Author Topic: cRPG update and new ideas. Need feedback.  (Read 9758 times)

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
cRPG update and new ideas. Need feedback.
« on: February 08, 2017, 10:11:43 pm »
+19
I've been digging into crpg stuff past couple weeks and came up with some ideas that i'd like feedback on. I've also been making minor changes that will be patched in the next coming weeks.

-Increased item exchange showing up more frequently , should show up more often in the auction house.
-New player package adjustment, make it more sexy for new players. More gold, better items etc
-Strat rooster changed back to 50
-Patcher is being worked on and banners should be fix at the same time.

Already Implemented but will patch once patcher is fixed:

chychy: Price per discount updated to 6% from 5% per PP
chychy: Change time & merc scaling for battles
chychy: Cancel attack if attacker as less than 100 troups or low armour
chychy: Max battle duration update to 70 minutes from 60
chychy: Update troop number for /3 rule to 900 from 1000
Nashringa: Ladders enabled(hopefully)
Nashringa: increased bots per wave 2 > 5
Nashringa: DTV bot AI adjusted(more aggressive bots)
Nashringa: Vivi stat increase + new weapon

Ideas:

Changing the amount of weapon points you receive when spending 1 stat point on AGI(15 WP per 1 AGI) and the amount of Weapons points you receive when gaining a level which is at 20+55.

Reason for this change: Weapon points will finally match up to the last XP formula change that happen OCT 2014 and allow players to reach higher levels that have never been reached by allowing more xp gain and possibly adjusting required XP in the higher levels. A change in Loompoints received when retiring would also be adjusted in this change. Right now Retiring amount is:
(click to show/hide)

Tested: Yes and No. I've tested what a level 38 with all points spent in AGI and WP can do. It's not healthy for the game or servers once that much WP is reached. I haven't tested the new idea. BTW everyone would receive a free skill and state respec if these changes were to be implemented.

Server lag issues
: I've been on this since day one and finally think i've made some progress. I have recently found some bad "open loops", basically open scripts that are ongoing calling between the server client for data nonstop. I believe team balancing changes back in 2014-2015 may be the problem. I'll keep everyone updated if I make some adjustments.

I'll keep posting and updating this topic with new ideas and changes.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:18:48 pm by Dupre »
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG update and new ideas. Need feedback.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 10:51:17 pm »
+2
I probably would agree on the amount of points a lvl 38 gets if they are all spent on one thing only. But if you start cutting you start killing hybrid builds. I have never put all my points in one class at lvl 37 nor will I if I ever make it to 38, which if I do make it will probably retire for the title and never retire again on him after that.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 11:04:58 pm »
+4
I probably would agree on the amount of points a lvl 38 gets if they are all spent on one thing only. But if you start cutting you start killing hybrid builds. I have never put all my points in one class at lvl 37 nor will I if I ever make it to 38, which if I do make it will probably retire for the title and never retire again on him after that.

You would still be able to play hybrid builds but would just have less points just like everyone else. These changes are meant to slow the game down so that the database, engine, and client have a better sync which then would give everyone a better playing experience especially people at 60+ ping. And the idea is to make level 40 obtainable which should allow players to make better hybrid builds. These changes to 14 wp per agi and 55+20 were made in 2013, before that they were 55+16 and 15 WP 1 AGI. Changes were never made to accommodate the new XP formula and over and over we tried with balancing items, but we all know that didn't pan out to well for the past couple years..

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 11:15:59 pm »
+3
imo

Now the problem I see with high level is that all it does is inflate the standard builds, hybrids sort of stay at the same disadvantage they were previously at. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days of 24/15
can make minor changes to boost up hybrids, possibly increase IF  or even create some hybrid build specific weapons that only certain stats you can use. I'm trying to match the days before xp formula. I thought those were the best days with the best builds and crpg combat had no delay at all, very fluid. I'm trying to match up to that era with out changing back the xp formula. Thats a change that I would need help to implement back. FYI Harald took care of all the xp formula changes

interesting note, according to the data, as of yesterday we have 823 strength builds, 734 balancing builds, and 451 agility builds
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:23:31 pm by Dupre »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 11:18:24 pm »
Can you make hx viable again?
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:25:08 pm »
Can you make hx viable again?

Whats the issue?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 12:00:35 am »
+1
Whats the issue?
I think they changed something to do with bolt speed and mount speed bonus that made them suck now.
PENDULUM

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 12:14:30 am »
+3
Make getting lower levels slower than now, and higher levels faster than now. Requirement for 35 stays the same, you just spend more time in between the levels, rather than being stuck on a single level. It gets tedious once you reach 34 because it takes ages to level up. After retiring you get the first twenty-something levels in a single match, and that's just waste of potential for fun. If you want exact values for levels, I can bring up a few examples. I have some graphs and stuff in my room. And puppets. You like puppets?

Also I have this idea for financial masochists like me. The problem is, I don't like getting a shitload of money really fast in games, I'd rather slowly grind for items than have them all practically from the start. But decreasing gold per tick would only ruin the game for new players, since vets already have milliunz of golds. So the idea is a "bank" where you put your gold, or set it to automatically take a percentage of your income. So if for example I set the bank to take 80% of my gold, I only get 20% of gold per tick, and the rest goes to my "bank account". There is of course a little interest rate, but should probably get smaller with amount of gold you have in bank, so that you can't just buy all the looms if you're super rich. The trick is that you can only withdraw gold once a week or so, similar to how you get respecs. With this "bank", people can choose to have fun slowly unlocking gear on alts.

btw release multiplier from its x5 shackles

Also combine battle and siege servers, so that there is a single server with both modes in map rotation. Dividing the already scarce population into two servers makes mod more dead than it is.

Also add wacky new weapons and ammo, like triple arrows so that you can shoot three arrows at once, but with low accuracy. It will liven up the community by screwing up the balance.

Offline axel

• Baron
  • Renown: 116
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Athenon
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 01:25:18 am »
+2
I agree on all but the stupid 3 arrows at the same time... yo dawg.. wtf
Make the crusade great again
-Athenoune_FireBlood

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 02:03:24 am »
Make getting lower levels slower than now, and higher levels faster than now. Requirement for 35 stays the same, you just spend more time in between the levels, rather than being stuck on a single level. It gets tedious once you reach 34 because it takes ages to level up. After retiring you get the first twenty-something levels in a single match, and that's just waste of potential for fun. If you want exact values for levels, I can bring up a few examples. I have some graphs and stuff in my room. And puppets. You like puppets?

Also I have this idea for financial masochists like me. The problem is, I don't like getting a shitload of money really fast in games, I'd rather slowly grind for items than have them all practically from the start. But decreasing gold per tick would only ruin the game for new players, since vets already have milliunz of golds. So the idea is a "bank" where you put your gold, or set it to automatically take a percentage of your income. So if for example I set the bank to take 80% of my gold, I only get 20% of gold per tick, and the rest goes to my "bank account". There is of course a little interest rate, but should probably get smaller with amount of gold you have in bank, so that you can't just buy all the looms if you're super rich. The trick is that you can only withdraw gold once a week or so, similar to how you get respecs. With this "bank", people can choose to have fun slowly unlocking gear on alts.

btw release multiplier from its x5 shackles

Also combine battle and siege servers, so that there is a single server with both modes in map rotation. Dividing the already scarce population into two servers makes mod more dead than it is.

Also add wacky new weapons and ammo, like triple arrows so that you can shoot three arrows at once, but with low accuracy. It will liven up the community by screwing up the balance.

1. Would need to adjust current XP formula. It can be done but like I said in a earlier post, i'll need help from chadz or harald. Harald is the one who made the changes back in 2014

2. I really like your idea. I'm not sure if its something I can create though. Harald would of been the developer to take on something like this.
     -another idea that is similar and could possibly be implemented is adding another currency similar to silver in Strat. Ways of obtaining new currency would be through using gold(would be a high price to exchange), winning battles in strat(promote players to play strat battles), and some kind of way to obtain in DTV(maybe kills?). We could add some new weapons and armor under the new currency to motivate players to grind a little bit more + give new players a fair chance to catch up.

3. i'm not opposed to going further than 5x but it;s something I haven't looked into and not sure if its possible. I'd like to adjust levels or xp formula before looking into releasing 5x and,  I could always adjust xp gain on each tick if needed.

4. 50/50 on this, community always goes back and fourth on this idea.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:53:50 am by Dupre »

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 02:23:54 am »
+1
I agree on all but the stupid 3 arrows at the same time... yo dawg.. wtf
you found the bingus. gj

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 08:21:19 am »
+1
I'd like to see a fully operational version of crpg and only after that implementing new stuff.
I am kinda conservative that way... :)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 08:56:15 am »
+2
I'd first fix the floating hats/caps. You can see them on the first rounds of DTV, among peasants and bandits. It doesn't look very good.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 03:58:38 pm »
+3
IMO, bows/arrows should be buffed, especially non-loomed ones. New players are usually enthusiastic with the bow and in current state where STR is OP and everyone has heavy armor, so bows are quite useless, if you're not a lvl 39 archer beast ofc.
However, the extra damage horses receive from ranged should be removed. Because light cav is literally obsolete right now. Sneaking behind is most of the time out of question and 1-2 lucky arrows are enough to take down your horse. Cavalry can't head to head any infantry class anyway, it should have it's countering aspect back to the table.
Also another major problem is the hitboxes of ranged weapons. They are nearly impossible to miss in most people's hands and there is literally no counterplay, since their melee modes are OP too, speaking especially for throwing lance.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 04:17:18 pm »
+2
No one in their right mind would ever make a majority-agi level 38 build, as that would be such a waste of a grind. As it stands it takes quite a while to reach such a high level, so I don't think we need to balance the game around the possibilities of mostly all str or all agi at such a level, since those have always been one trick pony troll builds that get real boring after a while. No one seems to think that agi is OP/annoying currently (at least not compared to when it was legitimately broken), so as they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. As your stats showed, str was the majority of builds, and if anything people are of the opinion that
STR is OP and everyone has heavy armor

I'm not saying str builds should be kept in check (I personally think str should always be a tad stronger than agi, since balancing them perfectly seems to always remain a pipe dream), I'm just saying I think that there are far more glaring issues than "agi breaking the servers" such as broken items, banners, etc. Slowing down the pace of gameplay, even if it could make for slightly smoother combat, would just ruin the feel of this game for all us vets. It's always been fast, and fast combat requires more skill. If we slow it all down it'll have less of that crpg feel and be more similar to boring old native. Especially at a time where all us nerds can block 98% of swings, we need to keep it fast so that duels don't go on literally forever. Toying with the combat too much at this stage could easily have the reverse of the intended effect. Despite any perceived balance issues, people have been playing this version of crpg for years, and recently starting playing again. I don't think that we should go rushing straight towards making a utopian crpg so soon after its revival, as even when we had a decent population major balance changes always made half the servers RQ since their build got nerfed.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:22:31 pm by Jona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador