Author Topic: Recent changes? Abysmal framerates and some texture glitches with WSE2  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Came back to play a bit after the mod showed faint signs of life again... and noticed odd behavior when using wse2

- my framerates used to be 100-120, on some maps in the 90s. Now I get 50-70 and the whole thing feels very jerky and stuttery as if the actual framerate was around 20... I even turned down some settings to make it playable, which I never needed to do before.

- sometimes I get blueish-semitransparent texture glitches (only ground textures, I think), but this is not consistent. Happens on some maps, on some not, and the texture is ok part of the time or when you turn a bit. Weird shit. And no, I did not smoke strange things...

Been using WSE forever, and never experienced any of this in the past.
When i switch to the native client, everything works fine and framerates are good and smooth, with all settings maxed.

Have there been any changes that might affect SLI configurations (2x 650M here) or what could the problem be?

Don't break your back, since it works with native client and mod dead anyways, but maybe it is a small setting or minor fix - as a my old friendcher I somewhat miss the ability to change my FOV ;-)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
ometimes I get blueish-semitransparent texture glitches
noticed asweel

Offline Susanin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Let me show you the way!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lako
- my framerates used to be 100-120, on some maps in the 90s. Now I get 50-70 and the whole thing feels very jerky and stuttery as if the actual framerate was around 20... I even turned down some settings to make it playable, which I never needed to do before.
++++
Does anyone still work under WSE2 who can help?