Author Topic: nostalgia  (Read 10104 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: nostalgia
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 06:47:06 pm »
According to some modern military manuals, the modern Western salute originated when knights greeted each other to show friendly intentions by raising their visors to show their faces, using a salute. Others also note that the raising of one's visor was a way to identify oneself saying "This is who I am, and I am not afraid." Medieval visors were, to this end, equipped with a protruding spike that allowed the visor to be raised using a saluting motion.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 06:49:39 pm »
+1
Think I splashed my first savings on Steel Shield, after I found out my build isn't compatible with it. Wanted to buy armored horse but those were crazy expensive back then. Leveling was much easier than earning gold. You could play for an hour or two per week, retire and get gen bonus.

Yeah, now you have more gold, than you know what to do with. Bad game design. Character reset every month, with fast leveling, but super slow gold, would've been much better. Too late, though.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline deim0z

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WARPIGS_DeimOZ / Drunken_Celt / Kallaikoi
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 12:03:08 am »
+2
I went AGI build just to fight them pesky archers. Still think more than half of my kills in this mod are archers. Loved when they setup archer nests, each of them in first person mode. Sneak up from behind and put Sword of Cookies to good use :lol:

Early cRPG... for me it was Jackie, Subotai, Kris and their kin owning the server as plated level 43 horse archers. There was nothing anyone could against them. It was game of hiding, even elite cav like Tommy, Oberyn and Ujin were trying to get under haystack.

That wasn't even that early, that was when servers got massive, even Pecores had their own. There was so crowded that recent rework on HA became so popular. I used to play foot archer back then.
That effin archer/1h Chimp on light armour, headshoting half the team 1vs too-many the rest, that was the real deal and scary as f*ck.

EDIT: Also the 1h/Shield/Archer on 90% of the ppl from early days, broken lol.
EDIT2: 1 min to restart... chargeeeeee!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:46:38 am by deim0z »

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 12:49:48 am »
I remember 1 or 2 years ago, I could actually choose between siege or battle. Now it's just battle most of the time, which is a shame because siege has always been my favourite.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 01:29:44 am »
oh shit I remember this used to be the 'duel greet' move, but I can't recall how long until people stopped using the gesture

Well its not needed here anymore because on the duel server you cant attack unless you initiate the duel with F, so manners and stuff isnt necessary.

plane white character page dohg.

I miss the white page, it was nice.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 03:15:49 am »
+4
I miss the white page, it was nice.
I miss the not-broken current page, it was not broken.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 03:27:48 am »
+2
Sad for myself as I joined more or less near to the end of the great period of C-RPG, only wish I had found it sooner, it would also mean that I'd be much better at the game than I am now :o

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »
+2
Sad for myself as I joined more or less near to the end of the great period of C-RPG, only wish I had found it sooner, it would also mean that I'd be much better at the game than I am now :o

not necessarily.  Im sure most people were better a few years ago.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 02:11:39 pm »
not necessarily.  Im sure most people were better a few years ago.

I don't think so. Most of the best players left, but on average people had less 5Ki11

Offline illogical

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • 100 Ping User
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Union, Teutonic Order
  • Game nicks: T_Yakety_Sax_savesiege
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 04:10:32 pm »
+3
Remember siege...
#savesiege

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 05:01:24 pm »
The best time was when I played with 10+ PT and Throwing Lances. Dead accurate and onehit pretty much everything. Hell of alot of fun to oneshot couchmy old friends like Vandamme or The_FIN (think he was called like that, not exactly sure) down their ugly plated chargers.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2763
  • Infamy: 852
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 06:14:40 pm »
Throwing was godlike for a month following upkeep patch. Went thrower (hybrid, 8 PT) to be able to reliably kill those players who used to dispose of me and many others regularly pre-upkeep patch. It wasn't even good build and I didn't even carry full stack. But it was so easy and fun. Later they significantly nerfed it in every way imaginable.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 06:44:41 pm »
Throwing was godlike for a month following upkeep patch. Went thrower (hybrid, 8 PT) to be able to reliably kill those players who used to dispose of me and many others regularly pre-upkeep patch. It wasn't even good build and I didn't even carry full stack. But it was so easy and fun. Later they significantly nerfed it in every way imaginable.

I remember that.  brrrrr.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2016, 06:45:44 pm »
The best time was when I played with 10+ PT and Throwing Lances. Dead accurate and onehit pretty much everything. Hell of alot of fun to oneshot couchmy old friends like Vandamme or The_FIN (think he was called like that, not exactly sure) down their ugly plated chargers.

yo the fin wasnt a coucher,  he stabbed with the highest skill.  back then you could oneshot niceley with a well placed stab to the head, was way better then couching.

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 12:01:25 am »