Author Topic: Faster Game Speed  (Read 20613 times)

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
Re: Faster Game Speed
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 03:17:52 pm »
I have to agree, after all the nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs it looks like the game is catered to old men with the reaction time of a sloth. Speeding it up slightly would make it more entertaining.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 03:23:52 pm »
+2
I have to agree, after all the nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs it looks like the game is catered to old men with the reaction time of a sloth. Speeding it up slightly would make it more entertaining.

I don't want to have to bankrupt myself on Red Bull to be effective in melee.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 03:41:46 pm »
Well right now you're bankrupt on Marijuana trying to be effective. Well, that, ping, and some feinting with a dash of luck.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 03:54:33 pm »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:56:31 pm by Michael »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 03:56:04 pm »
nerds wouldnt play this fucking videogame night and day.

I just lost all respect for you. Well, I didn't have much respect for you then, but now I think it goes into the negatives.
Back on topic, that doesn't have a shit of difference on why there are nerfs.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:59:04 pm by DrTaco »

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 03:58:11 pm »
Yea...

My post is out, 1 min later yours, says it all. Get a life kid.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »
+9

My post is out, 1 min later yours, says it all. Get a life kid.

Reply #18 on: Today at 12:54:33
Reply #19 on: Today at 12:56:04
 Last Edit: Today at 12:59:04 by DrTaco
Reply #20 on: Today at 12:58:11

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn’t mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It’s a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment… im on a Desktop.

Seeing your post right after the edit goes through is fun ♥

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:10:35 pm by DrTaco »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 03:58:53 pm »

Yep... the current cRPG gamespeed is yawn-worthy.

Making it faster (not necessarily by moving the actual gamespeed setting from normal to fast...) would make it better for all, IMO. Fights would last shorter, less skilled players would have a better chance against more skilled players (easier to screw up with faster weapon speeds etc), and you would actually have to be fast to block stuff... and stufff. Yes!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:26:26 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 04:43:13 pm »
Making the game faster would make the game stupider. If you want fast, make your own native server and set the speed to fast. Keep your bullshit "faster makes it easier" argument off my servers. I am a relatively casual 1h player, and I think it's perfect as it is. chadz already posted in this thread the reason why the speed is the way it is, so just leave it alone.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 04:44:57 pm »
Personally I agree that the average players skill has increased but I do not think speeding up the game speed will fix the problem of long duels. Granted that faster game speed means more people mess up faster but it will probably become a spam fest and those who have a longer weapon would win more, Im not going to say I have the perfect solution on how to fix this because I don't. The only thing I can think of to do about this is tweak some weapons and some other things or ask the veterans (Phyrex, Bjord, Siiem, Aki and the other so called heros) and see what they think would help solve this problem.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 04:59:36 pm »
Making the game faster would make the game stupider. If you want fast, make your own native server and set the speed to fast. Keep your bullshit "faster makes it easier" argument off my servers. I am a relatively casual 1h player, and I think it's perfect as it is. chadz already posted in this thread the reason why the speed is the way it is, so just leave it alone.

It's funny because the only bullshit argument comes from you. "omg makez ur own survar in nativ den!!" Clearly people want to play cRPG even if the gamespeed isn't ideal - since no one is threatening to GTX here. They just think it would be a better mod if it was slightly faster. Also, chadz was speaking about a different thing. Most if not all of the posters are speaking about WPF nerfs and the weapon speed nerfs making the game slower.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 05:01:09 pm »

your servers? oh sorry then.... what if i say "we like a faster game so what about you all slow guys go play farmville?"

but...

you're worried for what? you just won't improve your skill like all below-average 1handers around that won't even put some effort in getting some manual block skills.
you just defend your own needs here since you gave no constructive opinion in your reply.

Maybe it would help if you nerds wouldnt play this fucking videogame night and day. What about a girlfriend, a job or at least a different videogame?

uhm i have a life. i have a work, a wife, a daughter, some debits, a house, i gig with a blues band and guess what? i even have some spare time to play cRPG. isn't a matter on how much you play. if you want a even slower game, there is a game like "chess". i just said that the game got slower and slower every patch. if cRPG continue like this, will be a turn-based war sim.

EDIT:

I don't want to have to bankrupt myself on Red Bull to be effective in melee.

no. a year ago cRPG was faster and nobody abused drugs, redbull, coke, metamphetamine. even on ndition's native duel, nobody relies on that to win. so... no.

maybe the coffee  :wink:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:05:18 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 05:03:49 pm »
Don't speed it up, I hate native for that as it allows more spamming (real spam).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 05:07:46 pm »
+1
Hmmm, what about just making Weaponmastery more worthwhile...?
Right now it hardly pays off to have a WM skill above 5 unless you're a hybrid.
If you were able to reach, say, 200 WPF as a dedicated something with a high Agi build would speed overall combat up and lessen the amounts of high Str build yet it wouldn't brake the game like setting the combat speed to "fastest".

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 05:16:23 pm »
Hmmm, what about just making Weaponmastery more worthwhile...?
Right now it hardly pays off to have a WM skill above 5 unless you're a hybrid.
If you were able to reach, say, 200 WPF as a dedicated something with a high Agi build would speed overall combat up and lessen the amounts of high Str build yet it wouldn't brake the game like setting the combat speed to "fastest".

i agree. like it was in 2010. so cheaper wpf cost above 130 profiency or more WPP per WM. (but giving more wpp will just make more heavycrossbow / 2h hybrids)