Author Topic: Mordhau  (Read 37446 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Mordhau
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2019, 11:10:55 pm »
+2
gah, those fucking lute guys on every duel server.

I don't know.  The constant "GAR" and "YAR" at every swing and thrust seems more annoying after a while.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2019, 07:32:05 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2019, 07:43:22 am »
Looks like my Mordhauing is over, game's become unplayably laggy, and no idea why or how to fix. After five minutes the animations just start subtly breaking and there's massive input lag, feels like everything happens underwater. And since no one else seems to be experiencing this, doubtful it gets fixed. Fucking gr8
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2019, 12:21:05 pm »
Its definitely better for new players, much more casual friendly which is what makes it so popular and enjoyable. However i feel the system is less geared towards an interesting competitive scene, whatever thats worth. Im sure it will pop up anyways, just wont be that exciting to watch, i feel.

Its almost like a guilty pleasure or something for me. Its fun to play with buddies, but i get quite bored in game. I like testing out new weapons and "builds", but also get kinda bored over time with all the annoyances like catapults (friendly especially) and cav. I like the game, but i also hate the game.

The mere fact that it's easy for new players means that it will always be less competitive compared to the m&b scene. Overall it's an easymode game for people from the m&b scene because there's no real difficulty with anything, it's easy to chamber, it's easy to block, there's nothing inherently difficult about the game, but you're right, the fact that it is easy as fuck is what makes it popular unfortunately.

Only people I've had somewhat of a struggle vs is the alpha players who have worked out every single way to abuse the combat system or the 50000 hour chivmy old friends who know how to abuse the combat system to an extent from what is essentially the previous game given how close they are. But it is newly released, time will change things, whether it'll get better is another question.

One easy way to win in this game is just to take the bloodlust perk with everything, resetting to max health every time you kill someone is incredibly broken especially when you use instakill weapons, that shit could put anyone at the top of the scoreboard lmfao
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:24:12 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2019, 12:22:02 pm »
Looks like my Mordhauing is over, game's become unplayably laggy, and no idea why or how to fix. After five minutes the animations just start subtly breaking and there's massive input lag, feels like everything happens underwater. And since no one else seems to be experiencing this, doubtful it gets fixed. Fucking gr8
I'm pretty sure they have their own discord, you could try going there and reporting the issue? The developers are in there as well so they might be able to offer some help.

https://discordapp.com/invite/mordhau

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2019, 12:46:29 pm »
t's easy to chamber, it's easy to block,

I bit Id still not be able to block tho  8-)
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2019, 01:20:08 pm »
The mere fact that it's easy for new players means that it will always be less competitive compared to the m&b scene. Overall it's an easymode game for people from the m&b scene because there's no real difficulty with anything, it's easy to chamber, it's easy to block, there's nothing inherently difficult about the game, but you're right, the fact that it is easy as fuck is what makes it popular unfortunately.

Only people I've had somewhat of a struggle vs is the alpha players who have worked out every single way to abuse the combat system or the 50000 hour chivmy old friends who know how to abuse the combat system to an extent from what is essentially the previous game given how close they are. But it is newly released, time will change things, whether it'll get better is another question.
It being easy for new players doesn't mean it'll be less competitive. Skill floor and skill ceiling don't have to be related and aren't in Mordhau.

It's definitely not an "easy mode game" if you're against good players. Defense in the game is far, far harder than in Warband at high level, backed up by the fact that duels are over much faster between top tier players, despite it taking more hits to kill.  Blocking's only easy against players who have no idea how to mount a proper offense.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2019, 02:03:33 pm »
From what I've seen Mordhau is offense heavy as opposed to defense heavy Warband. Both with pretty high skill cap of course. I hope there'll be a melee game some day where there's a good balance between offense and defense, but for now if you want premier 1v1, fighting games are the go-to, as Gravoth said. As for larger scale fights, it is clear that defense oriented game (Warband) functions better.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2019, 09:22:18 pm »
I just hope Bannerlord innovates somehow on the combat. Defense got too strong in WB, to the point where you could bore people to death. Maybe some kind of stamina system, would have to be designed very well though to not be lame and limiting in 1vX.

And also it'd be pretty boring to play the exact same combat again with nothing to learn. Thing with M&B, though, is that it has so much more depth with the game modes than Mordhau. Even if the combat is the same, I'm still excited just for the singleplayer, and if they've got Siege and Battle then those will be good for casual fun as well at the very least.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:30:26 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2019, 09:35:18 pm »
+2
Randomly reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ2Am0VVYIM

That was a pretty cool tournament, tons of viewers up at the castle, made the game laggy as fuck but still.

Also witness Bjord's very impressive teamplay abilities: we run in together, then he gets hit once and he literally runs off fifty meters to the middle of nowhere for no reason, leaving me between two people when I thought he had my back. God fucking damn it, Bjord. I still haven't forgiven or forgotten. Lost us the finals.

(And that cRPG thrust animation for 2H looked retarded as fuck)
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2019, 06:06:26 pm »
Well boys, looks like Bannerlord is going to blow in MP, so if you like melee slashers, Mordhau looks like the only option left. Apparently the competitive testers really dislike Bannerlord combat, because they've nerfed feinting without introducing any new mechanics to replace it, so the skill ceiling is extremely low. Just imagine M&B duels with shit feints. Never-ending.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2019, 06:09:14 pm »
Well boys, looks like Bannerlord is going to blow in MP, so if you like melee slashers, Mordhau looks like the only option left. Apparently the competitive testers really dislike Bannerlord combat, because they've nerfed feinting without introducing any new mechanics to replace it, so the skill ceiling is extremely low. Just imagine M&B duels with shit feints. Never-ending.

Sauce?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2019, 07:29:17 pm »
Considering it's probably still decades from release, they might yet come up with something or fix what there is.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2019, 07:49:36 pm »
Someone will mod it in good
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2019, 10:28:54 pm »
Sauce?
One of the best Mordhau players said it on his stream, said he'd talked to the competitive players who'd beta tested Bannerlord.

Someone will mod it in good

Depending on mods to fix basic combat mechanics is never going to end well.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.