Author Topic: Skip the fun  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Skip the fun
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:52:16 pm »
+5
In it's current form, most skip the fun users are people who bought a second cd-key in order to use the skip the fun feature without losing their mains and since I doubt this was the intention when skip the fun was introduced I would like to suggest a new approach: allow one skip the fun alt for everybody, no matter how many chars they have but make it cost 100k gold to create. Every time you want to respec your skip the fun alt, you must delete the old one then pay another 100k to create a new char.
The gold is substracted from your main character. The 100k is just an idea, although I don't think it would be too expensive looking forward to the extra gold that will come from Strategus and a new cRPG gold sink might also decrease the inflation caused by the market.

In addition to this, keep skip the fun in it's current form - if you have no characters you can create a skip the fun char for free and use it as main in Strategus, so new players or people that only use the skip the fun character are not affected, but forbid usage of multiple cd-keys.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 12:53:23 pm by Punisher »

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
Re: Skip the fun
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:28:52 pm »
Certainly, its more than a little limiting as it is now. i'd pay 100k for a skip the fun alt

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 06:30:36 pm »
What about the people that deleted their gen 10 main to use the skip the fun, will these people get their char back if this is implemented :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:32:26 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 06:45:01 pm »
Disallow usage of multiple cd keys? I know several people that have multiple people under the same roof that play on two different cd keys, how are you going to disallow this? I like to play my friends shielder once in a while but mostly just stick to my main, why should this be disallowed?

Overall I like the idea but I don't see why it requires people only allowed to play on one cd key.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 07:01:00 pm »
I know several people that have multiple people under the same roof that play on two different cd keys, how are you going to disallow this?

It's pretty easy to spot the difference between two real chars and just another alt.

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:42:49 pm »
Disallow usage of multiple cd keys? I know several people that have multiple people under the same roof that play on two different cd keys, how are you going to disallow this?

Pretty simple. If those two accounts that share the same IP address never play at the same time they more than likely belong to the same person.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 08:08:26 pm »
Pretty simple. If those two accounts that share the same IP address never play at the same time they more than likely belong to the same person.

That isn't a proof at all. Furthermore, many people have two computers so they can connect both cd keys at the same time without being two separate people.

And finally, IP adresses are dynamic for most private users.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 08:24:42 pm »
if someone is buying a second key to use skip the fun function he also supports developer of the game ;] especially since its made by not very big company

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55:51 pm »
Or maybe make skip the fun free but add a cooldown time for it. After you make a skip the fun character, you would have to wait for a week to respec it or something like that. It would prevent people from exploiting the system by making a skip the fun character for every occation. Especially thinking about strategus.. I don't want to imagine that there is armies that change their classes depending on who they are fighting against. This would be unfair against dedicated players and their main chars if cooldown time is not added.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:57:06 pm by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 02:19:06 am »
What about the people that deleted their gen 10 main to use the skip the fun, will these people get their char back if this is implemented :mrgreen:

Would the respec option already have been a big enough kick in the pants for you? I think your ass may be numb enough now to take another hit without feeling it too hard. I can't even imagine deleting a gen 10 for a STF account. With that kind of exp income, you could have been back to battle ready within a day even with the old retiring system rather than respec.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 12:23:50 pm »
That isn't a proof at all. Furthermore, many people have two computers so they can connect both cd keys at the same time without being two separate people.

And finally, IP adresses are dynamic for most private users.

And if there is two persons who play with the same computer, so they are not able to play at the same time.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 12:29:47 pm »
Would the respec option already have been a big enough kick in the pants for you? I think your ass may be numb enough now to take another hit without feeling it too hard. I can't even imagine deleting a gen 10 for a STF account. With that kind of exp income, you could have been back to battle ready within a day even with the old retiring system rather than respec.

I did it because i was tired of grinding back to 31 just to try another build.

Oh and i did it after respec was implemented so no suprises there, but if they implement it to alts that would be fail on my part  8-)
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 12:39:15 pm »
Weren't we promised a free STF alt for everyone, with a 1 week cooldown or so? Also, about strategus, iirc, chadz had said that only mains would fight in battles.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 01:15:35 pm »
In it's current form, most skip the fun users are people who bought a second cd-key in order to use the skip the fun feature without losing their mains and since I doubt this was the intention when skip the fun was introduced I would like to suggest a new approach: allow one skip the fun alt for everybody, no matter how many chars they have but make it cost 100k gold to create. Every time you want to respec your skip the fun alt, you must delete the old one then pay another 100k to create a new char.
The gold is substracted from your main character. The 100k is just an idea, although I don't think it would be too expensive looking forward to the extra gold that will come from Strategus and a new cRPG gold sink might also decrease the inflation caused by the market.

In addition to this, keep skip the fun in it's current form - if you have no characters you can create a skip the fun char for free and use it as main in Strategus, so new players or people that only use the skip the fun character are not affected, but forbid usage of multiple cd-keys.

Dumb idea. Horribly expensive.

I have very little time to play, so I have a main I don't often retire and I certainly don't have a lot of gold.
I have never had more than 75k at any given time in my cRPG time (more than a year).
I use a second cd-key for a skip the fun character just so I can try crazy builds, other classes and whatnot without having to invest yet another 55-65 hours to retire and grind back to level 30.
I can play at most 1-2 hours a day, some days I can't even play at all.

I'm not hurting anyone by using a second cd-key and I'm not sure how it's any different from having an alt apart from the lack of grinding needed.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 01:50:12 pm »
Because buying another serial should not give you an advantage.