional coverage, HP and speed.

Iymore:  I hear ya, crossbows get a lot more points to play around with since they don't have to invest in PD but I prefer bows and being at such short range doesn't really allow for safe reloads.  :)

Thanks for the input, everyone.

as a hybrid i would have gone the same. a less shield point for more profiency from WM. hybrids are the only type needing a good amount of weapon points.
glad to be useful.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #487 on: November 21, 2011, 09:33:46 am »
5 shield skill is more than enough, trust me :)

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #488 on: November 21, 2011, 10:50:49 am »
Playing as a shielder/archer hybrid is

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #489 on: November 21, 2011, 11:08:11 am »
Playing as a shielder/archer hybrid is

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vic_Rattlehead
« Reply #490 on: November 22, 2011, 06:53:17 pm »
Back after a few months and going to retire my experimental build that I came back to and rerolling a better 2h build.

How does this look:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)
Agility: 21
Converted: 8
Ironflesh: 3
Athletics: 7
Weapon Master: 7
Two Handed: 164

I'll be using my gimp nodachi, light armor and a ladder, because that's how I roll.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 22, 2011, 09:04:59 pm »
Back after a few months and going to retire my experimental build that I came back to and rerolling a better 2h build.

How does this look:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)
Agility: 21
Converted: 8
Ironflesh: 3
Athletics: 7
Weapon Master: 7
Two Handed: 164

I'll be using my gimp nodachi, light armor and a ladder, because that's how I roll.

pretty solid. at 31 by converting the attribute you get, you can max IF too. i had that build too 3-4 months ago. was really fast.

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vic_Rattlehead
« Reply #492 on: November 22, 2011, 09:19:27 pm »
Sweet, thanks. I guess I'll be a peasant again tonight.  :twisted:

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 23, 2011, 08:23:51 am »
Bagge and Deutschritter, your logic escapes me.  Care to offer any details explaining why you have this opinion?

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #494 on: November 23, 2011, 08:31:11 am »
They're part of the people that can't grasp the concept that an archer can shoot and defend his/her life in melee too, so a shield is useless to them.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art