Author Topic: Spamberge Bestberge Build Suggestions  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
Spamberge Bestberge Build Suggestions
« on: January 31, 2016, 05:47:58 pm »
+3
Back in action and looking to blow some dust off my old MW Flamberge. The following build worked for me quite well in my heyday before I went to Polearms for a while:

STR 24
AGI 18

IF 8
PS 8
ATH 6
WM 6

Gothic Plate, Gotland Helm, Heavy Plate Gloves, Plate Boots = approx. 34 weight (w/ 'berge)
OR
Plated Light Brigandine, Gotland Helm, Plated Gauntlets, Grey Hose w/ Kneecaps = approx. 29 weight (w/ 'berge)

Is this solid or should I switch things up for a more AGI focused build with lighter armor or do I crank the STR crutch up to 11?

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: Spamberge Bestberge Build Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:04:55 pm »
+1
I prefere Flammy with high STR only because AGI doesnt make up the low speed at all.

I play it as 33/15 (11ps 5 IF 5 ATH 5 WM) on full milanese set, tho I mostly play it with claymore or great maul. But I gained some top scorings aswell with a flammy, I just dont stand a chance against agi based heros
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:09:14 pm »
I prefere Flammy with high STR only because AGI doesnt make up the low speed at all.

I play it as 33/15 (11ps 5 IF 5 ATH 5 WM) on full milanese set, tho I mostly play it with claymore or great maul. But I gained some top scorings aswell with a flammy, I just dont stand a chance against agi based heros

I find that just going in circles and abusing the stab/left swing range with delays and feints keeps most spammers at bay, especially if you have backup 'cause they're too scared to risk losing 2/3rds of their health if they mistime a block.

However, is the low IF really worth it for the PS? Did IF get nerfed or does it not matter as much now due to some new meta?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:26:17 pm »
+4
Smaller server population = more 1v1 dueling = slow is bad

You can be the king of DTV with +3 flam and a high str build tho  :)

My favorite is 27/15, it suffers when you have to solo someone with 210 wpf and a faster weapon tho.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:30:05 pm by WITCHCRAFT »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 08:29:49 pm »
+3

You can be the king of DTV with +3 flam and a high str build tho  :wink:

exactly, I play DTV mostly, but still my build works well on EU1, but obviously getting seperated from the group makes me feel like a puppy without his mommy.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 09:35:57 pm »

You can be the king of DTV with +3 flam and a high str build tho  :)

My favorite is 27/15, it suffers when you have to solo someone with 210 wpf and a faster weapon tho.

Yeah, that was mostly the case when I used poles, especially longer ones like the Swiss Halberd/English Bill (still salty about them losing sideways swings), which is one of the reasons I wanted to go back to 2H. I can spam as well as any jabrony wielding a merc sword/longsword but I like the spamberge more 'cause it's just more interesting to use. I've seen people be rekt by naked [P]easants wielding pikes in a 1v1 duel, so I know I can do it.
However, should I use less than full plate for this build or is my getup fine?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 04:38:26 am »
+1
I feel like really high tier plate isn't worth the weight/cost if you go 24/18 with no IF. Probably like heraldic transitional tier at most.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 08:06:24 am »
+3
27/18

LVL 36

9PS
8IF
6ATHL
6WM

/Thread
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 01:51:16 pm »
+3
my build works well on EU1
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 02:21:26 pm »
+3
If level 37 I find this build to be fun for flammy or any 2h really

Strength:24
Agility:24
Weapon points:15
One Handed:30
Two Handed:184
Polearm:30
Throwing:1
Crossbow:1
Archery:1
Skill points:0
Weapon Master:8
Athletics:8
Riding:0
Iron Flesh:2
Shield:0
Horse Archery:0
Power Strike:8
Power Draw:0
Power Throw:0
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 03:13:11 pm »
If level 37 I find this build to be fun for flammy or any 2h really

Strength:24
Agility:24
Weapon points:15
One Handed:30
Two Handed:184
Polearm:30
Throwing:1
Crossbow:1
Archery:1
Skill points:0
Weapon Master:8
Athletics:8
Riding:0
Iron Flesh:2
Shield:0
Horse Archery:0
Power Strike:8
Power Draw:0
Power Throw:0

Why are most of the builds here telling me to go with low IF? Did it get nerfed or did it just fall out of fashion?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:15 pm »
+1
Why are most of the builds here telling me to go with low IF? Did it get nerfed or did it just fall out of fashion?

If you bulk them up level wise, by all means fill in IF. Malevolence's build in particular seeks to have the bare minimum of STR to wield the flamberge while capitalizing on agi/athletics to take advantage of its long reach while maximizing speed bonus and maneuverability, and is what I've been using sometimes on a level 35 STF (24/24 8 PS/Ath, 4 WM).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 09:22:44 pm »
If you bulk them up level wise, by all means fill in IF. Malevolence's build in particular seeks to have the bare minimum of STR to wield the flamberge while capitalizing on agi/athletics to take advantage of its long reach while maximizing speed bonus and maneuverability, and is what I've been using sometimes on a level 35 STF (24/24 8 PS/Ath, 4 WM).

I gotcha, but what's with IF falling outta fashion? Used to pretty B-A last year, with some folks taking points off ATH or even WM to fill it. Is plate/transistional really out of fashion now?

Oh, and I'm onlt lv 34 right now (which'll change soon enough) so, based off you guys' advice, Imma roll with this:

STR 24
AGI 21

PS 8
WM 7
ATH 7
IF 1

IF can crank up to 4 once I hit 35. WPF is at a nice 170 too. Looks solid, I suppose.

Anyway, does anyone want to trade their MW Two Handed Sword for my other MW Flamberge? I've found it to be less spammy but equally as effective as a longsword.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 12:55:24 am »
+2
IF as a whole isn't that useful unless you're planning on going a very tanky build, because of the obvious benefits you gain from IF and heavy armour, and currently as a whole STR is a lot weaker than AGI, it's easier to spam people down with a mass flurry of attacks than it is to whittle them down with large and heavy hits.

Obviously it's dependent on how well you can block, if you're an inbreachable fortress when you block, then an agi build is suitable as you can make use of the low health and instead trade it into damage AND speed.
Whereas if you're worse at blocking and better at attacking perhaps a primarily tanky build is better for you, as then you can sustain massive hits whilst doling out tons of damage.

Or, in the best of both worlds, you're an unbreachable fortress with tons of soldiers manning the walls, (great at both) which is a lot of people play balanced builds, or things close to it (21/21) (24/21) (21/24)

But most builds don't contain IF as it doesn't really give you much benefit other than a small amount of extra health, whilst great for people with not so amazing blocking ability, and a decent attack, it's worse for a lot of people who could make use of the extra PD, PS, WPF, ATH. Almost anything really.

Most people in C-RPG have a decent level of blocking regardless, so for the most part there's no need to play a tanky role other than to help your team, and given that most people prefer to kill shit instead of tanking hits, they choose the much stronger route of AGI. Personally I think STR needs a buff to make it a lot more relevant, but that's just me, I don't know about anybody else.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 01:36:52 am »
IF as a whole isn't that useful unless you're planning on going a very tanky build, because of the obvious benefits you gain from IF and heavy armour, and currently as a whole STR is a lot weaker than AGI, it's easier to spam people down with a mass flurry of attacks than it is to whittle them down with large and heavy hits.

Obviously it's dependent on how well you can block, if you're an inbreachable fortress when you block, then an agi build is suitable as you can make use of the low health and instead trade it into damage AND speed.
Whereas if you're worse at blocking and better at attacking perhaps a primarily tanky build is better for you, as then you can sustain massive hits whilst doling out tons of damage.

Or, in the best of both worlds, you're an unbreachable fortress with tons of soldiers manning the walls, (great at both) which is a lot of people play balanced builds, or things close to it (21/21) (24/21) (21/24)

But most builds don't contain IF as it doesn't really give you much benefit other than a small amount of extra health, whilst great for people with not so amazing blocking ability, and a decent attack, it's worse for a lot of people who could make use of the extra PD, PS, WPF, ATH. Almost anything really.

Most people in C-RPG have a decent level of blocking regardless, so for the most part there's no need to play a tanky role other than to help your team, and given that most people prefer to kill shit instead of tanking hits, they choose the much stronger route of AGI. Personally I think STR needs a buff to make it a lot more relevant, but that's just me, I don't know about anybody else.

Makes sense, I s'pose. In the past, larger server pops meant that more peeps had to be dedicated tanks to counter the archers/HA spam (before they were nerfed, at least) while the AGIwhores were the equivalent of shock troops, ambushing ranged players and breaking enemy lines. Still, though, I didn't expect that the consensus would be to pretty much give up on IF considering it was much more popular before.