Author Topic: cRPG (specifically WSE2) on Linux under Wine problem.  (Read 3381 times)

Offline ManyPopes

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
cRPG (specifically WSE2) on Linux under Wine problem.
« on: December 23, 2014, 06:01:04 pm »
Firstly, this seems like a problem with Mono not cRPG but it might still be useful to ask here.

I can run Warband and cRPG pretty well on Linux under Wine, but if I tick the WSE2 beta box then try to play, the download bars complete as usual but then it gets stuck on "checking for WSE2 beta update" and will show this error message.

Does anyone know anything about this sort of thing? I'm pretty sure I talked to someone in game who was running WSE2 fine under Linux.

For now I'll have to keep rebooting into Windows.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 2413
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG (specifically WSE2) on Linux under Wine problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 06:20:45 pm »
They could port launcher to Linux if they wanted to, because .NET is now available on other platforms as well. But that isn't going to happen.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
Re: cRPG (specifically WSE2) on Linux under Wine problem.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 12:05:03 pm »
+2
First of all sorry about necroing this!

I ran into same problem myself and here's what I found out about this:

1) You can play with WSE2 beta just by unticking the "offline"-mode on. Just make sure to have latest version of the launcher.

2) The real problem may be with mono not trusting any ssl certificates. You'd need to add necessary certs with certmgr to make it work. See: http://www.mono-project.com/docs/faq/security/