Author Topic: Mod Is Maybe Not Dead (New NA Servers Coming)  (Read 23816 times)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
Re: Mod Is Maybe Not Dead (New NA Servers Needed After Oct 7.)
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2017, 05:36:01 am »
TDM is the answer.

Offline Davic

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Semenstorm, Medieval Carriage Club
  • Game nicks: Davic, Gayvic, Cavic, Xavic, Maulvic
« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2017, 06:33:09 am »
+2
I don't think limiting classes will work in cRPG like it does in Native and NW, even if the technical issues can be resolved.

The majority of players stick to one type of playstyle 99% of the time they play, be that infantry, archer, xbow, thrower, or cav. Most players don't bother switching classes when its clear it would be advantageous in the current diversity of classes on the server (for instance, switching from 2H to sword & board when there is a lot of ranged on). This may be because they just don't like other playstyles, or might not even have characters set up with those playstyles. This change would have the opposite effect that we're seeing now. Instead of infantry and cav quitting because there's too many ranged, you're gonna have ranged quitting because they can't join the server and play how they want.

I'd rather see ranged get balanced back into the meta. This would mean buffing certain classes, and nerfing certain aspects of ranged classes. That is, if the game gets up and running again, and the new team decides its worth it.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2017, 06:53:48 am »
+5
Limiting classes in a rpg game is just nuts. The way to make people play other classes is to make them more attractive, not by making others less attractive (unless massive imbalance). Lighter shields, more hp and bigger coverage, buffs on 1h dmg etc. Lots of things to try, to force an anti ranged meta but it was never done. Shields become too major in the meta? Make axes break split them up like a hot knife through butter, and so on and so on. Suddenly everything has been given more of a purpose outside of just being different animations and damage.
And screw you if you say shields dont beat ranged, if having a shield with better stats means you get through the melee without getting shot to death, then you generally win the round (so long as the team does the same). It isnt always about being able to kill them, but to reduce their impact on the game.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #228 on: October 09, 2017, 08:04:06 am »
+1
LOL I was thinking it would be like 100$ a month of NA1 and EU1 and the duel servers and i was ok with that lol

tbh I was under this impression as well. If we are agreeing to split the cost amongst willing parties then I suppose the actual question here is why are you taking one of my precious dollar menu days at McDonald's away from me! Bastards.

I agree thou need people to actually know how to balance rather than just throwing changes around like no tomorrow. Its always easier to tweak two specific classes to have a certain effect on each other but most don't think of how that will affect the rest of the game on a more global scale. If anything - no one person should be making all of these changes and it should be a mix of different people from different classes that can get along with one another or present workable data and discuss it with some form of civility. I also highly suggest presenting data to the public forum BEFORE releases to allow them to perhaps provide an unseen point of view rather than patching in something that could severely hinder player enjoyment.

at least that is what I recommend with my inexperience.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:15:57 am by Nightingale »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2017, 04:42:15 pm »
+6
In spirit (not in gameplay), it's much closer to cRPG.  :D

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2017, 08:19:15 pm »

i definitely agree with both of those points, and i do understand. maybe i should be more willing to play a shield class, i just make the suggestion from what i witnessed in the last two years of watching crpg pass away. i didnt play this mod in 2010 and 2011 so i didnt witness its birth, but i functioned as its autistic death caretaker.

simply what i noticed ever since spring of 2016 and on were server populations just diminishing when large amounts of ranged would come on. there is definitely some balancing that could make it less of an issue (making make the 0/1 difficulty shields actually do something other than protect a 6 square inch area around your chest, or making throwers not be able to mockingly kite you with throwing weps that do 1/5 of your hp or more per hit). i dont want to take away some person's chance to play the class they want to play, but it's still a game and games need as much balance as possible ya know

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2017, 08:22:06 pm »
+5
What is dead, may never die.

So many great years of memories with c-rpg.  No other game has come close to the awesomeness that was 50vs50 (or more) battles.  Or even a few epic strat battles of 50v50 or more on flat open ground.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2017, 12:31:59 am »
+1

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn’t he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God. I can almost see your pathetic 30 year old virgin frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little autism joke up. Oh, and we all know the joke; all cRPG players are fat autistic retards. Absolutely HILARIOUS, isn’t it? Real side-splitting humor. I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on the cRPG forums posting shitty, unfunny, overdone jokes. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a fucking sideshow retard who will never amount to ANYTHING. A pathetic, unfunny mongoloid. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “LOL MY AUTISM METER IS DETECTING LEVELS OF AUTISM THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE.” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2017, 12:34:16 am »
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn’t he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God. I can almost see your pathetic 30 year old virgin frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little autism joke up. Oh, and we all know the joke; all cRPG players are fat autistic retards. Absolutely HILARIOUS, isn’t it? Real side-splitting humor. I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on the cRPG forums posting shitty, unfunny, overdone jokes. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a fucking sideshow retard who will never amount to ANYTHING. A pathetic, unfunny mongoloid. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “LOL MY AUTISM METER IS DETECTING LEVELS OF AUTISM THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE.” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:40:44 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2017, 03:58:56 am »
+1
that was a surprisingly poetic rip, I feel enriched for having read it.

On a side note I go to school with an autistic kid who actually is preparing to lock himself in his room and drink mountain dew gamer fuel while sustaining him self with taco bell for a week, its weird to see, what I thought were meme's, seep into the real world. Its like there is some dimensional rift blurring the lines between the digital world and the real one.  Neo are you listening?
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2017, 04:34:42 am »
+5
Just re-downloaded crpg because I had an itch. Saw there were no NA servers, was confused, read beginning of thread and had hope. Continued to read the thread and halfway through I was horrified at the mod being dead forever. However, I kept reading and saw that the mod is still dead but a live in spirit! Overall, same scene that's been going on for a few years! Good to see.

Thanks for always being there to support the mod James!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:42:04 am by Jarold »

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2017, 10:40:53 am »
let's do it together :c

Yes bro  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: I hope it still can be back

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2017, 01:05:42 pm »
+9
chadz and Professor think they have fixed the compiler to allow us to add in new items. We will be testing that in the next few days hopefully.

If we are able to patch successfully we will put up new NA servers shortly after.

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2017, 08:26:40 pm »
+1
that was a surprisingly poetic rip, I feel enriched for having read it.

On a side note I go to school with an autistic kid who actually is preparing to lock himself in his room and drink mountain dew gamer fuel while sustaining him self with taco bell for a week, its weird to see, what I thought were meme's, seep into the real world. Its like there is some dimensional rift blurring the lines between the digital world and the real one.  Neo are you listening?

How about you leave him the fuck alone, retard? It's none of your fucking business, you fucking asshole. What makes you feel so superior to him? I bet he fucks more chicks than you and has more money. Bro I bet you can't even afford a week's worth of gamer fuel & taco bell. Just fucking lay off. What difference does it make to you what my plans for the week are?

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2017, 09:38:19 pm »
woah woah woah, no need to go off all half cocked on me like you jack hammer your dick every night, give it a break sunny boy stop trying to light a fire with your masturbation, the chafing is a bad thing.  I for one get along with the autistic kid, he has more emotional intelligence in his right pinky than you do in your whole fucking peanut brain.

What difference does it make to you what my plans for the week are?
for that to happen you would actually have to have plans besides trying to gobble your own cock, maybe if you actually did anything that wasn't worthless, your life would matter.
The anecdote of when my autistic friend got his teeth pulled, drank a screwdriver, and then went and smoked some weed with his homeless friend all while recovering from the anesthesia is a far superior life experience to anything you have EVER done. how long did you milk your last cold you little pussy, asking your mom from more chicken soup when she is just trying to build up the courage to kick your 40 year old ass out of the house.  You need to unglue that sex toy from your gaming controller and fucking go get a job you shitless mouth breather.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut