Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov, the new STALKER?  (Read 8924 times)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov, The new STALKER?
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2016, 08:44:38 pm »
Looks very immersive, especially those firefights with hiding behind cover, quickly popping out and missing most of the shots. Too bad the real game will look nothing like that, you'll just get shot out of nowhere with a burst to the head and won't even get a chance to fight back. Also in multiplayer games almost nobody uses cover because it's simply much faster to move left/right, unless the devs make hiding behind cover a significant advantage. Players tend to rely on cheap tricks too much, just like feinting in cRPG. I wish there was at least one game where you could have cinematic firefights with missed shots instead of arcade-like Call of Battlesnipers 18 where you take aim in a millisecond and your shots always hit dead-center where you aim. Even if they make the game fun like that, tryhards will still find a way to shoot more accurately, kill more quickly, and get more loot, all at the cost of their and other players fun.

I'd buy the game, but the only option that gets you all DLCs is 110 yuros, which is fucking insane. I've already made a mistake by preordering The War Z, so for now I'm going to hold back and maybe consider buying it once it's released and the reception is good.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2016, 09:19:51 pm »
+1
What currently worries me is the presence of 3rd person view. That is generally never a good thing for a game looking to be mostly an FPS.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »
+1
There will surely be FPP only servers, so it's not that much of a problem. But yes, TPP doesn't fit in such a detailed and climatic game.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2016, 09:53:45 pm »
+1
What currently worries me is the presence of 3rd person view. That is generally never a good thing for a game looking to be mostly an FPS.

The devs said that the official servers were only allowing first person view. Modded servers, however, allow 3rd person.

And considering the recoil and the movement penalties on accuracy, it won't be CoD-like, which is nice.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2016, 10:25:23 pm »
Okay, hype engaged :)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2016, 11:23:43 pm »
+2
Fixed. Most of them suck deep balls, and are casualized console crap, except for insurgency/RO2 which aren't some casual crap we see everywhere, but aren't known enough/too old (RO2) to make a world of difference. I'm waiting for this game so badly, and also for the new Insurgency : Sandstorm.
Huh? No, most FPS games aren't "alpha" for 3+ years with almost zero content added.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2016, 12:43:35 am »
+1
Huh? No, most FPS games aren't "alpha" for 3+ years with almost zero content added.

Well, I'm just ironizing on the fact that nowaday, most shooters are shallow and casual as hell, and without any kind of meaningful content, and it is a fact. The devs make a couple of patches, release some DLCs to grab more cash, and create another opus of their recycled series.

And is Alpha/Beta/Early Access even a thing anymore ? The borderline between these has been erased, you can judge it by taking a few EA games (Star Wars Battlefront for example), and compare them to games that are actually fully released, or even in early access, and you can find out that there are nowadays less and less efforts into showing a finished game to the public, while pricing it fully as if it was a finished product, like in the past. Star Wars Battlefront EA has less content than games than its older counterparts, and looks like an overpriced beta, for 4 to 5 times (maybe more with DLCs) times the price of Battlefront 1 and 2. Or look at planetside 2 (F2P, still a valid example), it had huge potential, but shitty devs are going to be shitty, and keep adding cosmetics instead of adding new features and generally, anything that could've improved that game, it looks like it's still in beta considering the performances, the amount of maps and the fact that most buildings are just literally carbon copies of each other, and other issues. And when it comes to adding actual content, look at CSGO, and tell me what did the devs do to improve the game. Reducing RNG's role ? Nah. Balancing the weapons, nah. Adding more cases with shitty weapon finishes to waste your money on ? Hell yes.

All this leads me to some kind of disappointment and resignation when it comes to video games, the young audiences are being fed with bad, unfinished, overpriced/filled with microtransactions games, and the worst part of it is that they're asking for more of these. What a fucking shameful display.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:47:24 am by Algarn »

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2016, 08:36:14 am »
+1

Yeah. Games that are just FPS arent really even made THAT much. The market is filling with FPS/Survival games that are in "alpha" for 3+ years. Made by devs trying to make a quick buck.

EA doesnt even make good games anymore. Everyone knows it. Their main purpose is to promote so well that you will cough up the insane amount of money. What you say and do after that, they dont give a shit about.  Battlefront was a doomed to fail from the start. That EA logo is the mark of a conartist. Algarn I think you are forgetting the decent FPS games we have gotten over the years. Bulletstorm, Borderlands, Bioshock, Left4Dead, Far cry 3, RO2...and fcktons of more. Stop being bitter over those EA and Activision, Battlefields and CoDs. Those games arent really built to be revolutionary or fun. They are just built to take your cash. We have gotten a lot of decent FPS games too from publishers not so infamous.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2016, 09:14:21 am »
I wish there was at least one game where you could have cinematic firefights with missed shots instead of arcade-like Call of Battlesnipers 18 where you take aim in a millisecond and your shots always hit dead-center where you aim.

So you want a shooter to be RNG and not skill based? visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2016, 09:51:02 am »
And when it comes to adding actual content, look at CSGO, and tell me what did the devs do to improve the game. Reducing RNG's role ? Nah. Balancing the weapons, nah. Adding more cases with shitty weapon finishes to waste your money on ? Hell yes.
You seem confused here. DayZ is not feature complete. It's far from it. And it's buggy as hell. DayZ hasn't moved toward their own stated goals almost at all in 3+ years. CS:GO is feature complete and has been for ages. CS:GO is exactly where the devs want it to be. Look at how popular it is, obviously whatever Valve is doing is working. They're doing exactly what the public wants them to do. No one wants them to change things up, because CS is already a fully complete game. You're comparing apples and oranges.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2016, 03:51:53 pm »
+1
You seem confused here. DayZ is not feature complete. It's far from it. And it's buggy as hell. DayZ hasn't moved toward their own stated goals almost at all in 3+ years. CS:GO is feature complete and has been for ages. CS:GO is exactly where the devs want it to be. Look at how popular it is, obviously whatever Valve is doing is working. They're doing exactly what the public wants them to do. No one wants them to change things up, because CS is already a fully complete game. You're comparing apples and oranges.

I'm comparing apple and oranges because they both leave a somewhat bad taste. I'm going to admit I never played DayZ, so I didn't experience what you have experienced on this game, which is a good thing to me.

And Tibes, I'm mostly looking for skilled/and or hardcore games to play online, but also to replay. Even if I despise Valve's recent work, I keep playing csgo, no matter what, just for the sake of improving myself and becoming better at games in general. If I play sometimes Insurgency, it's because I want that 1 hit one kill thing that is entirely absent from other games, except Arma. Some recents games are just decent to me, not the thing I'd look for and come back to play for thoussands of hours like I did with cRPG. I'm looking for something addictive, and almost nothing can fulfill my addiction. That's why I'm bitter over big companies that have the money to produce actual good games, but are going to keep producing shit that a casual public is going to consume anyway.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2016, 05:14:06 pm »
So you want a shooter to be RNG and not skill based? visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actually yes, but RNG based in the good way. Not just random landed shots like in most FPS games, where you aim at one point, but bullets fly somewhere else. Instead, I want a game where the aiming itself is randomized, but bullets always fly exactly where the gun points. IRL when you take aim, you have to spend a few moments to get the ironsights to overlap, faster with holosights. Any movement will throw that aim off and you'll have to aim again after stopping. Unless you're a supersoldier killa machine like in CoD where you get it right the first time, every time. I want to see that aiming imperfection in shooters, when you click to aim, the gun is at first randomly offset a bit and then goes to center, but your shots still land exactly where the barrel points. Add some mechanics like stress and morale which further throw off your aim, and you've got yourself a nice, cinematic but realistic FPS. Unfortunately most games, even "realistic" ones like RO2, assume that you're a supersoldier, and you aim too well and recoil has far too little effect.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2016, 05:50:05 pm »
That sort of thing was present in the original STALKER games. Weapons had a handling stat (in addition to accuracy, reliability and damage stats), with lower handling stats having the aim-down-sights thrown off the way you describe after moving, higher handling stat guns having less of that effect.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 2011
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov, the new STALKER?
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2016, 07:18:43 pm »

Looks like a perfect video game for AntiBlitz and Clockworkkiller.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Escape from Tarkov, the new STALKER?
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2016, 07:26:39 pm »
The Division: CCCP version
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.