Author Topic: cRPG for Bannerlord, any plans?  (Read 6470 times)

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
Re: cRPG for Bannerlord, any plans?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 12:27:09 am »
Whether or not the new devs are as skilled as the old doesn't matter much, because if bannerlord ever comes out, its supposed to be very mod-friendly. To what extent, who knows, but I don't remember that really being a selling point for warband as it is for their new project. Of course bannerlord has to actually be released before crpg 2 can ever be made anyways, which is probably less likely to happen than a crpg sequel mod being made.

probably will utilize module system
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 01:11:26 am »
+1
I want "archery damage calculation" to become a meme and replace the "rocket science' one.
hahhaa over so many years it was such a fucking glorious topic :) no, speed bonus works like that :!: bla....bla...bla... no reduce the accuracy :!: bla...bla..bla nerf fucking PD threshold  :!: poor balancers did what they can in code line and the pewpew still were going full tard  :mrgreen:

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 01:52:40 am »
+3
More than anything... I'd just like to see this demented community say together.  Whatever mods are out there... I hope to see a large number of the die-hard cRPG crew on the battlefield.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 08:33:27 pm »
+1
Lol, was that before or after OKaM?

Before.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 07:47:58 am »
+1
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 08:31:59 am »
+8
If the Mod system allows it, there will be something like cRPG in bonerlord. The original achievement of chadz was to show that it is possible to have persistant chars, like the egg of Columbus or something. After that several teams with the right work ethic can pull it off. However if they need something like the Bannerlord Script Enhancer(BSE :!:) to pull it off, then you would need a weather-hardened Somali captain like cmp to go jacksparrow on the code and those might be rare.

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 08:50:02 am »
+3
If there will be a Bannerlord Crpg,  Iwill 100% join.

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 12:07:18 pm »
+2
Appart form the coding, there will have to be 3D models and artists, otherwise it will be standard native but with a character rpg twist to it. Crpg without a danish greatsword or a heavy kuyak isint just the same. I think some of the models are ready for bannerlord standards, in terms of texture and polys. Sadly i wont be able to take part in this :(

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 05:32:54 pm »
+1
Hopefully Bannerlord will feature a multiplayer that is based around the progression (horizontal or vertical) of a customized character (like CRPG) and not the lame faction thing they did in Warband.

That would make it so a mod like CRPG wasn't as vital to having decent gameplay.

Then CRPG 2.0, if someone wanted to create it, could be more about just tweaks and additional items and gamemodes etc.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 05:36:10 pm »
+1
I wish they would just have strategus for Bannerlord.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 05:39:26 pm »
+5
I wish they would make Bannerlord into a partial loot open world pvp mmo. 😀
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 05:58:54 pm »
+10
I wish they would just make Bannerlord.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 06:01:09 pm »
+7
I wish they would make Bannerlord.

Upd: dammit Jona!

Offline Horns

• Count
  • Renown: 207
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I am that horns guy.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Horns
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 06:11:15 pm »
+2
Hopefully Bannerlord will feature a multiplayer that is based around the progression (horizontal or vertical) of a customized character (like CRPG) and not the lame faction thing they did in Warband.

That would make it so a mod like CRPG wasn't as vital to having decent gameplay.

Then CRPG 2.0, if someone wanted to create it, could be more about just tweaks and additional items and gamemodes etc.

They will never do that. In order to have the character system we have they would have to host their own databases to store everyone's characters as well as host their own servers to avoid people duping exp and any other in game materials. All of that creates maintenance cost that they have never had before both to host the machines as well as paying someone to tend to these machines and make sure multiplayer is playable. Considering Taleworlds hasn't mentioned anything about multiplayer other than bannerlord will have it really kinda puts into perspective the shits they give about multiplayer in general.

In light of that happy note I will say that there are rumors that modding will be much easier. Which means we can do a lot cooler stuff on our end as modders. My hopes for bannerlord are: the ability to ditch the website and do everything in game, add the customizable weapons feature to the cRPG remake so people can make their own weapons and armors, make strat great again (and less clunky), and finally make as much as I can open source so other modders can add a multiplayer leveling system to their mod.

Offline Davic

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Semenstorm, Medieval Carriage Club
  • Game nicks: Davic, Gayvic, Cavic, Xavic, Maulvic
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 06:42:55 pm »
They will never do that. In order to have the character system we have they would have to host their own databases to store everyone's characters as well as host their own servers to avoid people duping exp and any other in game materials. All of that creates maintenance cost that they have never had before both to host the machines as well as paying someone to tend to these machines and make sure multiplayer is playable. Considering Taleworlds hasn't mentioned anything about multiplayer other than bannerlord will have it really kinda puts into perspective the shits they give about multiplayer in general.

In light of that happy note I will say that there are rumors that modding will be much easier. Which means we can do a lot cooler stuff on our end as modders. My hopes for bannerlord are: the ability to ditch the website and do everything in game, add the customizable weapons feature to the cRPG remake so people can make their own weapons and armors, make strat great again (and less clunky), and finally make as much as I can open source so other modders can add a multiplayer leveling system to their mod.

Lately we've seen Taleworlds show interest in Mount and Blade esports, probably because esports are so popular right now and they realize supporting that community can potentially be very profitable. I doubt they'll do anything crazy like cRPG, but I expect we'll see a much more professional and modern multiplayer system.