Author Topic: Camera Lag, Peripheral vision glitching/fuzzyness  (Read 564 times)

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Camera Lag, Peripheral vision glitching/fuzzyness
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:01:29 pm »
2 important things I see that needs addressed.

1. Camera Lag, the game runs a lot faster fps wise, but the camera doesnt keep up. I can stab and spin and stab or swing and spin (not jump spin, just spin) and I'm stabbing in a direction my camera isnt even facing. It happened in the old client too, but not near as bad.

2. Peripheral vision has a lot of distortion. Characters can be stretched to the point of looking like gumby. There's a tunnel vision effect going on and the animations/character images are effected, as well as weapon reach. I have to swing very early in order to hit someone in say the top right corner of my screen. I will swing and still hit them which doesnt happen on the old client, definately a bug with the new one. The weapon doesn't even get close to coming into contact with them, but the distortion is messing up a lot of the graphics it seems.

Averaging around 380-550 fps during gameplay.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Camera Lag, Peripheral vision glitching/fuzzyness
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:13:15 pm »
2. Peripheral vision has a lot of distortion. Characters can be stretched to the point of looking like gumby. There's a tunnel vision effect going on and the animations/character images are effected, as well as weapon reach. I have to swing very early in order to hit someone in say the top right corner of my screen. I will swing and still hit them which doesnt happen on the old client, definately a bug with the new one. The weapon doesn't even get close to coming into contact with them, but the distortion is messing up a lot of the graphics it seems.

Lower your FOV. High FOV = high distortion, it's how it works.

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:29:45 pm »
Lower your FOV. High FOV = high distortion, it's how it works.

ah ok thanks, what is FoV? Why would the default setting be so high that it distorts it this badly?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:50:55 pm »
Field of view. The default is 75, which is exactly like regular Warband... check in Battle Options, maybe you changed it without knowing what it does.