Author Topic: $600 Budget Laptop able to play WSE2?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: $600 Budget Laptop able to play WSE2?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 02:41:56 pm »
That is a weird card (business laptop?), but it should be roughly as good as a 520M, which is definitely enough to play on low-medium settings. Are you sure you don't have outdated drivers?

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »
wow i'm a putz, so I looked up my graphics card in my laptop and saw it was dx11 capible... I tried to launch wse2 again and it failed, but the error said missing dll. I searched the error and found dx9 not to be installed!! I ran the updates it recommended and they failed. Here my windows update was broken and not installing it, I manually installed it and its working now  :o

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 05:28:55 pm »
wow i'm a putz, so I looked up my graphics card in my laptop and saw it was dx11 capible... I tried to launch wse2 again and it failed, but the error said missing dll. I searched the error and found dx9 not to be installed!! I ran the updates it recommended and they failed. Here my windows update was broken and not installing it, I manually installed it and its working now  :o

Haha score! cmpxchg8b takes checks for saving you $600. $300 should cover his technical support  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login