Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017  (Read 28595 times)

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
Re: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2017, 04:56:34 am »
+2
I rate tonight episode 10/10 :wink:

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2017, 04:58:13 am »
+5
(click to show/hide)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2017, 09:54:17 am »
+1
Cersei somehow made it in the top 3 characters for me. She became so clever out of nowhere.

Also will Howland Reed ever arrive in the show?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2017, 11:37:52 am »
They essentially destroyed Jon Snows character, at the start of the battle and during they had him completely act out of character. He lost his shit and charged his soldiers into a death trap just because he saw his long lost Brother shot by an arrow. That completely goes against Jon's character and how he managed to survive and thrive for so long, he has always been smart and in control of his anger, I fail to believe seeing his brother get shot by an arrow would make him sacrifice himself and all the men following him, it's completely against his character. They also had the giant act like a fucking retard, like he couldn't have just fucking trampled through that line, it would have been like Brock Lesnar charging through a crowd of Toddlers.
Ikr... so stupid.
Only explanation I could come up with, pulled like tree resin but out of my arse tbh, is that he thought at that point that everyone else of his 'siblings' is dead now. *shrugs*
Stupid no matter what...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
Wow, that was an impressive episode.

1) Sansa and Daenerys were both much less annoying than before and more like they're supposed to be.
2) They learned how to CGI a battlefield to look like more than 10 men fighting.
3) Unsullied actually looked competent for once.

Minus: the way Daenerys is throwing away her advantage is... conceited. Realistically, it'd be impossible for all of this to happen, if the commanders weren't the dumbest and most incompetent ever, and they're not written to be.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:54:27 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2017, 05:41:16 pm »
+1
So I guess Tywin Lannister set a precedent for riding a horse into the throne room so it is now ok that Euron did.
How can Daeneris not believe what Jon Snow was telling them about the Night King and his army of undead especially when she herself said that things are changing she has dragons which have not been seen for awhile in the world? She has dragons why would she be in disbelief of the others?
I mean come on she has the fastest and safest means of travel to fly over the north and see for herself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They are stripping away all the stuff I found cool about Jon Snow from the books-  the Ravens gone and seems not to be coming back, ghosts been MIA for how many episodes/seasons now? They have Jon eating dirt because a dragon flew over him, a dragon he already knew about. He has seen Giants riding mammoths, white walkers, wights and the nights king, wargs and lived to tell about it all. Sure he should have had a reaction but not a scared in the dirt one.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:15:42 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2017, 06:10:43 pm »
+1
So I guess Tywin Lannister set a precedent for riding a horse into the throne room so it is now ok that Euron did.
How can Daeneris not believe what Jon Snow was telling them about the Night King and his army of undead especially when she herself said that things are changing she has dragons which have not been seen for awhile in the world? She has dragons why would she be in disbelief of the others?
I mean come on she has the fastest and safest means of travel to fly over the north and see for herself.

i got same reaction, wtf this guy enter with his horse into throne room  :shock:
and i started to wich the horse poop in middle of the room =p

and about daeneris, i was like dafuk you have dragons wich are suposed to be an extinct species and you cant believe about the army of undead...
she rly acted like a jerk with snow... i havent read books but i have the feeling than snow and daeneris will finish together in a bed =)

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2017, 09:19:53 pm »
+1
When I take a step back, several things are weird :

- how couldn't the rest of DT's fleet could get ambushed in plain daylight without them knowing or anything.
- looking at the westeros map, how could the "new" ironborn fleet get to king's landing, then back to casterly rock (literally at the opposite side of westeros) in time to destroy a fleet that came from Dragonstone (supposedly ?) but left much earlier ?
- the braavosi Iron Bank is meant to despise slavery, yet they seem to refer to it as a business of theirs ?? perhaps they're simply luring Cersei in a trap or something, maybe they'll finance Daenerys' invasion, which wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen in the show.
- how could the entire reach army be defeated when in the lore, it is one of the most powerful in terms of numbers (not affected by any recent war), they were also sitting on a castle as far as I remember.
- how can the lannister army be powerful enough to wipe the reachmen after fighting the North, the Riverlands, and some other foes ?
- why didn't tyrion use the dragons to take military bastions ? (not like casterly rock is filled with civilians as far as I recall)

I also want to see Ser Davos some more, this guy is a legend.

"Here's is Daenerys Targaryen, yada yada yada yada."

"Well, here's Jon Snow, king in the North".
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:23:36 pm by Algarn »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2017, 09:52:17 pm »
- how can the lannister army be powerful enough to wipe the reachmen after fighting the North, the Riverlands, and some other foes ?

While the simple answer to most of your questions is "the show runners are ignoring the books almost entirely at this point," this one is at least somewhat explained by the show. Randyll Tarly jumped ship and sided with the Lannisters instead of the Tyrells, hence strengthening the Lannister army while simultaneously weakening their enemy's. Exactly how large of a force he is supposed to command is unclear, but for this point at least the writers kind of covered their arses.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:44:16 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2017, 10:39:47 pm »
+1
I sure hope that Mr GArrArrMartin doesn't try to pull a "I'm too old and tired to finish the books so I'm going to let the show be the books end."
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2017, 11:08:20 pm »
While the simple answer to most of your questions is "the show runners are ignoring the books almost entirely at this point," this one is at least somewhat explained by the show. Randyll Tarly jumped ship and sided with the Lannisters instead of the Tyrells, hence strengthening the Lannister army while simultaneously weakening their enemy's. Exactly how large of a force he is supposed to command is unclear, but for this point at least the writers kind of covered their arses.

Haven't read the books, so I can't tell. However, what I can tell, is that house Tarly is not supposed to be more than a minor house, even a supposedly great commander isn't worth an army. It still doesn't make sense that the Lannisters, who waged wars all over Westeros, still find themselves able to wipe the Reachmen like if they were nothing. I'm still betting on a hardfought and costly victory for Daenerys, with the death of Greyworm,  Mormont (he'll make it to the battle, I'm nearly sure), and one of her dragons at least.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2017, 11:39:19 pm »
I stopped searching for logic in the show for some time now. Just trying to enjoy it without asking questions. Did Daenerys passed by Dorne to Dragonstone then sent her Dornish allies back to Dorne? Who cares nowadays..

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »
+1

They are stripping away all the stuff I found cool about Jon Snow from the books-  the Ravens gone and seems not to be coming back, ghosts been MIA for how many episodes/seasons now? They have Jon eating dirt because a dragon flew over him, a dragon he already knew about. He has seen Giants riding mammoths, white walkers, wights and the nights king, wargs and lived to tell about it all. Sure he should have had a reaction but not a scared in the dirt one.
Dragons are completely different from magical undead people.

It's more like dinosaurs being alive 200 years ago and now being extinct. It wouldn't be magical or unbelievable that some dinosaurs are found to exist again if your great grandfather's generation had them.

And Jon ducked when a massive dragon flew over him from behind? Even though he'd........ heard about a dragon existing? What a pussy. I bet you'd just stand there like a cool guy if you found yourself in the middle of an artillery strike because you know they exist. Or if a tiger leaped at you and you saw it in your peripheral vision. I mean, you've heard about that shit, after all. You would probably act like an ice cold killer in the more direct analogy of the situation too: if you'd heard that a T-rex has been brought to life and one suddenly barreled at you full speed from behind.

- how couldn't the rest of DT's fleet could get ambushed in plain daylight without them knowing or anything.

None of the armies in GoT believe in scouts or reconnaissance. They all get surprised by fleets, other armies, etc.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2017, 12:01:35 am »
+1
He did way more than duck he was flat on the ground. And I never said he should have been with out reaction..

Anyhow here is a leaked s7e6 plot spoiler for you
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:11:28 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2017, 03:43:21 am »
Jesus the show has taken a real fall with the new season. There's only a handful of good scenes, they must've changes their editor for MS Powerpoint. No budget for CGI backdrops. Actors are now running the show, the director was probably fired. Halfassed lines and lisps are left in. The third episode is carried by Onion.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.