Author Topic: NA_Siege Admining Suggestions.  (Read 44656 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: NA_Siege Admining Suggestions.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:34 pm »
so since you have a pretty good handle on admins, you going to allow construction sites anytime soon? or shall we start playing on official siege server so we can employ tactics

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »
No they're really just a waste of time that makes teams lose.  Watching 10 people standing around outside the walls just guarantees attacker losses.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 10:59:06 pm »
No they're really just a waste of time that makes teams lose.  Watching 10 people standing around outside the walls just guarantees attacker losses.

maybe in the hands of useless_pug_player_05. but in the hands of any half brained clannie they're useful or at least used to be.
dont know how much material that take now..but I was 85% or so win rate when I used them back in the day.

siege equipment lets people start leading by example and the sheep will follow and contribute more than peasants just running up the ramp to get 1 shotted since they have no armor or useful weapon

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 11:52:53 pm »
Same sheep will block ramps chokes ladders with construction sites.  That alone breaks the game.  Yes they're destructable but they take 3-5 hits depending on your weapon and you can stack them on top of each other.

Btw the cheapest healing item takes 30 material and a catapult takes 60 and siege towers are like 80-120.  It would take at least 11 people with no weapons to just build a healing tent.  By that time its probably 3 minutes into the game.  Not to mention tents get broken in 1-2 hits.  Maybe if construction sites died in 1 hit like siege shields do then we could let people use them but they take too many hits as they are.

Oh btw catapults still break the game for the round afterwards so those can't be allowed.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 08:33:35 am »
I ll say this once, construction sites are for strats, not siege !

Like ranger said, it takes way too much material and people tend to do nothing useful for most of the round and then whatever they built get easily destroyed.

For the siege server using lives... Noobs, leechers and idiots will waste them and afaik it's more of a cRPG suggestion than to NA_siege server.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 06:35:26 pm »
on a different subject, please lower the max players to what it used to be.  Once its past 80 players server is choking on its own vommit.  At least 25% of my attack animations dont even fire

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 03:05:32 pm »
I've had drama regarding archer cover. I personally understood the rules to mean no constructions at all, including archer shields. This has caused some resentment and split opinions from the community. Could you please revise the rules to clarify what (if any) constructions other than limited ladders are allowed?

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2011, 04:29:57 pm »
Siege shields are allowed.  They break in 1 hit.  At least I've never banned people for siege shields.

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 12:46:08 am »
Someone glitching behind an invisible wall in siege is allowed or not? They are vulnerable to arrows, but no inf can get to them.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 06:52:47 am »
It's a glitch , they are getting advantage by it ...

But you know, we can't really punish the people killing through doors

We trust your judgment, proceed at your own discretion.

What do you think Rangerbob ?

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 07:18:35 am »
If they're purposefully using invisible walls its kick/bannable.

Hitting through doors is allowed its both ways and its hard to enforce...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:21:11 am by Rangerbob »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 08:31:41 pm »
I just learned recently that the Leeching rule has changed(august 5th) to allow people to spawn without weapons(and armor) provided that they are helping there team and have an intent to pick up weapons.

Leeching is a pandemic among the player base and admins will enforce it with a varying degree of severity, while admins are encouraged to check to see if immobile or unresponsive players are afk, it is not outside their authority to kick anyone who looks to be afk. Players complain that they may be called away by the doorbell or the telephone, that is your own responsibility and is not an acceptable response, if you have to leave your computer, join the spectator team, then rejoin a team when you return - your multiplier will be restored back to you if your team wins the next round.  A broader definition of what is considered leeching may be required: The act of leeching is when a player spawns with no intention to make a constant effort to help his team win. The point being, if you actively engage the enemy during the map you can never be brandished as a leecher. The best way to avoid getting spanked for this one is to carry a weapon - although being weaponless is not ground for immediate removal if your intention is to pick one up from the battlefield.

I learned this after having a debate/being informed that the rule has changed (?).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 08:44:03 pm »
The rule never changed .. it was that same rule before.

You're allowed to spawn naked on Battle, Siege it's a different matter. They are guidelines , not official rules, and most admins won't tolerate weaponless people. Most of them are low level who can't pick up weapons, and people who can pick almost anything, they still should spawn with something in case there's nothing to be picked up. It avoids confusion, argument, and it makes it fair for everyone ...

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 08:53:00 pm »
Ah, So spawning weaponless(even if with a ladder/ equipment) would still be grounds to be warned/kicked?

So you must always have a weapon, no matter what?(doesn't matter the weapon, but you must have one)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 09:03:46 pm »
It's tricky sometimes .. the guy who spawns with 2 ladders and helps his team .. that's border line, because once the ladders are put (and often destroyed) he's useless unless he picks a weapon ... so usually it's better if he spawns with 1 ladder and some cheap weapon.

Spawning with only arrows, I doubt he'll find a bow quickly, and it's better to start with the cheapest bow and change it, then to not spawn with one.

Throwers sometimes throw all their shits and are stuck running weaponless ... they've done their part , but they can't try to survive hiding without a weapon, they should try to pick up something and continue fighting ..

If you use your judgment and common sense, I don't think you'll do wrong Anders. You're admin because we trust you, so it's at your own discretion. We're just offering guidelines to help you, but in the end you often have the last word if you judge the person wasn't trying to help his team and is more of a nuisance/useless instead of trying hard to help.