Author Topic: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft  (Read 44373 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »
+1
For "normal" players, this would be fine, in theory. However, there ARE players that win 25 rounds in a row consistantly. And this system would be the equivalent of giving those players the old exponential XP bonus back. We'd once again see people at level 40 eventually.

Well, so basically your statement is: it is better for new players, but still can be equal to the current system in some cases.

This sounds like a superior alternative to me  :mrgreen:

If someone REALLY wins 25 rounds in a row he MUST have taken influence on it, so he deserved it. Basically my suggestion would change reitiring from "a help for grinding" to "increasing the chance of benefiting more of your skills". Which sounds fair to me. Reitred characters still can level faster, but they actually need to do something for it.

I think those cases where someone wins 25 rounds in a row only by luck can be ignored, as they occur that rarely that they can't influence the overall balance.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2011, 04:17:24 am »
+1
Hey um is something wrong with the heirlooming, I want to heirloom my long espada, but it goes straight to tempered, instead of balanced and my tempered side sword goes to balanced but gets the masterwork damage and speed bonus
Just a soldier

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:59 am »
+1
It is different now:

Tempered-Balanced-Masterwork

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2011, 10:36:26 am »
+1
max number of multilplier = your generatrion sounds ok (mybe it isnt but it looks ok)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2011, 10:51:08 am »
+1
I currently consider myself (gen 11) to be a fairly high gen. I feel that this new system is good. Following the theft ive got +5 modifiers on my equipment. 3 on my plate (because im lame) and 2 on my long maul (cos im really lame).  Smart players heirloom mid tier gear giving them an every day advantage. I geirloom stuff which is fun to play with on occassion.

Gens are really notthat much of an advantage. The cirrent system is better as there is no stupid gold grind and it makes it far easier to try different classes and builds.
Turtles

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2011, 05:39:57 pm »
+1
I currently consider myself (gen 11) to be a fairly high gen. I feel that this new system is good. Following the theft ive got +5 modifiers on my equipment. 3 on my plate (because im lame) and 2 on my long maul (cos im really lame).  Smart players heirloom mid tier gear giving them an every day advantage. I geirloom stuff which is fun to play with on occassion.

Gens are really notthat much of an advantage. The cirrent system is better as there is no stupid gold grind and it makes it far easier to try different classes and builds.

+1 :), small advantage, lot of fun, leads to trying more builds.  I do think maybe switching back to 1500 xp/minute  for everyone again would be a good idea, with only 5% xp bonus per generation.  Seems more fair to new players and so more people can have the fun of picking out their strange and unique heirlooms. 

I do my cavalry robe and khergit guard boots and my miadao.  I could get the same benefit by wearing heraldic mail with surcoat (except +3.5 lbs.) and cased greaves (+.5 lbs), and the miadao like  a longsword but slightly longer but slower and I plan on doing the khergit guard helmet  like the rusty morion (+.5 lbs).  I like building a character on the mixing of the mongolian and islamic cultures (turkish) around the time of the middle ages in central asia, the miadao looks like many of the middle-eastern curved swords used by cavalry and the armor matches as well.  Now I can do that kind of theme without losing the benefits of armor to people whose themes involve heavier steel armors and longswords or katanas.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo