Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov, the new STALKER?  (Read 8888 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov, The new STALKER?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 10:33:42 pm »
I didn't find their official website that bad. http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
But pre-orders and still in alpha? And have to spend $75-100 for a "Chance to be selected for alpha testing" or $140 for "Guaranteed participation in alpha testing"
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 10:43:41 pm »
+1
russian business ethics, nothing to see here
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 03:44:26 pm »
russian business ethics, nothing to see here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/355840/

From the guys that created STALKER (Vostok games was formerly known as GSC Game World). But it has in-game money + over priced DLCs + "membership".

That game had a good start and looked promising, but was in fact a terrible, terrible disappointment. I really wanted something like a post-apocalyptic FPS, but got a huge pile of streaming crap instead, filled with russians, hackers, and macrotransactions. Looking forward a decent STALKER like game now, and I guess this has a bit of potential.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 08:56:32 pm »
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b9HLJMG8pb9Ow_S1AwvfoO6OUlj6j3wZwLz9eN-fS6g/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

Interview of the devs by a russian MMO website. Any thoughts ? I'm puzzled about buying it or not, I've been disappointed with the "modern shooters" in general, and having an insurgency-like combat plus scavenging, decent graphics, music, etc ... makes it a strong contender to be a GOTY to my eyes. The bad thing is that it's coming from a brand new studio, that has basically no other game made than "contract wars", a free to play FPS which has sadly a lot of common points with CoD. Are any of you guys going to pre-order ?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:11:03 pm by Algarn »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 09:33:24 pm »
Nah, I had enough of early acces games for now. I´ll just keep an eye on it as some other games I keep an eye on until it´s done. Or until they fail miserably #youcouldhavebeensogreatSurvarium

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 10:20:38 pm »
+1
#youcouldhavebeensogreatSurvarium

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 946
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 11:34:41 pm »
Will never again put my money on early access project. It's a matter of principle, some AA projects are legit. This one seems fishy. I say Tarkov is a scam.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 04:19:24 am »
I knew a russian developer. He spoke english like Yoda, but he was a genius with game design, etc. Come to think of it, the Yoda talk might have been intentional. Anyway, what I'm saying is, that russians in particular are somewhat like french. I mean they don't eat baguettes, but they sure as hell don't care about foreign languages. After the second world war a lot of countries were subjugated by them and in these countries, no suprise, russian was a mandatory subject. This mentality stuck with them even after the collapse of CCCP. So yeah, by buying this game, you contribute to Putin's world domination.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 09:50:16 am »
Yeah another dayz-like game, russian developer, hide yo monies people. Can never trust such games. Always so many promises with these games and so few deliveries.

Here's some more info:

Q: I have signed up to the beta test, how and when will I know if I’m invited?

A: You will receive a letter with invitation to join Beta as soon as it starts.

Q: Will there be any closed beta draft criteria? If I make it to beta, will I have to buy the game after release?

A: There are no criteria for selecting players for beta, but we will gather the player statistics. If you got into closed beta by signing up on the website, you will be provided with a free test version; however, after the testing ends, you will have to buy the game to continue playing.

Q: Will the Beta be available after the game release?

A: No.

Q: Will there be a bug report system in beta?

A: Of course, there will be one.

Q: Will the game feature explosives, beside grenades and under-barrel grenade launchers?

A: We are also going to include mines and rocket propelled grenade launchers with antipersonnel charges and mines

Q: Will there be a PvE in the game?

A: Yes, basically, most of the Scavs encounters are PvE.

Q: Will Scavs be playable?

A: Yes

Q: Can I gather loot when playing as Scav?

Q: In that case, isn’t there a risk that everyone will play as Scav instead?

A: No, since playing as Scav is, ultimately, harder, as you won’t be able to choose starting equipment, and the number of playable Scavs on the raid location is limited.

Q: How large will locations be?

A: The Free Roam location will be 16 sq. km..

Q: Will the game be available in English?

Q: Will the game be PC-exclusive or there is going to be a console release as well?

A: We are considering a release on consoles, however, the game is “PC first”, there is going to be no feature compromise.

Q: How the third-person view will be used in the game?

A: We are probably going to make separate servers with third-person as an option.

Q: Will the game allow adding player mods, player quests, raids, etc?

A: For the most part, no, since it is an online game. However, we favor the idea of letting players add their own items, as long as they pass our check and get approved.

Q: How will the reputation system work? How do you plan to avoid the game turning into yet another “douchebag simulator”? A: We have prepared an extended separate material on this, please stay tuned for updates.

Q: Do you intend to do a live stream to dissolve the “pre-render” septicism?

A: Certainly.

Q: Will there a be a Steam Greenlight announcement, and when?

A: Yes, as soon as the Beta is ready.

Q: Will we be able to make our own hidden drops?

A: Yes, but within raid session only.

Q: Will there be any kind of free-running in the game? Maybe mounting obstacles higher than character or cutting chain-link fences?

A: Nothing of that sort was planned so far.

Q: How will the PC and console versions differ in terms of graphics?

A: It’s still a bit early to talk consoles, but the PC graphics quality will obviously be higher.

Q: Will there be radios, comms interception, binoculars?

A: Yes.

Q: Are there going to be narrative videos, as in some other projects?

A: Yes, there are going to be pre-scenario engine-based cinematics.

Q: Do you plan to include stationary heavy weapons?

A: We’re considering it.

Q: How will the maps be limited and what obstacles will keep the character from escaping the city?

A: Roadblocks, minefields, snipers, slashings etc.

Q: Does weapon modding and maintenance require tools? Will the weapons have an operating resource?

A: Yes, you will need a repair kit for maintenance and a multitool for some of the modding. The weapons will have a durability resource, it will deteriorate both physically and visually.

Q: In a huge city like Tarkov there are bound to be some banks, are we going to be able to rob them?

A: Yes, there will be one of the TARBANK branches.

Q: Is there going to be a subway as separate location?

A: We can’t tell about subways yet.

Q: Are you going to continue working with "Main Road | Post" studio?

Q: How many weapons can I take with me into the raid?

A: One on the belt, one on the back, pistol in a holster, knife in a scabbard. You can also take a small-sized weapon in your backpack.

Q: Are you going to post some game developer video blogs or you will keep everything in secret until the release?

A: Yes, we will certainly make some developer diaries later.

Q: You were saying that weapons will jam if deteriorated, will this happen to the gun mods?

A: Yes, this is also planned.

Q: How do you eat in this game? Are there going to be safe zones, where you can eat?

A: There will be no safe zones at the game locations, you will be safe only outside of the raid.So you will have to eat carefully.

Q: Players will manage their own prices for the items, don’t you think that this will make some items incredibly cheap?

A: This is economy and this is how it works in real life. If the item is cheap, then it is widespread enough to be cheap.

Q: Is there going to be an animation of the healing?

A: Possibly.

Q: Will there be a map? Are we going to able put markers on the map?

Q: Are we going to be able to paint our weapons or put some stickers?

A: There will be patterns and paint to paint your weapons with camouflages.

Q: Will the playable character model move its head to look around?

A: We do plan to make the head movement control.

Q: Will there be a way to interrupt the reloading of another player if we shoot him in the hand?

A: We haven’t thought of that… yet.

Q: Is there going to be level destruction?

A: The levels and level elements will be destructible to a certain extent, but we don’t promise total destruction.

Q: Will weapon deteriorate over time and how will it affect weapon?

A: It will affect its stats negatively, it will jam and misfire more often, and fall to all other sorts of trouble.

Q: Will different weapons have different durability?

Q: Will game have standing / crouch / lying positions?

Q: Are we going to fire from the cover? Can we blindly fire from cover?

A: Yes, this is planned.

Q: Are we going to “stick” to covers?

A: Most definitely, there will be no sticking to cover.

Q: Is there an ability to customize gear for your own needs? Will it affect gameplay?

A: Yes. It will affect accessibility of mags to reload your weapon (only mags that stored in the vest and pockets are counted). Also we plan to make a vest editor for MOLLE system based vests.

Q: How does the player damage system works?

A: There will be no regeneration. There will be bleedings, fractures, pain shocks and so on - you will have to treat it all with special medical items, apply them to the damaged parts, watch for side effects and so on.

Q: Is there going to be any checkpoints?

A: No, there will be no checkpoints - it is online game.

Q: Will our progress and loot be saved if we will survive?

A: Everything that you’ve gained during the raid, will be yours, if you will leave the raid location alive.

Q: How does the loot items look like in the game? How, where and at which conditions it will spawn?

A: There will be loot of various rareness and it will spawn at locations at different places, in containers. Specific loot will spawn at specific locations (facility, center of the city). Rare loot items will spawn at places, where no one looked, (hard to access places, closed rooms and so on). For each raid, lootable items are being generated over again.

Q: How random will the story-essential loot be? Will there any particular place where we can easily spot it?

A: The loot of this kind will always switch the spawn locations and discovery conditions (e.g. door access codes).

Q: Will there be rare or even unique items in game - weapons, equipment, etc - with a low chance of finding?

Q: We would like to know more about the Arena game mode. You said it will be like gladiator fights. Just how similar it will be to the gladiator fights?

A: There will be various arena modes, but the main arena fight will allow you to pick any equipment, with previously taking a look at your enemy (if there is a possibility). For the most part, it will be 1 vs 1 fights to death on a closed arena.

Q: Do you plan to include weapons like bow and crossbow?

A: We don’t plan to include bow and crossbow.

Q: Is there a chance to meet pack of wild dogs in the Free-roam location?

Q: Will the game world be based on one server? If yes, will it be international? Or there is going to be some subdivision?

A: There will be numerous game servers (one for every raid/free roam). There is going to be no national filtering, only ping and player level will matter.

Q: Can the internal clan/squad member comms (e.g. over radio) be overheard by other players at some particular distance?

A: Yes, we are planning to have the extended radio management - frequency search, loop bearing, scrambling, etc.

Q: It would be great to learn more about the clan system, will there be any sort of base-building?

A: No base building is planned at this time, but there is going to be a detailed clan management system.

Q: How are things going with ingame bullet ballistics?

A: The game has completely realistic ballistic model, as well as the damage model.

Q: Do you plan to add transport?

A: At this moment - no.

Q: Is there going to be VR support?

Q: Will there be some sort of a death penalty? For instance, necessity to heal critical wounds or skill reset?

A: Yes, you will have to do healing, but the skills won’t be reset.

Q: Will all the modifications be installed on a separate screen? Or there is going to be capability of changing some of the elements on the go?

A: Some easy-to -use mods can be applied on the go, however, an in-depth modification will only available outside the raid.

Q: Are you planning to add some sort of firing range?

Q: After completing the story location, will it still have timer?

A: Yes, there will still be timer.

Q: Are you going to make DLC’s for the Free-roam location?

Q: Where can I preorder the game?

A: At our official website: http://escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

Q: Is there going to be an option to buy game not in Steam?

A: At first we will sell the game at our site, before releasing it on Steam.

Q: After all of the planned projects are done (and successful), do you plan to buy rights for STALKER and develop it?

A: No. We haven’t thought of that.

Q: Is there some sort of PR mail, where we could contact you for some sort of partnership?

A: [email protected]

Other than that, the info is still pretty scarce. There's no real word on whether this game will really be open world survival or more instance based. There's also this info:

The first and main game mode will be based on clearing scenarios (large open locations like downtown, suburbs, chemical plant, etc) that will lead the player to escape from Tarkov. These game sessions are called raids. Here, players can procure loot, receive experience for different actions and investigate the events. Player, who enters the raid alone, will not know who else is there in the location. To successfully clear the location and open up the next one, the player must find an exit (one of the several exits, in fact), while meeting with other characters. The raid locations will be large, up to 8 sq. kilometers, and feel a bit like Stalker maps. They will feature the daytime and weather changes and various random events, like mortar strikes or invasions of local looters, The Savages. Once opened, the raid locations can be visited multiple times.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:18:08 am by Vibe »

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 02:28:34 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Well, the game, as a pre alpha, has very probably more content and more hours of gameplay than ... for example, rainbow six siege, sold at fucking 60€, with abysmal connectivity and netcode issues, not even speaking of the ping and of the ridiculously low cooldowns in competitive mode. I don't tend to be really confident when it comes to modern shooters nowadays, but just the fact they made the interface as limited/hardcore as insurgency, announced it won't be a F2P game with all the bullshit it has got (MTs/Memberships/Monthly fees), gives me more hope for it than I got for rainbow six siege, two weeks after its launch. The latter is filled with bugs, and Ubisoft, even with all its money, can't be arsed to fix all of the horrible bugs of their game one month after the release. I may look pretty much naive or something, but games like these are rare, and it has more content than any MP shooter I've got in my library in a freaking PRE-ALPHA stage, tells a lot already.  :D

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 04:35:58 pm »
That doesn't really make sense. You're talking about it having more content and hours of gameplay than X.... "probably." You're guessing. What's the point? It could also, just as probably, have less content and hours of gameplay.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 05:16:29 pm »
That doesn't really make sense. You're talking about it having more content and hours of gameplay than X.... "probably." You're guessing. What's the point? It could also, just as probably, have less content and hours of gameplay.

I rarely make sense, indeed. But ignorance is bliss, right ? Let me hope, just a bit.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2449
  • Infamy: 1908
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 05:24:10 pm »
How about, instead of choosing between R6 Siege and Tarkov which both cost 60 euros, you download alpha of Unreal Tournament and play that for free? Maybe UT alpha would become much better if they asked 60/120/240 euros for access?

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 06:17:50 pm »
How about, instead of choosing between R6 Siege and Tarkov which both cost 60 euros, you download alpha of Unreal Tournament and play that for free? Maybe UT alpha would become much better if they asked 60/120/240 euros for access?

Well, if I'm that kind of mad about R6 Siege, is that I played it, since I got it gifted at Christmas, and I think it's indeed a shame to sell a game at its full price on steam when you see the amount of bugs it has in it. And really, nothing is about the price of the access, Insurgency taught me that. Got 400 hours on it, while it has been on sales countless times, and did cost around 10 euros most of the time. Price =/= quality. Going for the Standard edition of EFT would cost less than 45€, while it gives you an access to the beta, some bonus equipment, and ofc the final product, and it's not that bad if you compare it to other "AAA" games. Still puzzled at the end.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 06:54:42 pm »
Insurgency is nice but I keep getting banned for hacking from the populated EU servers :(
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.