Author Topic: Post Your Character Builds  (Read 190084 times)

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Character Builds
« Reply #405 on: September 12, 2011, 05:16:38 am »
The point is that it's couch lancing, it's pretty much capped damage with a huge modifier from speed:

People can usually survive couch lances when they have enough IF, Armor, and Running at the same direction as I am.

At this point, wpf is only there to reduce the % break chance and the little speed bonus on damage and getting the couch ready.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:17:51 am by Kenji »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #406 on: September 12, 2011, 10:58:23 am »
The point is that it's couch lancing, it's pretty much capped damage with a huge modifier from speed:

People can usually survive couch lances when they have enough IF, Armor, and Running at the same direction as I am.

At this point, wpf is only there to reduce the % break chance and the little speed bonus on damage and getting the couch ready.

so why 4 athletics if you plan to be a full time cav?

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:53 am »
so why 4 athletics if you plan to be a full time cav?
Touche

Lol, see the steel shield? I plan to shield teammates while on ground rather than making kills, will need to keep up with them after all.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #408 on: September 12, 2011, 01:25:37 pm »
Touche

Lol, see the steel shield? I plan to shield teammates while on ground rather than making kills, will need to keep up with them after all.

well it's a really original build. Dedicated couch, shield for ranged cover as a footman...

i had a dedicated 8shield 8ath 8wm 4ps shielder for that tho.. huscarl and 8shield can still have a decent forcefield. was a decent fighter too... a little squishy with 50hp but.

and about cav i have a dedicated lancer 15/24 5ps 8riding 7wm 5ath... heavy lance with 160 wpf is nice, and when i can get my hands on a champion arabian with 8 riding, i really feel like cheating.

i'm too noob to play a ineffective jack of all trades tho... that's why i have many dedicated alts.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:27:09 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 12, 2011, 01:55:19 pm »
i'm too noob to play a ineffective jack of all trades tho... that's why i have many dedicated alts.
Same here, my friend, same here.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 12, 2011, 02:07:59 pm »
As it goes ''Jack of all trades, Master of none''.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Archeress

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Archeress
« Reply #411 on: September 17, 2011, 05:38:52 pm »
I'm planning to dedicate an archer that never retires, here's my build at level 30
    Strength: 21
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 56

Skills to attributes: 14

Athletics: 3
    Power Draw: 7
    Weapon Master: 7

Archery: 163

Has anyone tried 24/18 or 18/24? Can you tell the difference? Like drawing speed and damage.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #412 on: September 17, 2011, 05:53:09 pm »
+2
I'm planning to dedicate an archer that never retires, here's my build at level 30
    Strength: 21
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 56

Skills to attributes: 14

Power Draw: 7
    Weapon Master: 7

Archery: 163

Has anyone tried 24/18 or 18/24? Can you tell the difference? Like drawing speed and damage.

Yes. I have done pretty much every possible build combination for a Warbow/Rus Bow.
24/18 is what my last build used to be before I broke level 30 (I don't retire anymore). 8 PD 3 ATHL 6 WM.

Compared to a 21/18 (which is a very solid build) your reticule is not quite as tight so headshot are noticably more difficult at long range due to the extra PD widening the reticule. Draw speed is fast with a Rus Bow and adequate with a Long Bow. The low athletics is a bit painful, especially since the build before that I had 7.

I personally was not to impressed with my damage capabilities with just 6 PD, as it forced me to use Bodkins when I prefered standards. However the high WM does allow you to headshot with ease, though I found that 7WM was enough to make me happy, and that 8 was not as useful as having more PD. However I know another archer with a 21/24 Rus Bow build and he is happy and deadly with it.

Personally I like at least 7PD and 6WM minimum for any top tier bow. As long as you keep yourself aware, you can get away with just 3 ATHL, and I do like your accuracy that you have with that build.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #413 on: September 17, 2011, 06:10:41 pm »
probably someones already posted this build, but this is my build:
Lvl: 32

Str: 24
Agi: 18

IF:3
PS:8
ATH:6
WM:6

WPF
2H: 157

Started with 8 ps 3 ath and 6 wm at lvl 30 and built it up, IF was done last.
Found it to be a very effective build packing a lot of punch while still retaining swing speed and agility, making it great for battles and duels. However at lower (lvls 31 or less), where you have 0 IF, it doesn't offer a lot of room for error in melee and isn't a very good pincushion :P.

Got this build bymistake after respeccing at lvl 31, was originally aiming for 21 str and 21 agi (forgot about the starting 3 in both attributes and added 21 to str :P), I have however been pleasantly surprised :D

Offline Archeress

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Archeress
« Reply #414 on: September 17, 2011, 06:56:22 pm »
Yes. I have done pretty much every possible build combination for a Warbow/Rus Bow.
24/18 is what my last build used to be before I broke level 30 (I don't retire anymore). 8 PD 3 ATHL 6 WM.

Compared to a 21/18 (which is a very solid build) your reticule is not quite as tight so headshot are noticably more difficult at long range due to the extra PD widening the reticule. Draw speed is fast with a Rus Bow and adequate with a Long Bow. The low athletics is a bit painful, especially since the build before that I had 7.

I personally was not to impressed with my damage capabilities with just 6 PD, as it forced me to use Bodkins when I prefered standards. However the high WM does allow you to headshot with ease, though I found that 7WM was enough to make me happy, and that 8 was not as useful as having more PD. However I know another archer with a 21/24 Rus Bow build and he is happy and deadly with it.

Personally I like at least 7PD and 6WM minimum for any top tier bow. As long as you keep yourself aware, you can get away with just 3 ATHL, and I do like your accuracy that you have with that build.
Thanks for going through the build and sharing your experience, I'm only at lvl 25 right now and it's 18/18 with 3ath 6pd 6wm, I can already outrun most infantry :P

Offline _Vandal_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Vandal
« Reply #415 on: September 20, 2011, 09:30:45 pm »
Im going 27/12 2hander should i get 4 ath or 4 wm?
    Ironflesh: 7
    Power Strike: 9
    Shield: 0
    Riding: 0
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 4
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:31:54 pm by _Vandal_ »

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #416 on: September 20, 2011, 09:37:03 pm »
Im going 27/12 2hander should i get 4 ath or 4 wm?
    Ironflesh: 7
    Power Strike: 9
    Shield: 0
    Riding: 0
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 4
4 Athletics!

Offline Raki

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Teresa
« Reply #417 on: September 20, 2011, 10:08:28 pm »
This is the build I've been cooking up for my main, Teresa

Level 30:
18 Strength
24 Agility

6 PS
8 Ath
2 WM
123 2h WPF

Level 32:
18 Strength
27 Agility

6 PS
9 Ath
2 WM

After that, add one strength and WM every level until:

Level 35:
21 Strength
27 Agility

7 PS
9 Ath
4 WM
144 2h WPF

This would make me really fast, still quite deadly with 6/7 PS and my MW Danish and MW Katana should compensate for the lack of WPF.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #418 on: September 21, 2011, 03:30:48 am »
15/24 now
172 Archery wpf

2PS
5PD
8ATH
8WM

172wpf is pretty awesome for archer-duels, but since i am playing mostly siege it's not the build i am going to stick with...need to go way too often in melee.
Damage is fine, though. (mw horn, mw bodkins) Usually need about 2 - 5 Shoots per person. Peasants and nekkid ppl go down in 1 shot of course (Not everytime, but 2 shots are really rare)

Next build will definitely be hybrid again.
(18/18; 5IF, 6PS, 6PD, 6ATH, 6 WM, 50 wpf 2h, 150 wpf archery)
Going to suprise some tincans in melee with my mw langes messer =D

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #419 on: September 21, 2011, 09:17:41 am »
@Raki
You will never make it to lvl 35. Plan your build for lvl 32, max.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!