Author Topic: team attacking  (Read 588 times)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
team attacking
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:51:25 pm »
i think that every time you hit a teammate, the damage you do to him, should be taken from your own hp instead. That way, you wouldnt be bothered by friendly archers shooting you in the head and noobish flamberge spammers. They would just kill themself.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
Re: team attacking
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »
I really do wish this would take in effect because everytime I shoot a friendly in the back and they die it makes me want to kill myself.  I don't know how reflected damage works in this game though seeing as the only multiplayer mode I've ever played is cRPG and it's never on in any of the servers but does it make them stagger if I hit them anyway and I take the damage?  If it does then people will still get mad at me but oh well, people get mad at everything anyway :D
-idlewind

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 12:35:47 am »
This could be abused a lot. People would rush between meele fighters, not caring for the teammate, because they know in the worst case he will kill himself, but there won't be any negative consequences for you at all.

It will become some kind of "watch where I step!"-game.

Besides of that we already have a teamkill-topic somewhere here  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 03:12:37 am »
Besides of that we already have a teamkill-topic somewhere here  :?

and Ill say here what I said there:

Reflect team damage 100%

so simple, its one admin command away, and instantly stops 99% of all griefing

Also:
.....seeing as the only multiplayer mode I've ever played is cRPG.....

I hope you are in the minority, cause thats, IMHO, STUPID. Native MP is truly great, and the only way to test your skills. crpg is mainly, IMHO, to finetune the class system from native. Archers who pull out an elegant poleaxe in crpg make me vomit.....archers carry 1h/2h weapons, NOT polearms, why is that so hard? The two should be disabled in conjuction, since polearms are ridculously overpowered as it is, add a bow and....
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:52:35 am »
I hope you are in the minority, cause thats, IMHO, STUPID. Native MP is truly great, and the only way to test your skills.

Well as per your suggestion I went ahead and played Native MP for two hours and I have no clue what you're on about.  It's probably because I'm still new in the online world of Warband but it felt exactly the same, except I'm not stuck playing my one character and can switch around and play a different class whenever I want.  It's fun in it's own way, but so few people play it that I'll stick to cRPG if that's alright with you.

As for archers who use polearms pissing you off, well sorry but when I started I saw two handers and shield users dominating so I went and decided to stick with an iron staff.  Hopefully no one complains about those being OP, because it's getting hard to keep track of which weapons people whine about being OP because it seems to be everything.

[edit] To clarify, I don't mean Native plays like cRPG does when I say it feels the same.  I meant the combat mechanics.  In fact fighting in my opinion is easier in Native probably because my skills are optimized unlike here where I just point points wherever I felt like.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:58:36 am by Kaelaen »
-idlewind