Author Topic: Persian Armor: Safavid Period (Shia Islamic)  (Read 14607 times)

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
Re: Persian Armor: Safavid Period (Shia Islamic)
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2011, 09:14:17 pm »
Dude... It's in the thread topic?

The main topic is about armor? Wasn't this originally someone trying to get a new armor added? If this was about religion I would have never looked at the topic in the first place  :|
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2011, 10:49:32 pm »
The main topic is about armor? Wasn't this originally someone trying to get a new armor added? If this was about religion I would have never looked at the topic in the first place  :|

He meant "look at who made the topic" this guy allways makes muslim propaganda topics. He should be banned from posting, because he might be the worst kind of troll there is.

Offline Sultan_Saladin

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2011, 03:50:29 pm »
I think the Sarranid helmets would be excellent if they had the actual nose guards on them.  Something cool I just noticed on this helmet in the picture is the 'eye veil'.  I think it would be great to see more and more new items added, maybe even from other mods and various cultures/periods.  Also, maybe doing variations on existing equipment to give it different styles/colors. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Imloxion

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: imloxion
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 07:48:27 pm »
It is the best looking armor I have seen, it is better than the clunky Euro armor that you could move at 1 mile an hour.  With this armor you get better protection and faster movement.  This armor was used for thousands of years and did not need to be changed due to it's strength and flexibility

It was the most refined armor of it's time, made from light weight damascene steel chain mail and plates.  It is the same kind of metal used for making swords that could cut through plate armor.  The process was similar to that of Japanese swords. 

BTW, the spike on the helmet was used as a last resort weapon and came in handy.  There are variations of the greaves where they also have spikes on them for the same purpose.  Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal armor were very similar except for regional differences. 

The Russians and Eastern Europeans copied the Persian Armor due to it's effectiveness in combat.  Most of the Euro heavy armor was put aside after the Crusades and the Islamic Armor was adopted along with it's technology...hence bringing in the Renaissance in Europe.

Nanosuit 3 maybe?

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 12:20:17 pm »
persian armor was useless, watch 300 and see how crap it was.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Cathaoir

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Quit raging about rageball.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cathaoir
  • IRC nick: Cathaoir
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 12:34:48 pm »
It is the best looking armor I have seen, it is better than the clunky Euro armor that you could move at 1 mile an hour.  With this armor you get better protection and faster movement.  This armor was used for thousands of years and did not need to be changed due to it's strength and flexibility. 

It was the most refined armor of it's time, made from light weight damascene steel chain mail and plates.  It is the same kind of metal used for making swords that could cut through plate armor.  The process was similar to that of Japanese swords. 

BTW, the spike on the helmet was used as a last resort weapon and came in handy.  There are variations of the greaves where they also have spikes on them for the same purpose.  Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal armor were very similar except for regional differences. 

The Russians and Eastern Europeans copied the Persian Armor due to it's effectiveness in combat.  Most of the Euro heavy armor was put aside after the Crusades and the Islamic Armor was adopted along with it's technology...hence bringing in the Renaissance in Europe.

Theyre retarded It looks alot better then the chunky ass armor i see.

theres a dude on suggestions corner,
has a title of "workshop"
hes quite good at modeling you could submit there.

but the battle is getting it on cRPG
It's not the size of the stick that matters, but who's swinging it.

Offline Cathaoir

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Quit raging about rageball.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cathaoir
  • IRC nick: Cathaoir
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 12:36:18 pm »
persian armor was useless, watch 300 and see how crap it was.

yep.
thats where I get my historical references too.
Hollywood, fuck History.

All in favor of banning all Islamic items because theres no media and/or education system depiction of them other then hideous so we cant appreciate them?
Nay.
It's not the size of the stick that matters, but who's swinging it.