Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017  (Read 28826 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017
« Reply #225 on: August 09, 2017, 04:42:30 am »
If she doesn't betray Jon in some way, I'll be very surprised.

Seeing how GoT prides itself on doing stuff that "people never see coming," and that everyone here seems to suspect that she is going to betray Jon, then wouldn't it be more likely that they go the simple route of having her remain faithful by supporting Jon and co.?

:thinking:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #226 on: August 09, 2017, 05:39:37 am »
As would I. The only way for her to be relevant at this stage is to betray her family. There's nothing she can do to their actual enemies.

Pretty much. She was smiling up a storm watching the vale come in to save the day in the battle of the bastards. She expected a win for her. She's going to betray Jon somehow. Maybe she was going to then decided not to but will when Jon and Dany plan to get married or show some joining of the houses. Or when people find out he's a targaryen as well.

Or maybe somehow get control of the vale from litlefinger so she doesnt need to be queen of winterfell but of the vale to keep their alliance.

Like marry him and shove him through the moon door? Isn't the little twerp from the vale still alive tho? He's so forgettable I don't remember if littlefinger still has him alive somewhere. I remember he was training somewhere even tho he sucked at it.

Seeing how GoT prides itself on doing stuff that "people never see coming," and that everyone here seems to suspect that she is going to betray Jon, then wouldn't it be more likely that they go the simple route of having her remain faithful by supporting Jon and co.?

Nah it'll be how she betrays him or the starks in general that'll be the surprise. Like siding with littlefinger then taking control of the army of the vale and using drama (like the targaryen thing) to drive a wedge in the bannermen's loyalty to Jon(which wont really be surprising but hey if she kills arya or attempts to in the process that might be surprising even with the lack of love between them). But tbh there's only so many episodes left. Whether she is going to betray him or not, there's not a lot of time to do it in unless season 8 is 2 hour long episodes.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #227 on: August 09, 2017, 07:04:25 am »
Sigefrid loses right hand replaces it with useful arm sword.
How is that useful? You can't fight with an "arm sword". Not if your enemy has an actual weapon.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2017, 07:12:43 am »
How is that useful? You can't fight with an "arm sword". Not if your enemy has an actual weapon.
I  imagine if you are predominantly right handed you could make it work more than a golden fist. I mean the golden hand signifies they have the funds to find something that works to his advantage other than a golden fist?>
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2017, 08:16:42 am »
I  imagine if you are predominantly right handed you could make it work more than a golden fist. I mean the golden hand signifies they have the funds to find something that works to his advantage other than a golden fist?>
You can make it work in some cases, but why bother if you can have an actual sword in your left? Its far more effective.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2017, 08:55:53 am »

See they know that we know that they always do the unexpected. So we expect them to do the unexpected and that is Sansa not betraying Jon even though it SEEMS like she will. THEREFORE the true unsuspected thing is ACTUALLY having Sansa betray Jon.

Chaos is a ladder Jona. If you play the game play to win or you will lose. Imagine every possibility and you will never be taken surprise

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2017, 08:58:00 am »
You can make it work in some cases, but why bother if you can have an actual sword in your left? Its far more effective.

you could also just strap a shield onto your handless arm too and that would be a lot more useful than a sword hand or a gold hand

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 09, 2017, 10:36:45 am »
+1
you could also just strap a shield onto your handless arm too and that would be a lot more useful than a sword hand or a gold hand
In a battle shield would be useful, yes, but one doesn't exclude the other, you could just as well strap a shield on your golden hand, so that you still have something there when you don't need a shield.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 09, 2017, 05:36:19 pm »
why not sword arm and and a sword in left hand too? Some of the horse rapists were duel wielding those retarded looking scimitar swords they use so I imagine Jaime being a master swordsman could as well.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2017, 08:10:14 pm »
+2
why not sword arm and and a sword in left hand too? Some of the horse rapists were duel wielding those retarded looking scimitar swords they use so I imagine Jaime being a master swordsman could as well.
Because Jaime can't ride as well as the dothraki who live in a saddle, also because dual wielding on horseback is a stupid idea regardless, and because arm-sword would be fucking useless when you have no wrist movements, I mean come on mate.
You should ask why didn't Jaime attach a giant dildo to his arm for the affairs with Cercei, while you're at it.

And btw, what exactly is retarded about the dothraki swords?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #235 on: August 09, 2017, 08:16:31 pm »
+1
I mean if we are listening to Euron maybe he only needs a finger on his right arm

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2017, 08:27:20 pm »
+2
I mean if we are listening to Euron maybe he only needs a finger on his right arm

Awfully hard to give a reach around without a wrist, though.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2017, 08:31:05 pm »
Awfully hard to give a reach around without a wrist, though.

Valid point. Some kind of articulating extendo finger

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2017, 08:40:35 pm »

Well they don't look like swords that western knights used!!!

Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2017, 08:44:48 pm »
Because Jaime can't ride as well as the dothraki who live in a saddle, also because dual wielding on horseback is a stupid idea regardless, and because arm-sword would be fucking useless when you have no wrist movements, I mean come on mate.
You should ask why didn't Jaime attach a giant dildo to his arm for the affairs with Cercei, while you're at it.

Like Tristan said then, strap a shield too it maybe one with an edge to it. Or have the arm sword with a buckler strapped to forearm so he could block and use the sword arm for stabbing.
Now that you mentioned it why didn't he strap a dildon on it for nighttime Cersai panty raids?

As far as the dothroki swords that's just my opinion mate. Is one not allowed to have differing opinions where you are from?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:59:56 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM