Author Topic: Rules update, guidelines for admins  (Read 10143 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Re: Rules update, guidelines for admins
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2017, 03:40:54 am »
+1
Why is it that you act so respectful when you are defending racism but can't manage it at other times? If you acted like this post reads we wouldn't have to draw lines in the first place. Sad...

Part 1

Horns, I respect your thoughts on it.  But I think you miss a lot of folks view on the matter.  They are not wanting to defend racism.  They want to defend the right to free chat.  Because as mentioned many times, folks have been banned just because an admin wants to find fault.  Folks have been banned for saying someone is ugly.  An Admin just has to say... that's hate speech and ban someone.  That's crazy!

Many of us are worried that Admins aren't policed.  Each admin can act on their own will without consequence.  Or at least that's how it seems.

And while I'm sure that if someone is banned for a ridiculous reason (like saying someone is ugly)... I'm sure they can simply make a post and be unbanned.  But will that admin be reprimanded in any way?  I think most of us think "no".

So for me... the way to avoid these poor judgement calls (over chat) by admins... is to totally free up chat!  But that's just my opinion... and I certainly respect the rules laid out.

Part 2

But on to your point on why I don't act so respectful all the time (only when I'm defending racism).  Just because I defend folks right to say racist things... why do you assume I'm so dis-respectful in-game.  I have never been banned.  I may make the odd joke.  But I've never tried to push things too far.

I have a my own sense of humor (as each person does).  I find a lot of dark things comical.  Does that make me a dis-respectful person?  I don't know.  Maybe.  But is Blazing Saddles dis-respectful?  Is Django Unchained dis-respectful?  Just because one can find racist themes funny... doesn't mean they are a dis-respectful person.  I'd never call an actual black person a derogatory term.  Nor would I say to a handicap person a derogatory term.  But I can find the humor in a joke that may be about black people or the handicap.  Is that wrong... maybe?  But if so... we'd not have any comedians in our society.  To me... political correctness is not a good thing.  It seems that nearly all comics agree.  Why do I bring up comedians?  Well, because I like to laugh.  And who know more about laughter than comedians.  If they think political correctness a negative to humor... well they should know.  With that said... attacking a person is wrong.  I certainly agree with that.  But making a politically in-correct statement is not wrong to me.

Of course... that's just my opinion.  Which I certainly know only goes so far.  You devs make the rules... and I truly respect that.  As I also respect all ya'lls hard work.  And I believe I respect others opinions.  But respecting someone doesn't mean you agree with them.  I don't think you are dis-respecting me just because you dis-agree with me.  Why would you think I dis-respec a group of people (maybe a race) just because I like to laugh and hear (and say) crazy funny things.  I understand that some folks don't find it funny.  But I also understand that many folks do find it funny.  Who's right?  Hell I don't know.  But respect and being in agreement are two different matters.  At least to me.

Personally, I will always pick the side of more open-ness and freedom... even if I disagree with the matters at hand.

In the end... the rules are set.  I will be following them... or will gladly accept any punishment.  But as mentioned above... I do hope that folks can keep openly sharing their opinions here on the forums... as long as they stay civil.

And lastly... if this is said enough... I do appreciate you guys bring this mod back... and all your hard work involved.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2017, 03:42:16 am »
The forum mutes weren't intentional, for now it's a glitch in the system untill Dupre knows more for certain)) And those rules are in-game rules specifically, forum rules remain untouched.

Thanks Uther!  I do appreciate all the hard work!

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2017, 03:50:58 am »
+8
With this new line drawn in the sand, crpg population is sure to grow.

Can we still talk about killing Turks/kebabs and talk down to Greeks for not being responsible? That's a staple of this mod I personally could not live without.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:54:38 am by chesterotab »

▲ ▲
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Saxton

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos (nigger central), BRD (kesh sux my ass)
  • Game nicks: Saxton
  • IRC nick: Saxton
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2017, 04:32:35 am »
Can we all accept that my profile signature is superior to all of yours.

I mean, cmon, letzbhonest.
I guess I haven't made enough of an impression this strat.  Feel like the fat girl at the homecoming dance.  No one wants to dance! I'm also a raging friend

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 07:57:33 am »
+5
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2017, 08:18:38 am »
+5
Mallets!  Dude.  I enjoy reading your posts,  but godamnit. Dont use as many "...",  you arent a crazy blushing japanese schoolgirl after all...  or are you?  "semi boner activated"
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline SyderOne

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ISLAMIC STATE
  • Game nicks: Syder // Azzam
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2017, 08:51:55 am »
+1
Hello........whats.....................going.................on?

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2017, 09:04:27 am »
+2
Mallets!  Dude.  I enjoy reading your posts,  but godamnit. Dont use as many "...",  you arent a crazy blushing japanese schoolgirl after all...  or are you?  "semi boner activated"

or even better

(click to show/hide)

Offline Simon.

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2017, 09:50:14 am »
for every certain amount of active players we should elect people who write the rules

give us representation

no more police state

elect me to represent you in the 1st congress and defend your right to free speech

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2017, 01:45:23 pm »
+2
for every certain amount of active players we should elect people who write the rules

give us representation

no more police state

elect me to represent you in the 1st congress and defend your right to free speech

I'm sorry simon but if we're electing any type of representative we need crpg's official attorney, Penitent.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2017, 03:17:27 pm »
+2

Hahahaha!  Yeah, I hate commas.  But need to use them more instead of the ellipses (...).  I don't use the ellipses properly, I know.

Dammit!  Had to erase my ellipses in the sentence above between properly and I to add a comma.  Feels so wrong!

And it's the summer, so currently I'm not a schoolgirl...    :P

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2017, 07:01:27 pm »
+5
(namely NA because that is what is active lol)

Which makes it even weirder that you're still actually trying with this shit.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2017, 07:06:05 pm »
+4
Mallets confirmed visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2017, 09:09:40 pm »
+18
You caught me!

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2017, 11:56:10 am »
+5
Holy shit mate, I was just about to warn Mallets about his "..." per post ratio getting dangerously close to RasFrenzy's.
I always knew kangaroos can do telepathy.