Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 23235 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 05:31:38 pm »
+1
I think archers needed this buff a bit.  They were hardly noticable before, and even now much less than in native. 

There has to be a balance between the 3 classes and not just have everything stacked in favor of melee.

I think with the cav nerf it will affect them the most as they make the easiest targets for archers.

BTW its easy to approach an archer.  Just run at him, when he draws and is about to shoot, raise your shield and do a side step (which will often make him miss) then drop your shield and run at him again.  The annimation is still much slower than native.

Have you ever encountered a real archer ? Sidestepping won't help you against reasonably skilled archers.

And, about the easy sentence "get a shield". I got a heavy board shield (read : the shield with the best coverage) and arrows coming right in front of me still hit me 2 times a round. If I'm not perfectly aligned with the archer, it's almost useless. So this buff is a bit too much. Lower the damage buff, and take out these goblin animations.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 05:34:14 pm »
Here we go... Archers are nerfed enough already. Just because they shoot you while you try to melee doesn't mean they're OP.

It's one-shot-kill in real life.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 05:34:56 pm »
On my 2H'er, I hunt and kill 1h Shielders. On my 1H shielder, I hunt and kill Archers. On my Archer, I hunt and kill Cavalry and Archers and 2H'ers.

It's called balance. It involves more than 2 factors though, so you might find yourself overly confused by that concept.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Webb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Taylor Gang
  • Game nicks: Ink_My_Whole_Body
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 05:35:48 pm »
I will tell you as a fellow 2her and a former archer i grabbed a shield yesterday becuz i was tired of getting mowed down and it worked.  You have to realize that any class you pick has a weakness and a 2hers weakness is obviously archers so all you can do is try to beat them cuz it's part of the game and your charcted is not going to be all powerful and good at everything, he has to have SOME weakness.
You know what it is

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 05:37:09 pm »
Yep, arhcers are supposed to keep 2 handers in check.  You can still take a low or no req shield as a 2 hander, but you shouldnt be able to run around so freely without a shield.
No, melee is supposed to keep 2 handers in check. Polearm, 1h, other two handers. Don't make it like 2 should be ultimate melee cause they have no shield. No. Shield protect a little against ranged, but should only help, not be the only anti-ranged thing.

In 1vs1 all melee classes should have equal chances. Now it's 2h domination thanks to ultra fast speed, damage and range. Great Swords were never dueling weapons, as they sucked in duels. In the game they are (thanks to stupid mechanic that let you chamber your attack, and with longer range they have opportunity to hold the chambered weapon and punish people with shorter weapon when they want to chamber their weapon. thanks to great damage they can turn into swing more that makes their attack faster).
On my 2H'er, I hunt and kill 1h Shielders. On my 1H shielder, I hunt and kill Archers. On my Archer, I hunt and kill Cavalry and Archers and 2H'ers.

It's called balance. It involves more than 2 factors though, so you might find yourself overly confused by that concept.

It's not balance. It's shitty rock-paper-scissor gameplay that is not fun regardless of outcome.

It's one-shot-kill in real life.

Bullshit.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2011, 05:40:04 pm »

So you find it balanced that every other class can only kill 1 class (in a rock-paper-scissors way), while the archer can kill 3 classes?

Offline ZMaNFaRLee

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 05:44:52 pm »
Carry a shield doesn't change anything, with 2 shots in the legs i'm dead...
What is funny is that archers give the same answer that they give before patch (when it was clearly unbalanced) you tell us to grab a shield... Priceless.

What is strange (or clear) is that with this new release a lot of ppl use there archer character, and server are full of them, again a medieval counterstrike, not funny and boring.

Item balancers show us that this mod could be balanced before .210 release, they show us that melee can have fun. Now we have tasted it, they carry it away, that's pretty frustrating and it leaves a bitter taste. But thx i enjoyed this game for few days.

If someone shoots your legs beneath your shield from distance a few times he earned the kill that is a small fast moving target

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 05:45:31 pm »
So you find it balanced that every other class can only kill 1 class (in a rock-paper-scissors way), while the archer can kill 3 classes?

Yes Punisher, ONLY an Archer can kill any other class.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 05:49:06 pm »
No, melee is supposed to keep 2 handers in check. Polearm, 1h, other two handers. Don't make it like 2 should be ultimate melee cause they have no shield. No. Shield protect a little against ranged, but should only help, not be the only anti-ranged thing.

Wow, where is this rulebook you seem to have found?

"Archers are support class."
"Melee is supposed to keep 2 handers in check"
"Shields shouldn't be the anti-range item"

Yeah, the problem is, those are your opinions and so long as you think of them as fact, you're going to be  :cry:

Offline magog_III

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 05:52:05 pm »
absolutely agree...

archers re support class

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 05:52:19 pm »
If someone shoots your legs beneath your shield from distance a few times he earned the kill that is a small fast moving target

Yup, but with laser sight it's far more easy...
And what is the point to grab a shield now? with so many archers on servers you can't protect yourself.
What i regret is that i'm going to be like everyone else, use my archer character to play medieval counterstrike.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:54:43 pm by Blondin »

Offline ZMaNFaRLee

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »

LOLOLOLOLO

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 05:52:42 pm »
If you see at any Time an Archer as Top Killer than you can come back and cry again OMG
I've been topping the scoreboards pretty often with my archer alt, before the buff. Seemed just fine.
Now with this buff, i can 1 or 2hit pretty much everyone, which is just a bit too much :/

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2011, 05:53:57 pm »

I never claimed that, I just quoted your own words.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:56:40 pm by Punisher »

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 05:54:46 pm »
I've been topping the scoreboards pretty often with my archer alt, before the buff. Seemed just fine.
Now with this buff, i can 1 or 2hit pretty much everyone, which is just a bit too much :/

im pretty sure he meant after the patch....i did top them before the patch aswell....