Author Topic: Admin aboose  (Read 10363 times)

Offline Brutii

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Brutii, SmokeyMcPot
Re: Admin aboose
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2016, 12:57:23 am »
+5
1 - cause
2 - side effect
side effect can be neutralize by legalizing it, so every one can use it.
Why cant u understand simple things?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2016, 02:09:38 am »
+1
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2495
  • Infamy: 555
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2016, 02:23:07 am »
+5
I love how we have admin trying to justify cheating :lol:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2016, 05:10:11 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Your posts are always a blast to read, cheers.

I love how we have admin trying to justify cheating :lol:

Like i mentioned, having played multiple other games which have similar things going on has given me a different view on it. Im not trying to justify the use of it now, as rules have been set, but before the rules existed i didnt see it as a cheat. Im with Pandor on that everyone should be able to mod their games to certain extents, especially when there are things in the game that clearly people have issues with, but will never be changed.

He didn't get banned for using them in the first place but for distributing them, you know it. His ban wasn't enough, << which is only an opinion I agree, he debated that his shit is legit and everyone should use the same stuff as he does to get on his level. That's so wrong. Now the reason I support banning him again isn't that I think he is cheating again, which is a high probability but w/e, that he is debating on cheats being legit, after being bashed because of that for far too many times. He makes a thread like "oh is native projectiles okay" , he thinks it's funny and stuff, which leads me to think that he is a hard-boiled asshole, then again, our first rule is "Common Sense".

I mentioned that it was the advertising of the green arrows that got him banned, but that still shouldnt be a perma ban since there wasnt really a rule. Common sense is way too loose, since many people did actually mod their game, and there was no baseline on whats ok and not. Banning him again because he might be using it again is really just some sort of personal beef with him, he is an archer afterall, lots of people would probably loove to see him gone. Not a lot of good archers play anymore, so cleaning up the last few might make the game more enjoyable aye?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:15:03 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2016, 11:43:40 am »
But don't you see? It's a 'competitive' race, and I want to race at my peak, so i'll run the race *without* gravel shoes just to give myself an edge.

If everyone else was serious and competitive they'd do the same thing. Only trolls and players who like fucking around would run the race, y'know, the way it was supposed to be run.

And I know running without gravel shoes is allowed, because I've played other games taken part in other races where I was allowed to run without gravel, therefore it should be allowed in the gravel race too.

The race had no rules saying i couldnt take the gravel out of my shoes, so i decided to do it, and thought everyone else should do it since theres nothing saying that running with gravel in your shoes is needed to participate. The race then added that rule and so i decided not to race anymore.

"Only trolls and players who like fucking around would run the race, y'know, the way it was supposed to be run." More like they would stand around the waterstand being loudmouths untill the race is over, hard to notice any gravel in their shoes when they arent even moving.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:52:47 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2016, 01:17:59 pm »

Yes, thats about the autoblocker issue, how is that relevant? Pretty sure they enforced the idea that they are against the rules very early on, so there was no excuse for people using them when a rule was set. If they had anything similar to check for texture changes, added any rules against texture changes etc etc, then it wouldve been a different story.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2016, 06:56:26 pm »
It's relevant because the same 2 arguments that I'm hearing here apply:
1. Pandor's 'it doesn't make that much of a difference anyway and it's not like it makes you a better player', still thoroughly against the rules to modify your game in that way.
2. Your whole competitive 'playing at your peak' doing anything to get the edge in a competitive environment argument.

Also if I'm honest I posted this because I struggled to find the essay-length post to do with multiaccounts where chadz lost his shit at the retarded players of this community who need a rule spelled out in black and white otherwise they'll try every possible exploit to ruin it for everyone else. In essence it was a rage against certain eastern European factions skirting around with 'you never explicitly said we couldn't do X' and chadz banhammered them hard because cheating is obvious to all but the few who do it and you shouldn't have to spell out that given the precedent of cRPG rules, the 'no exploiting of any kind', that something that gives you a clear advantage over other players is cheating.

I'm still looking for that post, it seems relevant.

My playing at personal peak is of the same argument pandor makes, its simply to be able to play your own personal best not to put others at a lower ground. You you can mash those up. I still dont see how its relevant though, the same common sense part can be used for how completely different a autoblocker is compared to a texture change. Texture editing was a gray area where many mods were fine, and no rules set against it. While autoblocker software was against the rules, and then got something that enforces it too.

It would be easier for you to just use the common sense rule then, instead of searching for chadz posts, im sure ive read it previously anyways. As for the common sense rule, if a lot of people consider it to not be a cheat, then common sense kinda gets washed out. Common sense on one part is obviously completely different, to us its common sense that everyone should be able to modify some textures so that the gameplay is a more pleasing experience, so long as there isnt any rules set against it.

Thats my first stance, but im also not against banning texture changes completely if theres at least some way to make sure no one is doing it, because if not then whats the point? People will still use it, and if they can play the game modified to be preferable to their own standards, shouldnt we all be? Right now theres only the rule but nothing really stopping anyone from doing it, which is a weird middleground that doesnt really please anyone, it only works on paper. And its creating weird bans like Pandors right now, no evidence whatsoever, people just assume. He might very well be, hell theres probably a lot of other players doing it too without anyone knowing it.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2016, 07:21:10 pm »
+2
"Cheats" like green arrows, removing night / fog are made for more comfortable gameplay, but not to gain an advantage over other players like u all saying. Im ok if every fucking one guy use the same stuff. And i beilive that its ok if its not forbiden by rules. bet everything i have that 90% of best players in crpg using or used before such stuff. I played with removed night for one year and green arrows for 3 month before i get banned. Im still thinking that both modification is ok and its not "cheats" but since its forbiden by rules im not using it anymore.
Ure main problem that u think that greenys used to gain an advantage over other players. What is not true. I would allow anyone who whant use greenys if i had rights on such actions.

Why isnt this guy permabaned? What a delusional piece of shit

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2016, 07:51:50 pm »
+1
I dont see why he should be permabanned, the rule wasnt even set when the first ban hit. And there were other people using similar mods as well who got nothing. Whatever length of ban he got was for advertising the green arrows, but even that wasnt against any rule afaik.

The only reason this shit started again was because he got banned again unrightly, he's saying that he doesnt use the green arrows anymore, so theres nothing to be done, he's clean. The rule is set and he's following it. Banning him based on his opinions would be stupid and this thread spawned from the ban basically baits it out too.

The rule WAS set, the rule called COMMON SENSE. Common sense dictates pretty clearly that you don't cheat in a game, no game allows that and no game should. Just because the guys who set the rules mistakenly thought the C-RPG community actually had brains doesn't mean that he shouldn't be punished.

(Also no offense to the C-RPG community please don't find me and rape me ;c)

I can't stand how people immediately assume that everything Pandor says is the truth, if he told you that he's a time traveller would you believe him? I'm not saying he should be punished now, but just because he says he's not cheating doesn't automatically make that statement true.

I've not said he should be banned based on his opinions either, I could care less what his opinions are, the fact is, he broke and stretched the rules ridiculously far and was let off. I appreciate that the C-RPG community is small, but it's really gone down the fucking drain when we let people who willingly cheat to gain an advantage against others back into the server lol.

I don't know.. Perhaps I'm a tad bias because when I administrated I had a strict no tolerance policy to anyone who cheated or broke rules just in general, but I have to take into account that some places are different on their policy towards cheating.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2016, 09:13:22 pm »
The rule WAS set, the rule called COMMON SENSE. Common sense dictates pretty clearly that you don't cheat in a game, no game allows that and no game should. Just because the guys who set the rules mistakenly thought the C-RPG community actually had brains doesn't mean that he shouldn't be punished.

(Also no offense to the C-RPG community please don't find me and rape me ;c)

I can't stand how people immediately assume that everything Pandor says is the truth, if he told you that he's a time traveller would you believe him? I'm not saying he should be punished now, but just because he says he's not cheating doesn't automatically make that statement true.

I've not said he should be banned based on his opinions either, I could care less what his opinions are, the fact is, he broke and stretched the rules ridiculously far and was let off. I appreciate that the C-RPG community is small, but it's really gone down the fucking drain when we let people who willingly cheat to gain an advantage against others back into the server lol.

I don't know.. Perhaps I'm a tad bias because when I administrated I had a strict no tolerance policy to anyone who cheated or broke rules just in general, but I have to take into account that some places are different on their policy towards cheating.

I mentioned previously that common sense is kind of washed out when a lot of people are using similar mods, and other mods that now are considered fine also existed as options. There was no rule set against anything but the common sense one, and to a lot of people common sense would be no removing bushes, or transparent walls. Common sense is a very loose rule, it does work in a lot of places, but not so well in others. The krems messing around on servers is one where its also completely loose. Should one start banning everyone based on his own side of the common sense rule?

And what do you suggest is done when he says hes not using the cheats anymore? How can he possibly prove it? Do you think he should be perma banned based on assumptions? I've said that there, so far, is no way to prove it, so believing him or not does not matter.

I wish i was as strict administrating as you sound like youve been then, because there would be no krems shenanigans when i was playing because thats strictly against my side of the common sense rule. But then i often try to be realistic.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2016, 11:23:30 pm »
Regarding the common sense rule, yes, the rule is pretty stupid, however, the rule is still a rule.

Secondly, I don't think he should be banned on the assumption he is cheating, I think he should never have BEEN unbanned in the first place. That's what I'm saying, I'm not saying he should be banned now, I'm saying the ban SHOULDN'T have been lifted.

I finished my Administrative "career" so to speak a while ago, I had more important things to do (College, etc etc.) which took priority over the game, however, yeah, it's fair to say that if I had been an admin before I was Krems there's the chance I'd have grown to be an asshole who just bans Krems when they mess around. However, I took a different path and had fun instead, and it actually feels pretty good.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2016, 04:57:43 am »
I finished my Administrative "career" so to speak a while ago, I had more important things to do (College, etc etc.) which took priority over the game, however, yeah, it's fair to say that if I had been an admin before I was Krems there's the chance I'd have grown to be an asshole who just bans Krems when they mess around. However, I took a different path and had fun instead, and it actually feels pretty good.

I guess im in a similar seat then, i couldve turned into someone who cried about textures/weather changes. But instead i realised i also hate those aspects of the game so i joined in and it felt pretty good, i had fun too.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2016, 12:00:22 pm »
+1

What are you talking about? Krems definitely don't mess around, that's not krems.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2016, 01:34:15 pm »
+5
In my opinion, green arrows, removing night time, removing bushes, removing fog, making shit easier to see, making cavalry hooves louder are all crappy. They all in one way or another give you an advantage over someone who doesn't have these and since you have to go find them and install them outside of the mod not everyone will use them. This is inherently an advantage people shouldn't have. If they were implemented into the mod in settings then feel free but having to mod the mod to gain an advantage is BS.

The best thing the mod could've done is have a section for approved visual modifications like the heirloom pack and whatnot, anything outside of the list is not allowed. It's too late now anyway so why the fuck are we still talking about it?

Also Pandor - you used the green arrows to be more comfortable? So they are easier to see? So you can track where you're hitting more effectively? So you can get an advantage?

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2016, 03:48:05 pm »
What are you talking about? Krems definitely don't mess around, that's not krems.
shit sorry i forgot