Author Topic: [Add-on] Strategus Tool Belt (STB)  (Read 35962 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: [Add-on] Strategus Tool Belt (STB)
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 03:16:14 am »
Apparently items in a fief arent showing properly, will be next on the debug list.
We never did anything with the "inventory" though, it was old dodnet's. Items are still sorted by groups in the info tab, but maybe not for the fiefs? Give more details.

Also, dont use the old STB and the new STB at the same time.

I've sent you a PM with screenshots of the info tab while in a fief using various combinations of STB_2, STB_3, and Strat Sorted Inventory. Hopefully they clear up what I mean. It's entirely possible it's because of something on my end too. Though I didn't mess with nothing in the scripts themselves when installing.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 09:11:54 am »
What do you mean by pathfinding?

The line you get when you order your party to follow, is extremely far off.

Is it possible to get a straight line from your party to your goal? at the moment it's quite far below your party.
I'll send you a screenshot if nessesary. Maybe it isn't your tool but just cRPG in general. but it'd be quite awesome if it could be fixed :D
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »
The line you get when you order your party to follow, is extremely far off.

Is it possible to get a straight line from your party to your goal? at the moment it's quite far below your party.
I'll send you a screenshot if nessesary. Maybe it isn't your tool but just cRPG in general. but it'd be quite awesome if it could be fixed :D

I have been running the 3.0 script for the last 2 weeks and no problem with following/attacking/trading or entering/leaving or moving anywhere. That seems strange! I would like a screenshot indeed, in case I miss something. If you do, please use only STB 3.0, its the only way to be sure your reports are clear.

I've sent you a PM with screenshots of the info tab while in a fief using various combinations of STB_2, STB_3, and Strat Sorted Inventory. Hopefully they clear up what I mean. It's entirely possible it's because of something on my end too. Though I didn't mess with nothing in the scripts themselves when installing.

Thanks for the screens. Strangely, the player's "info" sorting worked 100% when we tested, using 3.0 only! You did not screen any fief's "info" though, are icons showing up in there, and is it sorted correctly with 3.0 only?

Chy will look into all that for next update.

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 03:57:05 pm »
Here you go:

(click to show/hide)

Probably not your add-ons fault but.. maybe you can into fix? D:

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 04:28:25 pm »
+1
Here you go:

(click to show/hide)

Probably not your add-ons fault but.. maybe you can into fix? D:
i bet u use chrome  or not looks like line to peshmi is ok
dat "bug" happens if u press "move to" and press on players dot or fiefs name. Just use trade or enter option
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:40:13 pm by Vovka »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2016, 05:47:52 pm »
Thanks for the update Butan, I've been using the older STB and it still worked pretty well for what i used it for, but I like the new trading update (I use it for trade distance bonus, and sorting my inventory).

Two things I'd like to see (if possible) would be:

1) When you're in a fief, under the Weapons tab be able to only show +1, +2, +3 loomed items (similar to how you can sort your inventory on Info tab when in a fief to only show heirloomed items over a certain value).  Or to have it only show items that have been discounted (and again, over a certain value).  I'm assuming you'd still have to click on the inventory type, like two handed weapon, body armor, etc.

2) When you're not in a fief, be able to sort your inventory by item type, under the "Inventory" tab (this is more of a "hey that would be nice", but since you can already do this under the Info tab when you're in a fief, I'd say it's a very low priority).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2016, 05:51:10 pm »
+2
Like Vovka said its simply what happens when you use "move to" and click on an entity (player or fief). Dont know why it does that else I could tell you if it can be fixed.

Thanks for the update Butan, I've been using the older STB and it still worked pretty well for what i used it for, but I like the new trading update (I use it for trade distance bonus, and sorting my inventory).

Two things I'd like to see (if possible) would be:

1) When you're in a fief, under the Weapons tab be able to only show +1, +2, +3 loomed items (similar to how you can sort your inventory on Info tab when in a fief to only show heirloomed items over a certain value).  Or to have it only show items that have been discounted (and again, over a certain value).  I'm assuming you'd still have to click on the inventory type, like two handed weapon, body armor, etc.

2) When you're not in a fief, be able to sort your inventory by item type, under the "Inventory" tab (this is more of a "hey that would be nice", but since you can already do this under the Info tab when you're in a fief, I'd say it's a very low priority).

Everything you said will be done  :)  basically we are going to do exactly what the Strategus Sorted Inventory did + what we ourselves do.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:57:06 pm by Butan »

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2016, 07:42:32 pm »
i bet u use chrome  or not looks like line to peshmi is ok
dat "bug" happens if u press "move to" and press on players dot or fiefs name. Just use trade or enter option

Yes I do use chrome, I checked on Firefox and it works swimmingly!
Thank you for this simple solution!

And Butan thank you once again for the Plugin, I'll use it on Firefox!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 08:27:34 pm »
Also you can use "trade with ....." option to go straight to a player near you. Or use "follow ...." to stay near someone who is also moving, perfect to prepare group attacks or just transfer things later.
For those options to be available, you have first to click on someone's name in the top-left panel. The "you spot the party of ....".

There is not many interactions/options possible in strategus, so this is important to know!  :)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 10:43:01 pm »
Now, for somereason, this doesn't work properly on firefox but does on chrome(minus like 1 feature). Very Frustrating.

Also, apparently my faction mate doesn't have his "enter/attack" options for fiefs work.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2016, 01:35:42 am »
Either add-ons conflicts or you have the old STB. I got firefox and shit running smooth.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2016, 02:32:44 am »

Also, apparently my faction mate doesn't have his "enter/attack" options for fiefs work.

It works now that I upgraded Sorted Inventory to the latest version.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 02:26:51 pm »
+11
The STB add-on development has been on unofficial pause for the last 10 days because we have been contacted by Dupre to join a new Strategus development team as full time designer/developer.

As I write this I have big tears rolling down my cheeks because thanks to our hard work and the people's appreciation we have been noticed by the admin and given a chance to make 'Murica Strategus great again.
I do not know as of now what is the scope of changes we will be able to bring to the table, what I do know is that all the important people I have talked with were very supportive and ready to trust me and Chy to do what needs to be done.

I am perfectly aware that Strategus has been around for quite some time without a lot of changes, people are growing tired of the same shit already, so we might be coming a bit late, I would have liked to be given that chance earlier when we first tried to come up with our first add-on version in mid round 4; that said we are being given a shot right now and now is the time.

We are still in the process of being handed out the controls, when it is done we will feel our way in, see what we can do and how we will do it. Having access to the database means that we can do a lot of things that we could not do, or at least much easier; this in itself is very exciting and promising, the only thing we will need after that is time and dedication.

The first things on our list will be fully implementing our already developed STB features directly on Strategus and fixing the looting bugs.
Give us a month and you should see some good things happening.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 03:15:25 pm »
+1
The STB add-on development has been on unofficial pause for the last 10 days because we have been contacted by Dupre to join a new Strategus development team as full time designer/developer.

As I write this I have big tears rolling down my cheeks because thanks to our hard work and the people's appreciation we have been noticed by the admin and given a chance to make 'Murica Strategus great again.
I do not know as of now what is the scope of changes we will be able to bring to the table, what I do know is that all the important people I have talked with were very supportive and ready to trust me and Chy to do what needs to be done.

I am perfectly aware that Strategus has been around for quite some time without a lot of changes, people are growing tired of the same shit already, so we might be coming a bit late, I would have liked to be given that chance earlier when we first tried to come up with our first add-on version in mid round 4; that said we are being given a shot right now and now is the time.

We are still in the process of being handed out the controls, when it is done we will feel our way in, see what we can do and how we will do it. Having access to the database means that we can do a lot of things that we could not do, or at least much easier; this in itself is very exciting and promising, the only thing we will need after that is time and dedication.

The first things on our list will be fully implementing our already developed STB features directly on Strategus and fixing the looting bugs.
Give us a month and you should see some good things happening.
hire DRz as strategus advisors!  :P

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 03:23:51 pm »
+2
It's good that someone who enjoys Strategus is now able to work on it, and this addon is cool and would definitely benefit to be already in by default. I would suggest that if you are able to make changes to Strategus at more than a UI level, that you try not to add any more mechanics unless you are sure they would be good, and instead maybe focus on simplifying or refining the ones already in the game with the end goal of creating more battles. Most people I know who quit Strategus over the versions did it because of the increasing level of tedium and need to be active on the map for low reward.

Any change is probably for the better at this point though so good luck with whatever is done.