Author Topic: Tekken 7  (Read 10927 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Tekken 7
« on: May 16, 2017, 12:04:08 am »
+4

About 2 weeks left, anyone else hyped? Been waiting for god knows how long now, and its finally so close. Will probably get on both PC and PS4, but i think ill mainly play on PC. Its about time figthing games got a new solid 3d fighter, and its got so many things to make it hype for spectators as well as the players. It has really got potential to be fantastic.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:57:51 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Tekken 7
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:02:11 am »
Been playing SFV again lately myself. Got a nice fightpad on the way from the German amazon as well
(click to show/hide)

Genuinely interested on why you think this has the potential to be fantastic? While I like SFV's combat, capcom is a little shit and there's so many basic errors and features missing it makes me want to vomit.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 01:21:56 am »
Was actually gonna make this thread myself soon. But yeah I'm really fucking tempted to get it. It's either gonna be that or Rev2 which is 1 day before T7. Also supposedly new KOF is going to be coming out next month, oh vey steam community gonna be so split. I've only played TT2 and a little bit of DOA5 so I'm trash at 3d.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 04:54:12 am »
Been playing SFV again lately myself. Got a nice fightpad on the way from the German amazon as well
(click to show/hide)

Genuinely interested on why you think this has the potential to be fantastic? While I like SFV's combat, capcom is a little shit and there's so many basic errors and features missing it makes me want to vomit.

It comes down to how well they pull off tutorials to catch new players. Other than that there have been some changes to make the game slightly easier (its still hard as fuck though), its visually appealing imho and they made many gameplay improvements. Things like counter hits making a very noticeable visual cue not only makes the game look more appealing but also helps scrubs like me a lot to pick up stuff like that easier.
I never like the rage system since they added it in tekken 6, but 7 seems to have made it a proper mechanic not just a bonus dmg on low health. Now the moment you drop low enough for rage to trigger there is instantly the threat of a rage art comeback (basically a super from SF) or a rage drive which is an enhanced version of a certain move which basically makes it have insane frame advantages. Both spend the rage but its a very interesting comeback mechanic.

And of course the added slow motion is probably the most genius addition ive seen to anything ever. Its the most hype thing ever for players and spectators.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 08:57:07 am »
visual cue for counter hits :O

No cross platform play though?  :?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:30:18 am by Vibe »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:47:02 am »
No cross platform, reason that's been given so far is that either Microsoft or Sony is responsible for it. Guess one of them thought it would fuck up their sales for either PS4 or Xbone. But xbox gonna have the fewest players based on how less that console has sold compared to PS4. PS4 > PC > Xbone. Though over time I think PC will be a bit stronger in terms of players compared to the others, at least for Europe, NA and Asia always stick to their consoles.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 01:30:10 pm »
visual cue for counter hits :O

No cross platform play though?  :?

The counter hit visual cue might only be on traded hits now that i think about it, since they also changed so that traded hits both retain counter hit now.

And yeah no cross platform which is unfortunate, but pc will probably be fine on its own.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 01:47:44 pm »
I also like the amount of customization, each char. has like 200 items. And a lot of it is really silly, also got some cool promotional JAP pro wrestling stuff in there too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 03:07:34 pm »
I also like the amount of customization, each char. has like 200 items. And a lot of it is really silly, also got some cool promotional JAP pro wrestling stuff in there too.

Customization is a hit and miss for most people, on one end its pretty funny what you can do. I used to have some wacky looking characters in t5. But it also makes the game look stupid, and can potentially be abuseable to make characters more obscure to pick out moves on. I like it for sure, but i do hope they have an option to flat out disable cosmetics.

Random large chunk of gameplay, this yoshimitsu player is pretty good and its always a treat to watch good yoshi players. And counter hits make a sort of stripe/flash, easy to make out, but probably still hard to react to. Should at least make it a bit easier to learn counter hit combos.

edit: oh and PC masterrace. PS4 from what ive heard is played in 900p.
edit edit: Heihachi looks like a fucking boss in this game, im tempted to play him simply because his costume is fucking dope.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:15:48 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 09:47:10 pm »
Can anyone recommend good, low-cost gamepads for PC? Preferably some that look like Playstation's and with little fuss installing, connecting etc.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 09:54:01 pm »
Can anyone recommend good, low-cost gamepads for PC? Preferably some that look like Playstation's and with little fuss installing, connecting etc.

PS3 controller? Should be pretty cheap by now, or an xbox360 if you don't wanna install drivers.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 10:04:42 pm »
I had hoped to find someone who has experience with some good copy ones that work well on PC, with wireless and no wierd colors. I'm only going to use them for playing Tekken once in a while when I have guests.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 10:26:48 pm »
+1
Ive never tried to play a fighter on keyboard, but in theory i dont see any issues with it if you dont feel like buying a controller. Im still using a ps3 controller from like 10 years back that came with the console, and they should be relatively cheap now i think. PS4 controllers work instantly with steam now, but they might be pricey..

Good video to keep in mind for newbs like me. Makes the 100+ movelists a bit less daunting. Also Lord Aris best fighting game caster, and best streamer.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 10:31:13 pm »
Coolest stoner on Twitch.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 10:49:03 pm »
Ive never tried to play a fighter on keyboard, but in theory i dont see any issues with it if you dont feel like buying a controller.
I tried the original Virtua Fighter with a keyboard back then, it sucked ass.

Wonder how it would feel to play Tekken with an Xbox controller. Probably too wierd when you're used to Playstation.

You never have any issues with the wireless or the drivers, using the PS3 controller on Windows?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:55:45 pm by Angantyr »