Author Topic: Multiplier  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Morle

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Multiplier
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:01:27 pm »
+6
there's probably a reason i haven't seen any opinions about it on the forum so far but i'll ask it anyway, would it be stupid raising the multiplier limit to 7 perhaps? being on a big winning streak doesn't feel that  rewarding imo. inb4 "haha what wuld u do wht/ it?? XDDD". also if you have to level up there's no reason to not go on DTV right now, much much faster leveling, but i'm sure we want EU 1 (and possibly EU 2 with some time) to be filled back with players.

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
Re: Multiplier
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 05:42:22 pm »
+3
there's no reason to not go on DTV
Because I want to have fun?

Offline Morle

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 05:52:00 pm »
+1
if you have to level up

talking of course about those who aim to mainly grind exp. aside from the fact that, at least for my personal preferences, i'd rather have people grinding exp on EU 1 for the mod's general benefits, right now there's generally no choice; rather, if you really want to exp DTV does give a big boost, so either we reduce exp in DTV or boost exp on battle/siege servers (in such ways as raising the multiplier limit); don't get me wrong, DTV isn't that bad, mostly useful when servers are empty (would rather play DTV than battle with 5-10 people). i was just wondering if there were any bad consequences doing so; maybe it could take 4 wins more to get to x7, as if any win after x5 would only give 0.5 or something like that. maybe the coding itself doesn't allow it i don't know, but my request is also related to the 95 mln exp required to get to level 33  :shock:

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 01:53:50 am »
+1
RAISE THE MULTIPLIER TO 7!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 01:59:13 am »
why stop at 7 go for 10
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 02:08:03 am »
I'd rather divide the amount of xp required by 1/3 or by 2 all across the board.. That kind of thing would just increase banner stacking in my opinion.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 02:09:54 am »
I think that would be unfair to newcomers, compared to gen 16. If we have any...

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 02:36:19 am »
+5
The multiplier system is entirely unfair to newer players, who are likely to be stuck with a x1 for a large amount of time. That's why i'm considering other systems, such as changing the multis to range over x3 to x5, and possibly even reintroducing xp barn system on top of multiplier system.
shoot me on discord or real life

pogosan

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 02:41:54 am »

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 03:20:01 am »
+1
Well, completely new players get at least x2 until lvl 25, so it's not THAT unfair. Hyped about a new system though. Any change is good in a crazy old mod like this.
True, but from 25 on (the majority of the grind), they're likely to be stuck with x1

Offline Pawiu

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • RUN, FUCKING RUN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Polearm for life
  • Game nicks: Pawiu
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 05:16:27 am »
+2
Isn't current xp per tick  like x1,5 of what it was in "old" days?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 05:18:45 am »
we have 3x xp right now, which i think is total bullshit tbh.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 09:33:19 am »
+2
xp is fine where it's at, but gold does need a nerf. Plate is actually pretty strong again from what I've seen so far
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 05:30:09 pm »
+3
The multiplier system is entirely unfair to newer players, who are likely to be stuck with a x1 for a large amount of time.

Back in the day I never felt it was too unfair as a complete noob. Assuming you're so bad that you contribute literally nothing to your team, there's a fairly good chance you'll end up on the side with the larger banner stack, leaving your multi up to a coin flip every new map. It isn't entirely reasonable to consider a 50% chance for a multi to be all that unfair, when ideally if the balancer "worked" that would be what everyone got. Sure, your chances of keeping it may be less than a veteran player's, due to valor, but that's really the only downside (and let's be honest, getting rewarded for actually contributing is kinda how this should work). Also, at the start of each map roughly half of the players on the banner stack will lose their multi since they're likely to be split up due to randomization, so really the noob who is getting stacked with them every now and again doesn't lose it too much more often than everyone else, even those stacking. Not that I'm against a new system or anything, I just feel like the "noob-unfriendliness" argument is oftentimes fairly exaggerated.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 08:10:26 pm »
+2
Yeah, Jona's speaking some truths. Even if you were literally a potato, are you really not going to get lucky and happen to spawn on the winning team a decent % of the time?

That said, I'd love proximity exp to keep fighting focused centrally. But tbh flags kinda do that already as long as they dont bug.
Yeah, you can get on the winning team a decent % of the time, but even if that chance is as high as 50%, you're still guaranteed to spend half of your time with a x1 multiplier, which is half as rewarding as the next tier in the ticks system. That's why I'd at least like to change the ticks to range from x3 to x5, so that going from one tier to another is not a massive change. For example going from x3 to x4 is only a increase by a factor of 4/3 increase, as opposed to going from x1 to x2, a increase of factor 2 or w/e. Then, adding on the proximity xp on top of that would give you a reward that is not contingent on being on the winning team.

That, or have the ticks be some constant amount, and give out some bonus at the end for winning. Just a thought.

Basically, when you are a noob or otherwise unable to perform well, I imagine that it can be frustrating that, for the most part, you are unable to influence your reward much, and have to rely on your team winning. On the other hand, with proximity xp, if you die in a team fight, you can say: "Yes, I helped the team by fighting with them, and I was rewarded for it."