Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 33193 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 06:56:10 pm »
Biggest problem with the game atm, is that barely anyone wants to do the outdoor maps.

Majority of the gameplay videos are in the factory.

I stopped playing EFT ages ago because of how frustrating the AI was on said outdoor maps (or in general). They could miss their shots from point blank range, or insta gib you through an entire forest with a makarov. Besides, they need to make the gunplay feel more reliable : the last time I played it, they could tank 5 7.62 rounds at most (fired from 20m), or die from a single torso shot. And don't get me started on the servers, or the AI detecting you while you're trying to sneak around (or above their heads for that matter). If they improve on these issues, and release the planned content, it's easily a GOTY contender for realistic FPS'.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 07:30:07 pm »
Biggest problem with the game atm, is that barely anyone wants to do the outdoor maps.

Majority of the gameplay videos are in the factory.
I don't see how those two things are connected. Finding outdoor games is easier right now than finding factory games, in fact. Matching times for Customs and Shoreline never go above 30 seconds for me.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 03:56:16 pm »
Using ReShade, the game looks really good too. Also probably has the best gunfights out of any game.

Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 02:50:22 pm »
What's up with people using ReShade to oversaturate the shit out of every game? Fix you monitor?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 08:29:13 pm »
Can't help but think of this everytime I see the title of this game

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 11:08:28 pm »
What's up with people using ReShade to oversaturate the shit out of every game? Fix you monitor?
I guess some people like their games to not just be different shades of gray
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 05:14:27 am »
I guess some people like their games to not just be different shades of gray

Well new update made the game look almost like the video. Oh well.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 10:17:43 am »
Well new update made the game look almost like the video. Oh well.
There's something wrong with your eyes. Literally nothing changed.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 12:12:33 pm »

You seem to be playing it, how's the performance? I often hear about random freezes ingame specially everytime the ai spawns.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 01:39:31 pm »
You seem to be playing it, how's the performance? I often hear about random freezes ingame specially everytime the ai spawns.
Good on two maps, decent on one, and bad on the last. Apparently the last big patch cut the FPS on two of the maps in half, so hopefully it's something they can fix.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 03:51:26 am »

I guess I might've changed something, but I feel like shadows are darker and lighted areas are more saturated. I don't know maybe it's just my monitor losing color depth. You know, because that's what ReShade does.

I often hear about random freezes ingame specially everytime the ai spawns.

Since I got 16GB of RAM I'm only getting freezes on AI spawns on most maps. On Shoreline I was getting them(random hangups) still until a recent update that fixed limited GPU usage on that map. I have a midtier PC, but as far as I can tell from videos and streams even beast rigs get framedrops...because Beta.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 03:43:11 pm »
I guess I might've changed something, but I feel like shadows are darker and lighted areas are more saturated. I don't know maybe it's just my monitor losing color depth. You know, because that's what ReShade does.
Nope, ReShade by itself doesn't do anything.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 08:41:10 pm »
Anyone still playing this?

Didn't like pubg that much but this looks more interesting to me
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 02:53:57 am »
+1
I just got the game. Kinda lost in maps or what to do. Lost a bunch of pistols and an AKS-74U that came with the game already :lol: I did two successful scav runs. Then I tried a few runs just with the hatchet (heard that's a thing), had few failed ones and one successful, killed scavs with hatchet, got geared up a bit then found a player corpse with two decent looking guns, some armor and extracted successfully.

Gun customization in this game is something else. I like how the loot works. Kinda slow paced game but not really, since you don't have unlimited time. Mostly playing Customs right now, with some Factory to not overwhelm myself. Gonna take some time to get used to how movement works in this game as well.

Still feeling lost so any tips are appreciated so I don't lose my stuff to dumb shit.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:02:16 am by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 05:47:22 am »
+2
Map knowledge is very important. Especially in something like Factory, you should know where all the player spawns are (there are 6). Factory is also usually recommended for new players just so they learn the gunplay and basic mechanics.

Hatchet runs at first to learn the maps, try to kill a scav for a gun (or look around, guns with ammo do spawn in some places), then when you start feeling more confident about your map knowledge start bringing guns so you learn the gunplay.

A good way to make money is to bring a pistol into Factory and kill people who only have hatchets. Getting one dog tag from a decently leveled player can be worth like 30-40k, which should cover at least a few pistols or one AKS. Or what most hatchet runners do, spawn and rush straight for the office safe and stuff your safe container full of whatever's in the safe. Lucrative and boring, but can get you money for some gun runs.

Also try Factory runs in offline mode (you won't lose (or gain) any gear) with PvE enabled to get a feel for your guns and pointshooting ("hipfire").

SKS is a great gun, use PS ammo (HP does tons of flesh damage but is shit at penetrating armor), and if you get some solid hits you can take down anyone. SMGs are pretty shit at the moment (next patch in a week or so will introduce Mp7 with AP ammo though), the ammo can't pierce good armor, but they do kill really fast if you aim for the legs. Same for shotguns, shit armor penetration but kill fast if you hit flesh targets. AKS (remember to crouch when firing full auto) and SKS should be your go-to guns until you can get AK74Ns and AKMs etc.

Here's one pretty action-packed Customs run from beginning to end (with some shit cut out of course, real raid lasted 18 minutes)

Also, DON'T start Skier's first task until you've found a fort armor and a kiver helmet. It's timed.

Keybinds that aren't mentioned in controls:
https://gist.github.com/TheDonDope/8327101ead7758b9bfc6e86b9a776f80

Change sprinting to hold like the above link says, feels much more precise that way.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:52:09 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.