Author Topic: is it posible to use a old character on a new comuter using the same cd key?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline hancock

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
i got a new computer today and wonderd if it's posible to use a old character on a new comuter using the same cd key?

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
I guess yes, characters are bound to cd-key not to computer.

Offline Dekiri

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Doesn't work for me on my laptop, using the same steam account i am unable to use my character if i create one with the same name.
Probably has to be done manually somehow or you need to copy the character file wherever that is...

Offline VicTheBear

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • You guys are dicks, and I'll drink to that.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: VicTheBear
  • IRC nick: VicTheBear
It is possible. There's a thread wayyy back in the Taleworlds forum about it, buried somewhere. There's probably another one floating around, but I know it's possible.

Edit:
Okay, so the thread I was thinking of is about how to switch from one CD key to another if you own two copies of Warband. But you could at least use it to make sure your computer is recognizing the same key, I suppose. Especially with the steam thing the other poster mentioned, not sure if it's much help, but here you go:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131876.0.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:14:10 pm by VicTheBear »
--victoria

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Yeah, I don't know how it differs with the steam version, but I've successfully swapped the key in the registry and it worked fine.  Steam may store this info differently, but hopefully not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login