Author Topic: Donkey Crew new game: Last Oasis  (Read 10573 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey Crew new game: Last Oasis
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 11:40:30 pm »
fucking retards, what we all wanted was a goddamn warband with better graphics and a faster pace, instead we get a wild wild west (the movie) game with swords and the shitty bannerlord.

CORONAVIRUS, IM READY TO DIE.

are you dense, we have bannerlord as our wb upgrade m8

edit: sorry I didnt realise you were not liking bannerlord, I think its gr8, just got to get used to the combat changes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:23:16 am by Banok »

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 03:00:34 am »
Last Oasis streaming on twitch.  I just tuned in myself.  have no idea what the game is about yet

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/574775544

https://www.twitch.tv/bikeman
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 04:44:44 am »
can anyone explain to me why anyone still here would want to support them still?

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2020, 10:41:22 am »
Any verdict on this? Been watching some streams and I expected less. But it's hard to tell how the overall game / metagame flows from just streams. Doesn't look like there's much content though.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2020, 10:53:42 am »
+3
can anyone explain to me why anyone still here would want to support them still?
because they created this mental cage called crpg we both suffered and enjoyed so much for many years; are you familiar with the term "stockholm syndrome"?

The biggest problem with the game for me is that it's open world. I prefer games that consist of short rounds, but have longterm progression. I easily start up a game when I know that I can stop after every 10-15 minutes, while for open world Ill have to reserve some hours for a mixture of lots of boredom and a bit of action. I rather enjoy short bursts of intense action while  thinking "just one more round", just to end up playing it for the rest of the day.

that's why I'm hoping for a crpg-ish mod in bannerlord. The multiplayer is ok, but there's no longterm progression. Also, I cant get used to a weapon or playstyle because Im constantly forced to switch between classes and I don't like that. I've often been thinking "damn, I need more athletics" or "fuck this build really needs more points in 1h" just to realize that I cant fix it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:00:03 am by Ikarus »

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2020, 01:35:43 pm »
Any verdict on this? Been watching some streams and I expected less. But it's hard to tell how the overall game / metagame flows from just streams. Doesn't look like there's much content though.

Haven't played yet but will do tomorrow, joined a clan and everything. Verdict from watching and talking people who played alpha is its very solid as early access goes, I'm guessing it is light on content but thats how EA goes. The main content is roaming around on a ship fighting other players, as long as thats fun.

I think us people from crpg/wb get too bogged down with the melee but this is not trying to be OKAM 2, mordhau or bannerlord that is 100% about medieval fighting, its a ship vs ship MMO with decent combat. Which in that space it has no real competition, there no other openworld pvp mmos coming out anytime soon now that New World got CEO'd to 180degree-pve-game. Alot of players are coming from life is feudal, ark etc rather than games like wb/mordau. but I do think people who were good at crpg/wb will be top pvpers until the plebs learn to block.

So yeah that's why I genuinely think this game is going to be a big hit and revolution for the online survival game genre (fad?), but maybe not so popular here I guess. This post has become a bit ranty, guess I've become abit of a biased fanboy already - will be funny if I hate the game now  :lol:

PS: Looks like most of the skill in this game will be in the grappling mechanic, maybe even driving the walkers rather than blocking/chambering anyway.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:01:39 pm by Banok »

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2020, 02:16:58 pm »
+1
Saw a livestream. Looks llike absolute boredom. Imagine if they kept developing OKAM all this time.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2020, 09:46:04 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Damn Pogosan left us here alone with Yuhmaz, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2020, 11:38:26 pm »
Checked out a few streams, it was a snoozefest. Just watching some progress bars and people gathering plants.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2020, 09:40:34 am »
Damn Pogosan left us here alone with Yuhmaz, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Me and other nerds overthrowed him with our shitposts,fk you asheram

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2020, 11:26:03 am »
Haven't played yet but will do tomorrow, joined a clan and everything. Verdict from watching and talking people who played alpha is its very solid as early access goes, I'm guessing it is light on content but thats how EA goes. The main content is roaming around on a ship fighting other players, as long as thats fun.

I think us people from crpg/wb get too bogged down with the melee but this is not trying to be OKAM 2, mordhau or bannerlord that is 100% about medieval fighting, its a ship vs ship MMO with decent combat. Which in that space it has no real competition, there no other openworld pvp mmos coming out anytime soon now that New World got CEO'd to 180degree-pve-game. Alot of players are coming from life is feudal, ark etc rather than games like wb/mordau. but I do think people who were good at crpg/wb will be top pvpers until the plebs learn to block.

So yeah that's why I genuinely think this game is going to be a big hit and revolution for the online survival game genre (fad?), but maybe not so popular here I guess. This post has become a bit ranty, guess I've become abit of a biased fanboy already - will be funny if I hate the game now  :lol:

PS: Looks like most of the skill in this game will be in the grappling mechanic, maybe even driving the walkers rather than blocking/chambering anyway.

I'm open to a budget version of a solid melee combat, like a cheaply made warband-like system if it comes within a survival MMO genre. It's just that it feels like it's very light on content, most of the gameplay I've seen is just gathering resources and messing around with the walkers. Not exactly fair comparison given that one is just releasing into early access, but I'd compare this one to Conan Exiles since they're both melee based survival games (tho CE isn't an MMO), and CE has a ton of content for the sacrifice of a bit different (inferior?) combat system and not being an MMO.

Or a more fair comparison would be against Atlas on EA release (yes I know the game was a disaster), but we had good fun with it for about 100 hours. There was lots of islands to explore and cool shit to build, gather, fight/tame and explore.

My interest in Last Oasis only stems from the fact that at the moment they don't really have any decent competition. I mean what are we supposed to play, bonerlord lol?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:30:27 am by Vibe »

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2020, 04:00:52 pm »
I'm open to a budget version of a solid melee combat, like a cheaply made warband-like system if it comes within a survival MMO genre.

When I played it, which was like 6+ months ago the combat was very bare-bones. The only Warband-esque part was 3 directional attacks and blocks, but nothing else to it. No feints, kicks, chambering or any other unique mechanics. Admittedly it did at least feel smooth and fluent compared to the very janky melee combat u have in a lot of survival games. Not sure if anything has changed.

The survival elements and progression felt okay-ish, I assume that's been improved a lot, but nothing particularly exciting for me to stand out from other survival games. I guess if you're itching for a new survival game it might be an okay choice.

I might have given it a try if they didn't end up releasing so close to Bannerlord. I've been very critical of Bannerlord, and I don't think it compares favorably to Warband. But leaving WB aside for my tastes it still has by far the best medieval combat system.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2020, 07:47:07 pm »
+6
I played for like 30 minutes way back in the old beta, then i was done. I cant play survival games, it sucks my soul and removes all my will to live.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2020, 10:31:22 pm »
Honestly not into those survival games, not even played most of them dont see the point, but i am enjoying this one. I guess if you hate survival games chances are you wont like this. but imo it's hybrid survival game + melee mmo.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2020, 11:40:39 pm »
So how skillbased is the game? Anyone who was actually good in cRPG/Warband tried it? It looks like it's all about numbers and the combat is really laggy, but it's hard to say for sure because all the streamers suck.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.