Author Topic: how 2 protect urself from horse archers (ez steps)  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
how 2 protect urself from horse archers (ez steps)
« on: June 22, 2017, 02:53:53 am »
+14
I decided to break from years of tradition and write an actually serious guide.

1. u can't
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
Re: how 2 protect urself from horse archers (ez steps)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 09:12:59 am »
+3
- hide in cover and ask a fellow ranged to shoot him down
or
- become ranged and kill him
or
- use a shield
or
- ignore him and dodge his attacks because he´s barely hitting you and if he hits, the damage is minimal anyways

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 11:55:12 am »
+7
- hide in cover and ask a fellow ranged to shoot him down
or
- become ranged and kill him
or
- use a shield
or
- ignore him and dodge his attacks because he´s barely hitting you and if he hits, the damage is minimal anyways

dont forget to constantly insult him in chat.  End Ziel ist,  to make him suicide irl. Ja?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 05:31:56 pm »
+2
1. hide in cover and ask a fellow ranged to shoot him down
or
2. become ranged and kill him
or
3. use a shield
or
4. ignore him and dodge his attacks because he´s barely hitting you and if he hits, the damage is minimal anyways

1. That requires relying on a fellow my old friendcher... pass
2. That requires becoming a fellow my old friendcher... hard pass
3. Overrated tbh when they can just bump you
4. Gl dodging an arabian horse with 10 riding skill. Minimal damage still adds up to a more significant amount than the zero damage you're doing to them.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:02 pm »
+12
5. Cry on the forums about how bad horse archery is and how its killing the game until its nerfed into oblivion and left completely unplayable

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ikarus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 09:14:33 am »
1. That requires relying on a fellow my old friendcher... pass
2. That requires becoming a fellow my old friendcher... hard pass
3. Overrated tbh when they can just bump you
4. Gl dodging an arabian horse with 10 riding skill. Minimal damage still adds up to a more significant amount than the zero damage you're doing to them.

if they got a light horse, they won´t survive more than a few bumps until their horse goes down (as long as you keep hitting it when it comes close), if they got a fattie horse it´s easy to dodge, either way get a pole then, shield is not overrated, it´s damn useful
have more faith in my old friendchers in your team, some of them do have a brain after all and can help you if you want them to help you
also, you don´t have to become my old friendcher, you could also just add a couple of points to throwing, if they want to hit you they have to come close anyways cause their accuracy is shit and once people get hit by HA they get super dodgy. Looking at the current builds which are around atm, you probably can even kill a HA easily with a couple of +3 stones if you´re into that
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:21:04 am by Ikarus »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 04:21:54 pm »
+2
if they got a light horse, they won´t survive more than a few bumps until their horse goes down (as long as you keep hitting it when it comes close), if they got a fattie horse it´s easy to dodge, either way get a pole then, shield is not overrated, it´s damn useful
have more faith in my old friendchers in your team, some of them do have a brain after all and can help you if you want them to help you
also, you don´t have to become my old friendcher, you could also just add a couple of points to throwing, if they want to hit you they have to come close anyways cause their accuracy is shit and once people get hit by HA they get super dodgy. Looking at the current builds which are around atm, you probably can even kill a HA easily with a couple of +3 stones if you´re into that

Something tells me that you've only played with the EU plebs and never met an NA HA intent on killing the server. They get right up in your face, but just barely out of your lance range and slow down to a near-stop. You've got a bow pointed at your face and your shield is up. What do? Try and stab -> your shield lowers and you get shot. Hold shield -> they use their infinite amounts of riding to instantly accelerate and run you down, then shoot you when you're on the ground. Rinse and repeat until all infantry scrubs are killed, alt tab to complain online, break their computers, or kill themselves irl. There is no winning this fight unless you yourself become the cancer.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 05:17:11 pm »
5. Cry on the forums about how bad horse archery is and how its killing the game until its nerfed into oblivion and left completely unplayable

(click to show/hide)

Aaaaaand the revival of Crpg is the same as the original.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Offline Ikarus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 05:20:41 pm »
Something tells me that you've only played with the EU plebs

I do visit NA from time to time, I even happen to have a screenshot from a game yesterday

(click to show/hide)

I don´t think that there´s a huge difference in skill between EU and NA servers, we also got really good/annoying HAs here, you just have to go with the time I guess. I used to play a lot with a lancecav/2h hybrid but that wouldn´t work well anymore nowadays because of all the ranged. Since there´s quite some ranged/throwing/cav going on lately I switched to 1h shield/pole and it amazing how well I can counter them.

There is no winning this fight unless you yourself become the cancer.

If you want to hunt down horsearchers I´m afraid you´ll have to try an archer, xbow or throwing build because HA can only be countered that way. If you still want to stick to a non-cancer melee class, you could try a 1h shield/throwing hybrid. HAs with light horses will have a bad time near you and if they got heavy horses (and if I´m not mistaken), throwing lances count as a pole weapon in melee mode -> instantly stops any cav when you stab it

HAs were one of the main reasons why I made CrossbowBimbo and it´s always damn satisfying when I make a HA fall from his horse and slide into my killhungry team, it´s like throwing a bone into a pack of hungry dogs

tl;dr if you want to efficiently hunt down HAs you have to embrace the cancer
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:30:15 pm by Ikarus »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 06:06:45 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Well I was talking about playing against scrubby EU HAs and not being online against any of the really good NA ones, but sure, post your screenshots of your top tier kdr using an xbow so the ping disadvantage barely matters. Anyways I think it's safe to say that you've since lost this here disagreement seeing you had to resort to posting scoreboard pics first. GG wp.  :wink:

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 06:24:06 pm »
Well I was talking about playing against scrubby EU HAs and not being online against any of the really good NA ones, but sure, post your screenshots of your top tier kdr using an xbow so the ping disadvantage barely matters. Anyways I think it's safe to say that you've since lost this here disagreement seeing you had to resort to posting scoreboard pics first. GG wp.  :wink:
pfft I can run circles around HA on my rock thrower and only get hit rarely.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 06:40:21 pm »
When i play lance cav using the heraldic barded war horse and a heavy lance, horse archers just seem like food. Either sneaky cav ambush them for the 1 shot kill, or simply chase them down. 1 or 2 stabs for the kill and they have to land a few full speed-bonus arrows just to kill my horse.

Wasn't there some patch that made horses artificially slower if you had a bow out or was that reverted? I ask because it seems like I ride them all down with 6 riding skill and the barded without much trouble.

▲ ▲

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 06:44:21 pm »
+2
you could wear plate

if you are a gargantuan fucking behemoth that has to the str to wear it that is.

oh wait, then youd just be slow and easy to shoot.

NVM.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 07:03:02 pm »
I have 30 strength and still manage 6 athletics it ain't so bad. Horse archery is nerfed to hell atm does hardly any damage.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 10:51:24 pm »
+1
horse archer does damage and that damage adds up over time when they can sit and pepper you without any way to counter it

the fact that they use shitdick bows with 3 quivers of arrows while riding on seabiscuit makes it impossible for any meleer to stop him

if you have a shield, the HA will either bumpshoot or wait until youre in a melee engagement to shoot you in the back, where they then stun you (with their trash tier bow thru heavy plate), getting you killed

horse archery should absolutely suck massive fat cock against armor

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.