Author Topic: Performance  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Performance
« on: March 04, 2016, 05:15:43 pm »
Would be nice, if you made it so that even lower-end PCs can run it at 60fps turning it on low. The trend nowadays seems to be releasing horribly optimesed games and if most of the people who buy the game in early access can run it nicely, it'll definetely up the sales and the prolong the games lifetime.
Also, it would be nice to have a version of the game, where every texture is 1px, stretched over the model. You know like a 'minimalistic' option in the settings. But, that's just a fantasy.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

pogosan

Re: Performance
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:32:51 pm »
+8

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 05:56:25 pm »
+3
Didn't there use to be a script that would auto hide a certain users posts? wtb that again plz.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 06:07:25 pm »
What did I do? I recommend coming out with an optimised game for early access and you guys bash me, cause I added MY OWN IDEA fuck you
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 06:14:10 pm »
+3
Make it look like this and I'm ready to pay up to 30$ just for graphics "update".

Actually more like this...

pogosan

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 07:11:52 pm »

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 07:31:59 pm »
I got used to current settings, although I updated my PC 2 months ago and can smoothly run crpg on highest with 120fps. Reminds me of RuneScape.
There sure is a lot less clutter on that setting making you see stuff more easily and that's exactly why I want a minimalist option.

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 06:48:48 am »
I agree. I remember when I had a bad PC and it was horrible to not be able to run anything. Problem is then many kids will flood the game... :D but they're easy to kill.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 07:56:08 am »
I agree. I remember when I had a bad PC and it was horrible to not be able to run anything. Problem is then many kids will flood the game... :D but they're easy to kill.
Exactly, little kids and elderly people, with bad computers = free kills  :twisted:

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 05:37:59 am »
+1
And I'm severely in need of free kills. I'm not very good at fighting.

On the side and totally unrelated, when's next DevBlog?

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 11:45:35 am »
+3
I don't understand why you guys are bashing him. He is actually presenting quite a good advice. Almost all new games released nowadays dry hump your GPU so hard that the friction causes a heart attack in the overall rig. Optimization and availability of a wide array of graphics settings are so vital, yet few developers pay attention to that.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 01:45:16 pm »
I don't understand why you guys are bashing him. He is actually presenting quite a good advice. Almost all new games released nowadays dry hump your GPU so hard that the friction causes a heart attack in the overall rig. Optimization and availability of a wide array of graphics settings are so vital, yet few developers pay attention to that.

It is most likely because what Golem is requesting is so obvious: Everyone wants the game to be optimized.
Optimization is somewhat of a meaningless "plus word".

It would probably be more productive to discuss what hardware the game should be optimized for.
Because the more time the devs use on optimizing the game for old hardware the less time the will have for other parts of the game.

I don't want a game where the fact that some people have 6+ year old computers bottlenecks it in a big way.
This is not only limited to GPUs. For instance if we want the game to able to handle 250 people in one server and one map along with a lot of NPCs we are going to need a lot of computation power (CPU) and maybe a decent chuck of memory to store all of this data.

From the very little I know about game design: it takes a lot of resources to optimize a game. Which is why even big companies slack in this regard.

Though I could run the alphabeta on my old rig which was from 2009 (except for the GPU which was from 2011 or so) without any problems.
And the alphabeta was according to the devs not optimized at all (or very much). So I don't think you have much to fear at the moment.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 02:05:48 pm »
It is most likely because what Golem is requesting is so obvious: Everyone wants the game to be optimized.
Optimization is somewhat of a meaningless "plus word".

I would say, I am reminding, rather than requesting. But I see, what you're saying. My old desktop was basically the same as yours, with a year older ATI card and could barely run the Alpha at 15 FPS.