Author Topic: Try this!  (Read 3106 times)

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
Re: Try this!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 04:22:48 am »
+6
thanks for the ideas, will keep them in mind but for now fixing pseudonym bug is highest priority code-wise. equipment box bug should be gone fairly soon, definitely the most frustrating thing i've dealt with so far
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 06:03:29 am »
+8
The proximity xp system was superior to the new age xp system Never understood why this changed.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 06:11:39 am »
+5
First off, stop blaming the devs/admins for the population. It's out of fashion. The community is a major reason for the population concerns.

This in particular.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 07:49:48 am »
+1
The proximity xp system was superior Never understood why this changed.

when did it change anyway? only because you mention it, i remember it, it was awesome. did not realize when it was gone and now i wonder why remove this awesome feat?! imo one of the all time best feats.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 08:05:51 am »
+4
even though bannerlord probably is still a ways away, it's lurking around the corner for a lot of mount and blade players, and I've noticed a lot more activity based off the steam charts of people playing warband (maybe revitalizing their interests or just getting into melee shape) so it's entirely possible to get the mod popping a little bit. although i do feel like trying to regrow crpg at this point is like going to the germans just b4 the battle of the bulge and telling them how to win it, it's not gonna matter anyway since it will probably be over in 6 months anyway.

things I think would help get new players:
-finding someway to get a PROPER THREAD on the taleworlds forums. the taleworlds forums are still pretty active and people go there to find warband mods and bannerlord info. cRPG is literally in a dusty old section of the mods thread and it doesn't have a proper thread of its own with detailed information about the mod (strat, all the armors, leveling system, etc). i tried contacting a forum admin over it a few months ago and he claims that the original crpg devs wanted it like that to promote the use of our own forums here, so unless another dev contacts them they can't change it (idk if professor has this authority status).
-making occasional posts on the steam community hub with screenshots. sorry james, but moddb is pretty dead since 1992, and most people use the steam community hub for reviews and mod recommendations.

things 2 do to get new players 2 stay:
-an active server (new players would never really understand the significance of a database wipe, or getting free looms when they make their account). for real we just need 2 make a "get on NA1 or EU1" post on the steam page at like 6 or 7 cst every evening and people need 2 understand their holy responsibility to play this game
- change upkeep costs and xp somehow. tbh high upkeep costs on plate is as much of a pain in my ass as just transferring some gold from one character to another. new players get hit hard by upkeep, and if they want 2 play some loaded ridiculous build with a bunch of pricey shit, then let them do it. upkeep really does punish the people that shouldn't be affected by it. prox xp would be a good idea

here are the moderators replies:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:14:36 am by bensai »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 09:25:03 am »
+4
wtf i love Sauce now???
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2596
  • Infamy: 1512
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 12:38:11 pm »
+2
If you bring back XP barn cRPG pop will be 100+ in a matter of days

Haven't played cRPG in four years, same goes for general PC gaming, but I'd be temped to start again if wipe comes with XP barn shit straight outta 2010.

New system is ruthless because it doesn't alleviate grinding, just makes it harder. Old system was pretty awesome and supported casual players.

But cRPG's official Nazi clan was lobbying so hard to change it because it wasn't elite enough for their braindead agenda, in the end chadz caved in and changed it because at about that time he stopped actively playing himself.

Prof isn't familiar with old system which is both blessing and a curse, blessing because devs seem to hate it (muh balance and rest of stupid ideas every cRPG dev seems to have) and curse because he doesn't know advantages of said system.

Basically from casual point of view old XP system was: play couple hours weekly, get to level 15, retire once a week to get that gen bonus. After two months process is much faster due to gen multiplier and you can reach highers levels which make it fun to play. You could be bad at the game but with little bit of mileage on your char you could have higher level char than newer players and enjoy benefits of that. There was none of only elite must win mindset that Mercs and braindead followers of their credo embraced.

I can play four to five hours a week but want something in return, being stinky low level with no looms after three months while some newage pimply faces Euromy old friend kid is rolling full set and high level is precise why I don't want to ever touch current XP system cRPG. It is broken and promotes nolifing.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:41:12 pm by Leshma »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 12:46:33 pm »
+1
But cRPG's official Nazi clan was lobbying so hard to change it because it wasn't elite enough for their braindead agenda, in the end chadz caved in and changed it because at about that time he stopped actively playing himself.

Do you ever get tired of poorly rewritting history so it fits better in the insane, ever-shifting kindergarden collage you call your perception of reality?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 04:56:03 pm »
+7
Fuck, I find myself agreeing with something Sauce said. Must be a pretty good idea.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 01:57:34 am »
+5
CONFESSION

(click to show/hide)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 03:44:57 am »
+3
I like it. Won't revive the mod, but I like it. Let's make babies together.

edit: no homo, just to get the population up
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 07:43:50 am »
All these neckbeards starting a post after we already have a solution. Sauce I give you my blessing, and Betsy's too.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 07:44:47 am »
+1
Haven't played cRPG in four years

Get outta here

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 07:52:29 am »
All these neckbeards starting a post after we already have a solution. Sauce I give you my blessing, and Betsy's too.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 11:27:11 am »
sauce on this.