Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 33202 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 08:31:04 am »
+2
Here's a fairly typical factory run for me:

190,000 roubles profit for that two minute raid, which will easily buy you an entire kit and then some. Of course, you'll want to play it slower and if you run into more geared players than hatchlings it'll take more time, but also more lucrative if you win the fight(s).

Peltor ComTacs are also a very legitimate alternative to helmets, I think Peacekeeper sells them at level 1. You hear sounds from further away and they enhance quiet sounds and decrease loud sounds. Only the best helmet can block rifle bullets, so the lower helmets only protect from melee, SMGs and shotguns. Can be good against scavs especially, but hearing someone sneaking will almost always be better.

Another quick run:

Fort armor, the thing I'm wearing and the second guy I kill has, is the best/rarest item in the game. It makes it very hard to kill you through the chest/arms, basically impossible unless you get shot by armor-piercing ammo and even then it can be 5-8 bullets to ruin it, and can only be traded for with 7 gold chains at max level traders. NPC scavs also very rarely have it, so if you find one then grab it and book it out of the raid. Unless you have AP ammo, shoot for the legs if someone's wearing it and the Fast MT helmet. If you have AP ammo, then headshots work well too. And that helmet alone is worth 200,000 roubles.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:17 am »
Thanks a lot for the info!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 11:04:32 am »
Nice thanks!

Didn't think there was this many key bindings... also is there a way to bind toggle lean?

Also, what kinda graphics settings are you using? I have a pretty decent rig, but wouldn't mind even more fps.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:05:13 pm by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2018, 12:34:17 pm »
+1
Actually loving these "underdog" runs. Went for a factory run with just a pistol, killed a hatchet runner, blasted a scav in the face, grabbed his SKS, killed an armored player, grabbed everything he had (armor, kitted out MPX, dogtag) and quickly extracted. Raid time ~2 minutes :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2018, 12:51:42 pm »
Nice thanks!

Didn't think there was this many key bindings... also is there a way to bind toggle lean?

Also, what kinda graphics settings are you using? I have a pretty decent rig, but wouldn't mind even more fps.
Don't think there's a way to toggle it, though Alt+Q/E leaves you leaned out until you press Q/E again. But it's slow.

Main thing right now is to leave object lod quality at 2 and to disable SSAO. Anisotropic filtering at per texture. Overriding high DPI scaling behavior and disabling full screen optimizations in the .exe has helped some people too.

But right now they're not in the optimization phase yet, so don't expect miracles. Factory and Woods run great for me though, with 100+ FPS more often than not.

And yeah underdog runs can be a lot of fun, from zero to hero.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2018, 02:16:24 pm »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2018, 07:40:48 pm »
+1
That seems really bad if they don't intend to randomize spawn points.

If everyone knows where people spawn, they can rush kill and loot everything before npcs spawn.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2018, 11:18:13 pm »
They're going to change how spawns work, but I don't really get your point. Are you suggesting players are less of a threat than NPCs? It's not like people are going to just bend over and take it if you're rushing around to kill them.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2018, 11:33:36 pm »
They're going to change how spawns work, but I don't really get your point. Are you suggesting players are less of a threat than NPCs? It's not like people are going to just bend over and take it if you're rushing around to kill them.

Well that's good to know they're changing it.

Since npcs start spawning after a couple minutes, if the strategy you shown works everytime people can rush kill get tags or player drops and off before they spawn.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2018, 11:50:53 pm »
NPCs spawn immediately. And again, people are a much harder challenge than the AI, as they of course are in every game with PvP. I'm not sure what the issue is supposed to be? What's supposed to happen after "NPCs spawn"? Is that meant to be some kind of a frightening thing, compared to actual players trying to kill you?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 12:39:07 am »
So when do player scavs join in? I was watching this youtube video with tips and the guy was explaining that you should check the raid time, but for what reason? What do I get by navigating on the time and how do I do it?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 01:28:01 am »
I don't think there are specific times for player scav spawns.

I guess he was just talking about raid time to make sure you don't miss the extract? Tap O to see the timer and double tap O to see your extract locations.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:26 am »
+1
NPCs spawn immediately. And again, people are a much harder challenge than the AI, as they of course are in every game with PvP. I'm not sure what the issue is supposed to be? What's supposed to happen after "NPCs spawn"? Is that meant to be some kind of a frightening thing, compared to actual players trying to kill you?

As in new batch of npcs which make you freeze, and spawn in your surroundings hindering your escape. I know there's npc spawning on start of match, but if you enter the match fully geared and know the exact spawn locations, you can wreck newer players. How often do you do that rush in, loot and out? It shouldn't be very viable imo or others would do the same.

Obviously players are more dangerous than npcs, but if one carries heavy weaponry/armor they'll have a hard time fighting back.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2018, 09:20:23 am »
I know there's npc spawning on start of match, but if you enter the match fully geared and know the exact spawn locations, you can wreck newer players. How often do you do that rush in, loot and out? It shouldn't be very viable imo or others would do the same.

Obviously players are more dangerous than npcs, but if one carries heavy weaponry/armor they'll have a hard time fighting back.

The thing is newer players are gonna struggle against highly armored opponents anyway, unless you bring in some serious fire power, you're gonna have to be shooting at their legs and they're gonna win even if they're bad. I really don't mind the static spawns, at least you know what your options are when you spawn and it isn't random, rng could fuck you over much harder, especially in small maps such as Factory.

SKS is really a beast though, damn. Did another pistol run on Factory, got lucky with an SKS from a scav and killed a level 40+ player that was wearing fort armor. Too bad I died looting him, but at least I grabbed his tag. That alone covers a few pistol runs.

Also I keep forgetting to re-equip armor at start to avoid armor bug. That bug is still present in the game right?

I reached level 10 now and my Peacekeeper leveled up, since you only need to spend some money to level him up. Too bad he only has SMGs (though MPX is sex). The good thing is he is the only one that is selling body armor atm, it's annoying trying to grab it off of the "player vendor" npc. Started working on other NPC quests (bar Skier). I can't recall now if Skier sells SKS at level one, should really try some normal runs with a bought SKS instead of relying on Scav SKS drop, which is rare.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:33:11 am by Vibe »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2018, 09:48:42 am »
The thing is newer players are gonna struggle against highly armored opponents anyway, unless you bring in some serious fire power, you're gonna have to be shooting at their legs and they're gonna win even if they're bad. I really don't mind the static spawns, at least you know what your options are when you spawn and it isn't random, rng could fuck you over much harder, especially in small maps such as Factory.

SKS is really a beast though, damn. Did another pistol run on Factory, got lucky with an SKS from a scav and killed a level 40+ player that was wearing fort armor. Too bad I died looting him, but at least I grabbed his tag. That alone covers a few pistol runs.

Also I keep forgetting to re-equip armor at start to avoid armor bug. That bug is still present in the game right?

I reached level 10 now and my Peacekeeper leveled up, since you only need to spend some money to level him up. Too bad he only has SMGs (though MPX is sex). The good thing is he is the only one that is selling body armor atm, it's annoying trying to grab it off of the "player vendor" npc. Started working on other NPC quests (bar Skier). I can't recall now if Skier sells SKS at level one, should really try some normal runs with a bought SKS instead of relying on Scav SKS drop, which is rare.

There's also grenades which some hatchet user carry which can be instant death. For some risky but quick runs.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:59:22 am by Vexus »