• Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
EU8
« on: July 03, 2014, 06:06:55 pm »
+2
Since DTV (EU7) server is pretty much always full, can we have EU8 as secondary DTV server when it's not used for events?

It's pretty much wasted resource as a battle server. And I'm sure there's a lot of low level players who'd want to play DTV but it has too long queue.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: EU8
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »
+2
Since DTV (EU7) server is pretty much always full, can we have EU8 as secondary DTV server when it's not used for events?

It's pretty much wasted resource as a battle server. And I'm sure there's a lot of low level players who'd want to play DTV but it has too long queue.

After it was officially declined to get another DTV server this would definitely be a nice solution!
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »
Wouldn't work cuz of the free scheduling during event times.
I don't think anyone would appreciate it when some team captain with admin rights hops on the server to simply change mode and map with the reason "we wanna train here now - go away". Who is supposed to handle all the butthurt? :wink:

It doesn't make sense.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 07:52:00 pm »
Wouldn't work cuz of the free scheduling during event times.
I don't think anyone would appreciate it when some team captain with admin rights hops on the server to simply change mode and map with the reason "we wanna train here now - go away". Who is supposed to handle all the butthurt? :wink:

It doesn't make sense.

Well, there isn't always ongoing tournaments, hence no team training. Seriously, most of the time it will be empty. I'd say that any extra slots for DTV even for few hours a day would be just plus. I'm sure there won't be hard feelings when scheduled trainings and events happen, and even better if that schedule is somewhere in open so that everyone knows how much time they have left.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »
+1
To be very honest:

One more DTV server but occasionally getting kicked for events > Only one DTV server with long ass waiting times til you can connect
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login