Author Topic: What build/equipment gives the most damaging shield bash  (Read 1503 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
What build/equipment gives the most damaging shield bash
« on: July 04, 2015, 07:18:19 am »
+3
I know nothing about the shield bash formula. What determines damage? Distance? Does shield skill count? Shield weight?

Seems like a speedy 1H character who focuses on shield bash would be a fun new build for my newly retired alt. Any tips? Have you played as a shield basher before?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The sword of a Paladin represents the might of righteousness and his shield symbolizes the strength of his faith. Both are tools he uses to mete out justice. Just as righteousness can give his spirit the fortitude to overcome the attacks of the unjust, so too can faith be a weapon to strike back at those who work to defeat him. To this end, the Paladin has developed several combat techniques that use the shield not only for defense, but also as an offensive weapon.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: What build/equipment gives the most damaging shield bash
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:36:28 am »
+3
Would like to know as well.

Probably needs some testing.

For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 10:12:16 am »
+3
Fairly certain Shield skill and shield weight are the main modifiers.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:10:53 pm »
I know nothing about the shield bash formula. What determines damage? Distance? Does shield skill count? Shield weight?

Seems like a speedy 1H character who focuses on shield bash would be a fun new build for my newly retired alt. Any tips? Have you played as a shield basher before?

The sword of a Paladin represents the might of righteousness and his shield symbolizes the strength of his faith. Both are tools he uses to mete out justice. Just as righteousness can give his spirit the fortitude to overcome the attacks of the unjust, so too can faith be a weapon to strike back at those who work to defeat him. To this end, the Paladin has developed several combat techniques that use the shield not only for defense, but also as an offensive weapon.

Ask Macbeth he know all the formulas,  atleast thats what he told me

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 11:57:30 pm »
Probably strength factors in as well. Interesting thread. Always cool to try and pinpoint hidden game mechanics.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:02:54 am by njames89 »

Offline Johnnyfirs

• Earl
  • Renown: 351
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Rain Meat
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • Game nicks: Hugtand, milkman_whos_had_enough
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 11:55:23 am »
Any update on this?

www.youtube.com/johnnyfirs
My feelings regenerate at twice the speed of a normal man.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 03:33:34 pm »
I donĀ“t really think it will be possible to damage players with heavy armors, but maybe u can 3-5 hit archers :3 I remember danior running for me like 2 minutes while I was just backpaddeling with my archer and blocking. When the round time was almost over he nudged me and I lost more than 50 % of my life  :mrgreen:

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 04:01:26 pm »
+2
I forgot everthing but if I had to guess I'd say I used shield skill, shield weight and strength as modifiers. I think the damage is capped early anyway so you can't really abuse it with a focus build.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 05:22:13 am »
+1
I forgot everthing but if I had to guess I'd say I used shield skill, shield weight and strength as modifiers. I think the damage is capped early anyway so you can't really abuse it with a focus build.

Good enough answer for me. I was hoping to do a build with heavy board shield, long pavise, or steel shield anyway. Shield skill will probably be very high compared to the average user (want my slow ass shield to block as fast as lighter shields do with less skill), so I'm already most of the way there. Now I just need to figure out how much I can gimp my ath/WM to boost str and PS.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far