Author Topic: patch v0.5.4.0, changelog and announcement  (Read 11558 times)

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
Re: patch v0.5.4.0, changelog and announcement
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 04:01:35 am »
+1

Cassi/Dupre: racism detection system. The logs are now going through a detection system looking for racial slur. If detected, the player will be muted if still playing and will be banned for 1minute if he already left. This however is to leave a notification on the ban record for other admins. The whole system can take over several minutes after the racist word has been said since the logs arent updated instantly.

(click to show/hide)
Ca$hville 615

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 07:44:19 am »
+5
Only works for Eu1, Eu7 and Eu3 yet sorry.

But it is most welcome to report those players manually on NA(official)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2019, 01:28:19 am »
was a good meme tho
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline coucouleloup

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2019, 10:22:12 am »
+7
i hope mod isn't dead. i came back and every day i see , more players.

Like u know, i played lot at this game. i'm at 40 millions of level 39, so you can imagine how much  i played, and i noticed many things about the game and what's players don't like in it.

1) First: remove or limit(buffing ?)those shitty weapons like Miaodao. i can say that many players are coming to challenge, and they disgusted to be humiliate by miaodao players who spam them to death , blocks are only way and u can 't strike. I regret that miaodao players didn't  notice how important is EGo in this game , they ruining the game and are reponsible of massive defections on servers. they should grow a little and never forget that if they taking pleasure it's because others are here to play with them. Some players will say i'm bad, perhaps it's true, but now there's only good players, skilled,and i'm one them too, imagine reactions of new players...disgusted in few days.

2) throwing : you fixed many throws weapons to 1 slot to 2. it's a big mistake. Why taking jarids or throwings spears(3 or 4 ammos)+ a 1 slot melee weapon( 1h or 2 h) when u can have 4 throwing lances with polearms wpf. if u compare damages and ammos ratio, jarids and throwing spears are useless. Put back to 1 slot those throws and removed ability to throw random lances to players without  PT. throwers aren't the problem, the problem is everyone could throw without PT.

3) archers : damages are too high, and ratio at their advantages, lot of ammos, they can pick up back arrrows. Reducing damages, don't allow them to pick up back arrows, and increase stun to make them a good support for the team, could be a way.

4) builds: i continue to make strenght builds, cause i don't want to  destroy the challenge. i prefer to know that i killed someone on battlfield, cause i well done , not because  the agi build did it.
Why not limiting the AGI stat to counter this problem or increasing the cost of points u need to invest in character if u want to go more than 21 or 24 agi ?

the wipe: why not ? but i don't think the problem is here. A skilled player will be a skilled player, and wipe will not soluce everything.

Finally, sorry for my shit english, i hope u understood me.

HardraaDa.

Offline _Kurak_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2019, 04:25:57 pm »
I agree with the comrade on points 1 and 4.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2019, 05:59:35 pm »
+3

Like u know, i played lot at this game. i'm at 40 millions of level 39, so you can imagine how much  i played, and i noticed many things about the game and what's players don't like in it.

1) First: remove or limit(buffing ?)those shitty weapons like Miaodao. i can say that many players are coming to challenge, and they disgusted to be humiliate by miaodao players who spam them to death , blocks are only way and u can 't strike. I regret that miaodao players didn't  notice how important is EGo in this game , they ruining the game and are reponsible of massive defections on servers. they should grow a little and never forget that if they taking pleasure it's because others are here to play with them. Some players will say i'm bad, perhaps it's true, but now there's only good players, skilled,and i'm one them too, imagine reactions of new players...disgusted in few days.

2) throwing : you fixed many throws weapons to 1 slot to 2. it's a big mistake. Why taking jarids or throwings spears(3 or 4 ammos)+ a 1 slot melee weapon( 1h or 2 h) when u can have 4 throwing lances with polearms wpf. if u compare damages and ammos ratio, jarids and throwing spears are useless. Put back to 1 slot those throws and removed ability to throw random lances to players without  PT. throwers aren't the problem, the problem is everyone could throw without PT.

3) archers : damages are too high, and ratio at their advantages, lot of ammos, they can pick up back arrrows. Reducing damages, don't allow them to pick up back arrows, and increase stun to make them a good support for the team, could be a way.

4) builds: i continue to make strenght builds, cause i don't want to  destroy the challenge. i prefer to know that i killed someone on battlfield, cause i well done , not because  the agi build did it.
Why not limiting the AGI stat to counter this problem or increasing the cost of points u need to invest in character if u want to go more than 21 or 24 agi ?

the wipe: why not ? but i don't think the problem is here. A skilled player will be a skilled player, and wipe will not soluce everything.

HardraaDa.

1) Game balancers are faster than you :D Miaodao is already nerfed, I guess it wasn't noticed. Miaodao lost 2 damage in one of the patches during recent DDoS attacks.

2) Yes, I agree. Jarids and throwing spears are definitely underdogs. It will be addressed. Speaking about random lances without PT, I agree with that as well and we will fix it also.

3) Pierce damage archers are very limited with ammo while cut archers aren't supper effective against plates. We actually _do want_ them to pick up ammo and get out of their comfort zone. Increasing stun even further could be a complete toxic change because ranged stun is already the longest stun in the game.

4) A lot of items got their Strength reqs increased a lot recently and speed bonus for melee was decreased a bit. I don't think that full AGI is meta (that would mean light armor), especially with CUT archers who shred AGI runners and cav bumping to death. Strength and Agility is quite balanced right now IMO.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2019, 08:38:44 pm »

4) builds: i continue to make strenght builds, cause i don't want to  destroy the challenge. i prefer to know that i killed someone on battlfield, cause i well done , not because  the agi build did it.Why not limiting the AGI stat to counter this problem or increasing the cost of points u need to invest in character if u want to go more than 21 or 24 agi ?
So have you ever played an agility build, if you have not how do you know theres no challenge? I have a 12/30 character 4ps is a challenge bro. Sounds more like you want native to me which has set stats of the nation you are playing as. cRPG is all about builds and playing dress up.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2019, 11:11:46 pm »

HardraaDa.
No problem dude, I appreciate your points.

Miaodao alongside Baguadao have both recently been nerfed; we're trying to solve the issue of weapons like this just being the go to weapon if you want to just dominate the shit out of people; the problem is also that really good tier players are abusing them which makes things worse. Time will tell if the nerf we gave fixes the issue, however if it doesn't we will deal with it when we get there.

I don't really want to comment on thrower as I don't have experience playing the class overall so I'm going to not leave my own opinion on this one; however if other throwing weapons are indeed too weak then we'll look at that.

Archer right now has already received some pretty massive nerfs in the form that they don't have anywhere near as much ammunition as they used to, they will always be the subject of people spamming to nerf them. The problem is that too many people play them and that causes a bad experience for all. Now that we have a ranged limiter implemented this isn't an issue on the battle servers anymore, or rather shouldn't be.

Strategus is a really hard one to call on as we have already done some fairly significant changes that mean that some archers will be top tier, other archers won't be that great. The skill of the player remains however not every nation is viable for archers. - Overall archers are always going to be strong in siege battles because of how it calculates damage, it also factors in how high up they are, so if they're up high and you're down low you're going to take much harder damage than before, especially if you're wearing weak gear. Ranged will always be the most annoying class in the entire game to balance because there isn't a way to balance them perfectly. It's not possible (at least in a c-rpg players eyes) - We can keep tweaking but overall I think it will lead nowhere.

I don't think limiting peoples playstyles is going to do anything other than cause people to quit. With archers it's almost become a necessity due to EU just not changing. (Once the change is fully developed we'll see much better balance as Administrators will be able to set the numbers, so don't worry NA my old friendchers, you're not going to be stuck for long, it's a temporary thing!) Already we saw a bit of pushback by limiting ranged, overall we need to be very careful how we manage it because it can and will have an effect on the population. Tweaking classes? Yes. Forcing classes away? No. That sort of thing is a last resort.

I've done some testing as a 2h playing 18/27 and 27/18 and I noticed no difference in the damage at all which astounded me; overall, the difference is that AGI is better used by skilled opponents who have footwork and blocking down quite well, whereas worse players can do a lot better if they wear heavier armour and go with a balanced/STR build, because overall the damage looks to be the same. I have to do more testing on this but that's the information I've gotten so far.

The general game isn't being reset, strategus however will be at some stage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2019, 11:46:09 pm »
I've done some testing as a 2h playing 18/27 and 27/18 and I noticed no difference in the damage at all which astounded me; overall, the difference is that AGI is better used by skilled opponents who have footwork and blocking down quite well, whereas worse players can do a lot better if they wear heavier armour and go with a balanced/STR build, because overall the damage looks to be the same. I have to do more testing on this but that's the information I've gotten so far.
I dont know about 18/27 and 27/18 but my 2 1h chars Skillless, who was 27/15 and my agility char Asheran who is 12/30 theres a noticeable difference, I do alot better on Skillless.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline San

• Developer
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2019, 06:08:25 am »
+2
Since PS and speed bonus are just damage multipliers, you want both at a reasonable level -- balanced builds or semi-balanced builds should all be great to use. Speed bonus makes up for the damage loss, but below 6PS and you start to lose out on damage. I think that 12/33 and 15/30 are more competitive than 12/30.

To me, 15/30 > 18/27 > 15/27 despite the small increase in tankiness on 15/27.

The new system has been quite a bit more chaotic, but it makes sense with all this activity. Glad things are pretty self sufficient right now and people are able to enjoy the game.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2019, 03:51:12 pm »
The new system has been quite a bit more chaotic
the problem is not chaotic aspect, rather than rewarding randomness and stupidity, and maybe thats why alot of most dedicated crpg players are still on merc mod, with super trash and ez mechanic but less random as faaaak :(

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2019, 07:18:26 pm »
Since PS and speed bonus are just damage multipliers, you want both at a reasonable level -- balanced builds or semi-balanced builds should all be great to use. Speed bonus makes up for the damage loss, but below 6PS and you start to lose out on damage. I think that 12/33 and 15/30 are more competitive than 12/30.

To me, 15/30 > 18/27 > 15/27 despite the small increase in tankiness on 15/27.

The new system has been quite a bit more chaotic, but it makes sense with all this activity. Glad things are pretty self sufficient right now and people are able to enjoy the game.

I'll do some tests on some even wider builds like 15/30 & 30/15, see if I can spot bigger differences
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2019, 02:34:53 am »
the problem is not chaotic aspect, rather than rewarding randomness and stupidity, and maybe thats why alot of most dedicated crpg players are still on merc mod, with super trash and ez mechanic but less random as faaaak :(
I wouldnt really call them most dedicated crpg players if they play mercs when crpg is available. The random is what makes it fun, for me otherwise I would play native.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 02:38:16 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2019, 09:57:08 am »
+1

People play Mercs because they have consistent population unlike cRPG. Even if we make cRPG better in everything than Merc mod, people still wouldn't migrate for many reasons. Also getting pop is a slow process unlike losing pop. If I started working on a mod that had bigger than 0 population, it would be easier.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2019, 12:53:24 am »
People play Mercs because they have consistent population unlike cRPG. Even if we make cRPG better in everything than Merc mod, people still wouldn't migrate for many reasons. Also getting pop is a slow process unlike losing pop. If I started working on a mod that had bigger than 0 population, it would be easier.
We've been waiting for you, or someone like you, or someone other than you, for some time. We needed a champion, and you've got the job. Time to save the C-rpg! Rescue the damsel! Slay the beast! Or die trying. Your help is required. A change is needed. Everything changes. Even developpers. Especially Developpers.Get on to work pitiful inadequate mortal!