Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2675
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 12:40:52 am »
I just recently yielded and got a PS4 aswell. Indeed this console generations PS exclusives in general seem very good and forced even a dedicated PCboi like myself to give in. Xbox is pretty much in the dirt currently and learning the hard lesson of nobody cares about the cool hardware of your xbone, a console is only as good as its games and currently even Switch is kicking its arse. It looks like that after decades of close competition and debates, this gens console war has a pretty obvious winner.

Switch is entirely different beast, I plan to get it for a nephew for his next birthday. Might even toy with it a bit myself but will probably get bored fast (haven't seen exciting video game in well over 5 years that will make me play it). Think that I'll expose him and my future kids to Nintendo at first, just like I was exposed to SNES, Gameboy and Sega Drive when I was a kid. PC games came later but I was lucky to fit right into golden age of Windows gaming which will probably never happen again. Getting kid to play these moronic games that rule PC realm these days is sure way to create an idiot out of him/her. When I was 13-14 I played Age of Empires and Deus Ex, they play fucking Fortnite.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 11:01:16 am »
Switch is entirely different beast, I plan to get it for a nephew for his next birthday. Might even toy with it a bit myself but will probably get bored fast (haven't seen exciting video game in well over 5 years that will make me play it). Think that I'll expose him and my future kids to Nintendo at first, just like I was exposed to SNES, Gameboy and Sega Drive when I was a kid. PC games came later but I was lucky to fit right into golden age of Windows gaming which will probably never happen again. Getting kid to play these moronic games that rule PC realm these days is sure way to create an idiot out of him/her. When I was 13-14 I played Age of Empires and Deus Ex, they play fucking Fortnite.

You seem to have a serious beef with PC because of the recent battle royale fad. You do realise a lot of very solid games(superior to even your golden ages games) have come out, if u just look under the current fads shadow right? Id say 4x strategy games that are coming out are pretty solid recently, each better than the last. Oldschool pixelated very deep RPGs. Id rate MOBAs actually pretty high here aswell. I really wouldnt count Dota as a game for idiots. Id rate it as a very thought demanding game. As I understand your personal beef with mobas is that u know people personally who do nothing but play it and are still morons. But thats the case with everything tbh, you could do nothing but play chess your whole life, u still a useless to the society moron. But yeah traditional RTS-s, like SC or AoE and rpgs like Deus ex are dead af. Probably just accept it, visit the grave sometimes and pick another favorite genre. Otherwise you will be unreasonably bitter forever....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:09:49 am by Tibes »

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 11:02:40 am »
Forum crappy, wont allow deletion of accidentally made posts.....

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2971
  • Infamy: 2173
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 01:49:00 pm »
You seem to have a serious beef with PC because of the recent battle royale fad. You do realise a lot of very solid games(superior to even your golden ages games) have come out, if u just look under the current fads shadow right? Id say 4x strategy games that are coming out are pretty solid recently, each better than the last. Oldschool pixelated very deep RPGs. Id rate MOBAs actually pretty high here aswell. I really wouldnt count Dota as a game for idiots. Id rate it as a very thought demanding game. As I understand your personal beef with mobas is that u know people personally who do nothing but play it and are still morons. But thats the case with everything tbh, you could do nothing but play chess your whole life, u still a useless to the society moron. But yeah traditional RTS-s, like SC or AoE and rpgs like Deus ex are dead af. Probably just accept it, visit the grave sometimes and pick another favorite genre. Otherwise you will be unreasonably bitter forever....

Original Deus Ex is still better than most PC games, way better than other games in the series. But it didn't age that well animation and graphics wise. What I'm trying to say that Deus Ex was groundbreaking in 2000. and there hasn't been a single groundbreaking game in last half a decade.

If you ask me gaming went downhill with World of Warcraft, that is what brought most idiots into gaming and enabled shit games that come out today.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 07:33:35 pm »
Well yeah. As we keep breaking more ground, inevitably the ground will just run out at some point. The scale and the sheer perfection a game should be, to be considered groundbreaking these days is so absurd, that its not even worth making. From what im gathering making games is not very profitable and being a game dev is a totally shitty and unstable job.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 10:09:24 pm »
Oh and howdy Cajun
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 06:04:23 am »
Fuck off with your shit thread

Cunt
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2018, 06:49:03 am »
+1
wow i made this thread last year take your own advice
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 06:58:09 am »
+2
This thread is 10000000000000000000000 times better

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2018, 03:11:24 am »
This thread is 10000000000000000000000 times better
LMAO coming from a TRIAL game admin on a dead game....... your opinion is worth negative points
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2018, 04:03:17 am »
 :shock:
PENDULUM

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2018, 03:55:31 pm »
Stop Hatin bro

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 02:56:31 am »
PENDULUM

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 07:34:50 am »
+1
These kind of videos are the worst that Youtube has to offer. 7-15 minute long videos with ages old footage and old information spoken s-l-o-w-l-y, with 95% filler and 5% actual information.

What's most amazing is that there are hundreds of these channels and somehow they manage to get views, despite everyone hating them.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2018, 01:21:59 pm »
The leak about online has me pretty excited. Hopefully they really go deep into the posse v posse online competition.