Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017  (Read 28768 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017
« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2017, 06:28:33 pm »
how come the dwarf looked so grumpy about the boatsex?  Was he really just being the hand to try to get in her panties? 

What really happened in the meeting between Tyerion and Cersi?  I bet it was like "sis I'ma tap that dragon queen ass then be back to the Lanisters side"  now hes all, damn gotta kill the king of the north.
He betrayed Daenerys. That's why he was grumpy. Told Cersei to lie to her about what she'll do. He cares about his family too much after all.

Also I think it's a hilarious decision to have all this door staring. Littlefinger staring at the door after Arya leaves his room, now Tyrion just standing there being grumpy for an extended period of time (from Jon entering to him and Daenerys being in full hide the sausage mode).
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2017, 06:30:52 pm »
+1
Only thing that kept that episode good was Cersei being Cersei and planning on letting them fight it out. I never would have believed her saying she'd actually help. Although I did expect her to send a small group to keep up the facade/spy for her or to have them use wildfire or something to fuck up both the white walkers and Dany/Jon's forces.

Ayra/Sansa feud just to have the audience thinking they'd go against each other but then they kill Littlefinger instead without showing any reason for it. Awful.. yeah it was probably sansa figuring it out with bran's help but nothing to illustrate that before the scene occurred. Then they make up with no problems. Just.. bad. Wouldn't have taken much to try and give more than arya giving sansa the knife in the previous episode to give the possibility they'll work together to try and fuel theories for both sides. Wouldn't have cared as much if they hadn't spent so much time on it to try and "scare" the audience into thinking they'd kill each other.

As for tyrion being all weird when Jon went into Dany's room, that was probably because he still has feelings for her. He showed some feelings for her when he became her hand and she was talking about going to westeros.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2017, 07:15:20 pm »
+1
Ayra/Sansa feud just to have the audience thinking they'd go against each other but then they kill Littlefinger instead without showing any reason for it. Awful.. yeah it was probably sansa figuring it out with bran's help but nothing to illustrate that before the scene occurred. Then they make up with no problems. Just.. bad. Wouldn't have taken much to try and give more than arya giving sansa the knife in the previous episode to give the possibility they'll work together to try and fuel theories for both sides. Wouldn't have cared as much if they hadn't spent so much time on it to try and "scare" the audience into thinking they'd kill each other.
Exactly, it was just a bunch of retarded filler scenes done for no reason other than to keep the audience "scared."
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2017, 07:50:44 pm »
You guys should stop watching. It seems like you really don't like it  :lol:

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2017, 08:38:57 pm »
Too much time already invested in it too just stop. Same with TWD can't stand most of that show either but need to see how it ends regardless so I keep watching.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 28, 2017, 09:07:57 pm »
Weird if I don't enjoy something I don't watch it.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2017, 09:30:00 pm »
I liked the first 4-5 seasons and parts of 6, so I am supposed to stop now with an unfinished story?
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2017, 09:35:40 pm »
I can't say for you specifically but people here seem to bitch about everything. I would think not watching would be more enjoyable than watching something that you appear to hate.

As someone that thoroughly enjoys the show it seems to me that you guys are looking to hate the show. I can't honestly understand how you guys complain about such small stuff.

Perhaps the ability to suspend your disbelief is required for a fantasy show.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2017, 10:16:41 pm »
+2
I still enjoy the show, but there is a lot to criticize, you really can't deny that. With so little time left it was awful of them to actually introduce a whole new plot in Winterfell just to kill off Baelish. Sansa should have figured it out without Bran or Arya and it'd have been done within an episode or two, leaving more time for the citadel, the tarlies, Varys, or Melisandre for example. The magnificent seven needed more screentime, too.

GRRM only giving major plotpoints is a big fucking problem for the show. It's not about the journey to these plotpoints anymore, it's just about the events themselves. And it's a tough thing to do, trying to get into the head of someone who probably has a clear vision of how it will turn out in the books.

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2017, 11:18:17 pm »
+1
Got my girlfriend into the show so I wound up binge watching the earlier seasons while watching this season on my own.

In the end, it seems like the show's decontructing of fantasy tropes ended up being endless, intricate noodling to set up fantasy tropes. Like 5 years of the first half of the monomyth lol

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 29, 2017, 01:08:11 am »
+1
You guys should stop watching. It seems like you really don't like it  :lol:

I have. Just checking highlights/TL;DR's.

Just waiting for that lazy asshole to finish up the books lol.

Yeah I bet George RR totally didn't intend for a battle between the living and the dead.

That's not the point. It's that it's so predictable at this point and so cliché. I feel atleast GRRM would put in a few shockers/plot twists.

There's 1 season left and then it's over. And it's obvious it'll lead to a big battle/s between the Mega Happy Alliance and the Evul White Walkers. And along the way/towards the end Cersei and Euron will probably betray the others and + include some of that incest shitty sex between Dragon Slut a.ka Daenerys and 12 year old Tumblr girls wet dream a.ka Jon Snow to please the shippers out there.

And by the way, some season ago Melisandre tried to fuck Jon but he said he couldn't because he still cares about Ygritte. Fast forward to the boat and he'll just rush into incest sex. Lol D&D logic...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:12:52 am by LordBerenger »

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 29, 2017, 01:16:18 am »
+2
So, how would white walkers get over the wall if there was not retarded expedition in previous episode? :rolleyes:

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 29, 2017, 01:29:52 am »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:45:56 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #448 on: August 29, 2017, 01:59:09 am »
+4
For me, the only redeemable things from the finale were that:

A) littlefinger at least went out in a believable manner... the man was so cunning and careful that the only way to catch him is to be some omnipresent being that can just watch him commit his various villainous acts. granted, the show wants us to believe that it was mostly sansa/arya's "clever plotting" during this entire season that led to it, i'd rather just believe that off-screen brann managed to convince all the lords of the north of his powers ("ask me a question about your past that i shouldn't know and ill give you the answer" - that sort of thing) and then had sansa call up that meeting to have arya end him.

B) jaime, who is probably the last main character i like, finally left cersei to do "what is right." it was a kind of a cliche decision at this point to have the only likable guy on the lannister side (apart from bronn, who for all we know may just pop up outa nowhere next season and tag along with him) team up with the heroes, but to be fair she has put him in shitty positions like this before and he's still stood by her side all this time. excited to see what he ends up accomplishing by joining the good guys seeing how he's not much of a fighter himself and apparently brought along no help.

C) cersei apparently deceiving tyrion is kinda cool i guess, since he's been noticeably slacking lately it would have been really weird if he somehow convinced the most evil person alive (who also hates him quite a bit) to join up with him and the other good guys. although, seeing how we don't know what even went down in that meeting we don't know if there were some secret terms that they agreed to that kinda make this a moot point.

D) lol i though there were more things on this list but i guess not. classic d&d writing just made everything so "basic."

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #449 on: August 29, 2017, 02:33:09 am »
So, how would white walkers get over the wall if there was not retarded expedition in previous episode? :rolleyes:

ItS DeSTiNy L0rDs MaKiNg