Author Topic: Best throwing build / WPF REQ  (Read 860 times)

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
Best throwing build / WPF REQ
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:18:38 am »
I think I will go 21/15 with my thrower. I'm curious how the wpf requirement will work and what it is... If I get 7 PT Should I be fine?

What wpf should i put it into, polearm or 1h? Can the throwing axes be used to block?

Shield skill THAT important? I would rather have 5 IF than shield skil...

Also is there a mod to allow throwing weapons be seen easier and is it worth it? Or don't bother...?

I've started throwing and I really love it... However I've only played on a small server... Don't know how ammo is on larger battles..
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:52:31 am by PieParadox »

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Best throwing build / WPF REQ
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:03:10 pm »
+1
Since no one is replying...

I'm curious how the WPF requirement will work and what it is... if I get 7 PT should I be fine?

13*PT WPF, after armor reduction. If you're getting 5WM you should have more than enough to get a minimum throwing level and have a few points to spare in a melee proficiency, if you like.

What WPF should I put it into, Polearm or 1H? Can the throwing axes be used to block?

It depends on what you want to do; if you want to throw all your ammo and then pick up a nice polearm to go into melee, Polearm WPF would probably be better than 1H. It also helps if you plan on using Throwing Lances in melee mode. Otherwise 1H is better; personally I just put all my WPF in Throwing since the accuracy gain is clearly noticeable, at least for me.

I assume you've already learned that axes can block in melee.

Shield skill THAT important? I would rather have 5 IF than shield skill...

The thing about a shield is that it occupies a slot for more throwing weapons. If you want to be more anti-ranged (or participate in shield walls), a shield might be a decent investment; otherwise you can spend the points elsewhere.

Also is there a mod to allow throwing weapons to be seen easier and is it worth it? Or don't bother...?

If you're having trouble seeing throwing weapons, you might want to use axes; they're much more easily seen than the thin javelin-type weaponry. Personally, I don't know of any mod that makes them more visible.

...Don't know how ammo is on larger battles..

Most of the time I run out of ammo before everyone dies in a high population server.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:04:22 pm by Gafferjack »

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:33:09 pm »
Thanks a lot for the good info.

Offline Seabhac

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Mt. Seabass
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Cimmeria
  • Game nicks: SHC_SEABHAC
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:36:17 pm »
+1
Most of the time I run out of ammo before everyone dies in a high population server.

:lol:
http://www.SnowhawkClan.org
visitors can't see pics , please register or login