Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 11509 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warships
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2015, 01:28:10 pm »
It's actually pretty decent, if played right. It excels at pushing ahead, since it can bring so many guns to front, so it almost never has to expose its side to the enemies it is engaging. Also, having guns on both sides of the ship is a big +
It sucks balls before being fully upgraded though, but then again all BBs do.

Also, there should probably be a similar thread on NA forums.
I take this back. Have been playing mostly other ships, including US BBs (getting close to tier 5 there), but got around to playing some more Kawachi yesterday.
Holy crap, i must've had some phenomenal RNG with it to think it's anything near decent. Range of 9.8 KMs, and i'm struggling to hit the side of a fucking South Carolina at 4-5 KMs with perfectly aimed shots... Really, the only way to reliably deal damage with this heap of junk is to ram something.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2015, 03:09:50 pm »
Tried this game yesterday with a friend of mine, we enjoyed the hell out of tier 1-2. But then the tier 3 battle ship happened. Suddenly we were getting only matches with 80% tier 4/5 enemies, and we were getting absolutely slammed by Aircraft Carriers, over and over again. Not to mention tier 5 destroyers.

Are battleships supposed to be always the lowest tier in the matchmaker?
We literally played around 10 games, and only once we got a max tier 4, 0 games as top tier.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2015, 04:36:06 pm »
Not really. Most games i've had as tier3, i've been top tier.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »
Not really. Most games i've had as tier3, i've been top tier.

So much for leveling through battleships with a friend then, because this is exactly the special 'platoon mm' system from WOT. Cruisers and Destroyers are absolutely fine though, top tier all day.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2015, 05:12:46 pm »
Maybe the MM was just being a bitch yesterday.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2015, 07:52:11 pm »
Maybe the MM was just being a bitch yesterday.
Maybe exceptionally, but this stuff was confirmed by a dev for world of tanks, so it's quite likely to be here as well.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2015, 08:59:48 pm »
So much for leveling through battleships with a friend then, because this is exactly the special 'platoon mm' system from WOT. Cruisers and Destroyers are absolutely fine though, top tier all day.

We had a squad of ships(tier 4 usually) and we would always match up tier 5, but slaughter everyone.(only time we really hurt was tier Carriers before I got limited AA on my Myogi)

Always use AP rounds on BB's, except when targeting destroyers(use HE here). Never Use HE rounds, just not worth it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2015, 09:37:57 pm »
HE rounds vs BBs can work, when you don't have cool guns and can only fire at the rear/front of a BB or can only fire off a few shots (and hope to set it on fire).

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2015, 10:50:01 pm »
Playing Tier III BB's puts me in matches with anything from Tier II to Tier V pretty evenly, I cannot complain. One problem is that often the amount of CV's is not even between the teams, which is awful in lower tiers as nobody has decent AA.

I decided to go for IJN CV's but the grind to it is absolutely awful. The Kawachi is the worst ship I played, though if you get lucky you can do well. Myogi is a different scenario, it's utter lack of guns just means you are always going to do nearly nothing. Both these ships are objectively terrible and I can't help but feel this has been done to curb the popularity of BB's and CV's. The American line is much better, the South Carolina is passable and the Wyoming is great. Its all about those citadel hits with AP.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2015, 11:16:45 pm »
I wonder when will they fix the component hitboxes. Make a small scout run between islands, see half of enemy team, about to escape unharmed... steering + engine + set on fire by a shell, that didn't hit me, just passed over my rear...

This happens way too often :/

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2015, 01:00:39 am »
HE rounds vs BBs can work, when you don't have cool guns and can only fire at the rear/front of a BB or can only fire off a few shots (and hope to set it on fire).

I wasn't very clear. I ment as a BB always use AP rounds except against Destroyers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2015, 01:01:52 am »
its in open beta, so i know without a doubt they will drastically change the game up on a whim, since they did that to tanks like 7 years into it, but id really like to see squadrons of planes, not single ones, player controlled AA, and honestly, submarines.  I just feel they would add so much to the game.  Would be cool to have ground targets or something maybe as well.

im glad you all hate the kawachi as much as i do, im relieved to not be the only one.  I still do believe the fast cruisers are far better then any bb.  I watched a single Murmansk dance around at like 15km shooting me while i couldnt hit the bastard.  He ended up sinking a North Carolina bb and took a quarter of my health away before he scurried off with half health.  I have such a hard time hitting someone who can nimbly dodge shells at 15km, though i think most do.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 08:48:32 pm »
why no screenshots?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2015, 03:10:12 am »
its in open beta, so i know without a doubt they will drastically change the game up on a whim, since they did that to tanks like 7 years into it, but id really like to see squadrons of planes, not single ones, player controlled AA, and honestly, submarines.  I just feel they would add so much to the game.  Would be cool to have ground targets or something maybe as well.

im glad you all hate the kawachi as much as i do, im relieved to not be the only one.  I still do believe the fast cruisers are far better then any bb.  I watched a single Murmansk dance around at like 15km shooting me while i couldnt hit the bastard.  He ended up sinking a North Carolina bb and took a quarter of my health away before he scurried off with half health.  I have such a hard time hitting someone who can nimbly dodge shells at 15km, though i think most do.

BB are hard, I'll give you that. IMO they just require ways more thinking and carefull move when you play.

Totally dodged 2 interwined torp drop from 2 CV squadron with my un-upgraded Kongo... went like batshit in chat... SO MUCH DO"D"GE, WOW.  8-)

Think I had like torpedoe 1 meter from each side of the ship.  :mrgreen:

Should totally start recording my game for shit like this.  :)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2015, 08:59:17 am »
Ok I take that back.... Full upgrade Minekaze is OP as fuck...  :lol:

(click to show/hide)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted: