Author Topic: 0.5.5.0: you to decide  (Read 86702 times)

Offline almarc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.5.0: you to decide
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 06:56:53 pm »
+6
Aren't you the dude who's talking to himself here for the last... eternity?)

The lord*
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:09:56 pm by almarc »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 07:02:39 pm »
I don't have years of experience on my shoulders in cRPG certainly. But I remember myself having lots of fun here a few years ago.

That said, I would say - let the mod rest in peace. Maybe you can try porting it to Bannerlord when it releases, instead.

No one knows when Bannerlord gets released and it's definitely not a near future (I guess more than a year) and it won't be possible to port, more to develop from scratch because Bannerlord will get a different module system and technologies used for cRPG are outdated.

Offline almarc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2018, 07:09:36 pm »
+1
Yes, that is pretty much what I mean. A cRPG remake, you can call it? Don't get me wrong, I'm a dev myself and I understand how much effort that requires. But...
By the time you'll be able to get new players to this module, Bannerlord would probably be very close to release. Maybe you should just develop new concepts, find a team who'll be passionate about this and have a well-defined strategy by the release of M&B2, instead? :)

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2018, 06:13:13 am »
+2
Hello, my dear modmates!

At this point cRPG is on the crossroads: death (which is imminent since nothing is eternal) or still a short run.

I know this happened quite a few times already in the past but this time it seems like there will be no other chance, cRPG was never as close to death. Not much left from a dev team, it's basically just San and me joining the sinking boat. We had a Strategus Council which was successful IMO and we didn't only come to certain decisions but also implemented them, but then we couldn't patch them in because we didn't have enough access, Professor went missing for ages (can't blame him) and everyone lost motivation. Above from that Strat got entirely broken with the a dozen of changes that were waiting to be patched from previous dev team and it took quite an effort to at least fix it back.

It's up to us, just a bunch of people who truly love this mod: what we need to make its last months (and who knows, maybe more) a better experience for everyone. I know that the original dev team with chadz on top (my personal thanks to original dev team!) did the same threads and I'm aware that mostly nothing got implemented, I do remember how long it took for decisions. I assure you, this is not going to happen again, if we do stuff - we do it blazing fast, no more months between patches, we don't have this much time.

One thing that we need to do: what do players want the most to get at least minimal population back? We don't get paid and can't afford us development with 1 player online
(click to show/hide)
. Doing something that grows population back is what can inspire and motivate us.

I took this incentive and responsibility to make this post and truly hope we can save cRPG from inglorious death. Please share your suggestions from in-game rules to item balance, from new mechanics to strat changes (trolls with suggestions like I love you, let mod die etc will get punished, remember Rando  :oops:).

So it's up to you what we see in the upcoming changelog.

Patch notes (updating):

1. Restored Rando's account with all the posts, topics, votes etc.
2. Fixed hall of fame in tavern to be based on XP rather than broken levels (since XP requirements per level were changed quite a lot throughout years).
3. San: Changes in WPF formulas:
-Every point in WM updates the minimum melee wpf.
-Shared melee wpf has been improved.
-wpf penalty adjustments
4. Website now shows all correct bonuses/penalties to wpf showing real effective wpf that you'll have in game.

bring back ladders and other siegestuff for battle .
thats was a nice time and reverse all the nerfs which were given to dozen of weapons ( barmace for example )

and most important thing is,WIPE

u need to wipe everything,this game is alaive because there is grind,make the time longer from lvl 1 to 31 and let it go max lvl 34 or 35.

u dont need to be max lvl to have fun in this mod,i alwaays enjoyed the low lvl time the most.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

pogosan

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2018, 01:30:25 pm »
+3

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2018, 01:57:32 pm »
+2
could you write some code which completely randomises the stats on all weapons? I'd love to see  the wacky shit we could get up to with wooden daggers that do like 80 blunt damage
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2018, 02:12:19 pm »
+1
could you write some code which completely randomises the stats on all weapons? I'd love to see  the wacky shit we could get up to with wooden daggers that do like 80 blunt damage
These are one of rhe smartass ideas why i tell dave that he should make us admin

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2018, 02:22:58 pm »
bring back ladders and other siegestuff for battle .
thats was a nice time and reverse all the nerfs which were given to dozen of weapons ( barmace for example )

and most important thing is,WIPE

u need to wipe everything,this game is alaive because there is grind,make the time longer from lvl 1 to 31 and let it go max lvl 34 or 35.

u dont need to be max lvl to have fun in this mod,i alwaays enjoyed the low lvl time the most.

Ladders is a good idea to get back to battle servers (with enforced rules not to abuse it and upcoming ranged nerf). Which weapons that got nerfed would you want to see back?

Also, is there a compromise for total wipe?

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2018, 02:41:56 pm »
if you want to attract any new players, no.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2018, 04:32:06 pm »
if you want to attract any new players, no.

maybe a sort of semi-wipe? Like wipe everyone's gold and exp, make all their +3 items +2? Change XP system and make a part of it progressive (a certain percentage of crpg's biggest nerd's XP minus your current XP). So that's it harder to be highest XP and easier for newcomers.

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2018, 04:35:53 pm »
+2
Buff estoc

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2018, 04:41:43 pm »
Buff estoc

Actually it got buffed in the last patch that's live already, its base damage is 31pierce.
What specific buff would you expect to make it better?

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2018, 05:16:45 pm »
+1
Actually it got buffed in the last patch that's live already, its base damage is 31pierce.
What specific buff would you expect to make it better?

Revert back to old 4D estoc with same stats.

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2018, 05:27:51 pm »
+1
Most new players won't bother downloading when they find out that pretty much everyone still has an advantage on them.
Buying more positive moddb reviews wont help you out on that front either.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2018, 05:40:50 pm »
Most new players won't bother downloading when they find out that pretty much everyone still has an advantage on them.
Buying more positive moddb reviews wont help you out on that front either.
Then game turns into native not crpg.In a rpg game you supposed to have better things as you play...