Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 62506 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #420 on: July 19, 2016, 02:16:34 pm »
+1
20€ for one faction out of the 6-7 major ones missing from the lore?
Get your wallets ready guys.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 19, 2016, 02:29:43 pm »
+1
Whoa, it's 20eur? That campaign better be fucking worth it.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2016, 02:26:59 pm »
Yeah, they also apparently left out a few of the big iconic units because of costs so they could add a "mini campaign". I would rather pay £14 for a full roster because it IS harder for them to make new armies in Warhammer compared to the older games, where a Faction pack was just a lot of reskins mainly lol. Apparently it's under 10 hours gameplay for the mini campaign and it's probably one you will play once and never again considering you can also apparently only play as Beastmen in it.

They tried to justify the price saying it's because it comes with a mini campaign and their campaign devs need to work ( why couldnt the devs be working on an altogether seperate Campaign DLC of larger scale? obvious bullshit ), but tons of people are pissed because they don't want the campaign and want a full roster. I honestly think they were told they had to sell the DLC for £14 a pop, so they had to come up with content in a race pack worth justifying that price. They felt they couldn't justify that price with an unfinished Beastmen roster, so they added that crappy little campaign in like "WOW GUYS LOOK NEW RACE AND NEW MINI CAMPAIGN TOO U SO LUCKY, U GIVE MONEY NOW".

According to the tabletop players, the Beastmen roster is already very small, so cutting out 3 of the major units was a dog shit move. ( Though one of the units was also not used much in Tabletop, I saw a lot of people saying they'd at least want the other 2 ).

Will probably be waiting to get these Warhammer DLCs on sales, or if theyre cheaper on key sites, because I am not paying £14 a pop for each unfinished Army roster and shitty little mini campaigns.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2016, 02:57:24 pm »
Wait, I was under the impression that this will have the Beastmen appear in the grand campaign. Who gives a shit about mini-campaigns in TW games?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 20, 2016, 04:09:57 pm »
Didnt read the details but I think they are both in the grand and mini-campaign, but in both case their roster is minimal?

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #425 on: July 20, 2016, 09:05:12 pm »
They are available in the grand campaign as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #426 on: July 20, 2016, 10:34:28 pm »
Didnt read the details but I think they are both in the grand and mini-campaign, but in both case their roster is minimal?

Wait, I was under the impression that this will have the Beastmen appear in the grand campaign. Who gives a shit about mini-campaigns in TW games?

Of course they will be in the Grand Campaign, like any Army/Race DLC. My point was that the shitty mini campaign the DLC comes with doesn't make that DLC worth £14 IMO.

I don't think the Roster is "minimal" because the Beastmen roster on tabletop is already small, so that's not changed, but when you compare it to the ones we already have in game and in the game Beastmen will be missing a couple of very popular and some say iconic units, it seems like we will be getting a pretty basic faction. The unit variety for Beastmen will be little compared to other armies. Unless they break lore which is highly doubtful considering they've been trying to stick to the lore as much as possible within game limits.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 27, 2016, 08:51:43 pm »
Units look fun.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 27, 2016, 10:08:23 pm »
I really like the summation and justification in this video

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 31, 2016, 09:25:26 am »
so one of the justifcations above assumes "histocial" dlc's were worth money, ergo warhammers should be more expensive. what a load of shit that is, like I previously ranted dlc apart from a few exceptions was mostly database edits that could have been made by an amateur modders like myself.

anyway I bought the dlc because I really enjoyed the base game, im working alot atm so its harder for me to care about being ripped off. but it was a rip off. the minicampaign is complete trash.

I never liked any mini campaigns except age of charlemagne which was epic, but this one is definitely the worst Ive seen. only 1 playable faction, you fight a few humans factions, feels almost like the tutorial for rome 2 even though I played on legendary.

in the grand campaign I like how the 2 legendary lords have different start locations, not a big deal. but it adds a tiny bit more replayability and they really should have done similar for all factions.

however the beast men don't feel like a legit/distinct faction like the previous factions. they have too few units, some of which fufill same roles, ie razorgores vs centigors they are same price, both tier 3 buildings, both essentially work the same.

beastmen also have too much recycled stuff; carbon copies of existing units, bray/waag army, beastpath=tunnelling. these make sense individually but overall just don't do enough to make beastmen feel distinct or fresh.

minotaur charges are awesome. its not terrible faction, it just doesn't live up to previous factions and feels kinda half arsed. although I don't doubt more work was put in than historical tw dlc, that just isn't saying much.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 31, 2016, 06:06:14 pm »
so one of the justifcations above assumes "histocial" dlc's were worth money, ergo warhammers should be more expensive. what a load of shit that is, like I previously ranted dlc apart from a few exceptions was mostly database edits that could have been made by an amateur modders like myself.

anyway I bought the dlc because I really enjoyed the base game, im working alot atm so its harder for me to care about being ripped off. but it was a rip off. the minicampaign is complete trash.

I never liked any mini campaigns except age of charlemagne which was epic, but this one is definitely the worst Ive seen. only 1 playable faction, you fight a few humans factions, feels almost like the tutorial for rome 2 even though I played on legendary.

in the grand campaign I like how the 2 legendary lords have different start locations, not a big deal. but it adds a tiny bit more replayability and they really should have done similar for all factions.

As far as the mini campaign, I've never really played any throughout the total war games, not because I disliked them, just never really got around to them. However, for the DLC as a whole, I think it's worth it. It's up to you if you like the mini campaign or not, but mini campaign aside, you still have them in every other mode. You literally have endless hours to play as them.

I don't think anyone really assumes the historical DLC is more expensive. It's more a matter of simply the game costs a lot more money to make and maintain. Whether it be constant updates, DLC, free LC, or whatever. "For example, adding the Jabberslythe alone would have been as costly as all the artwork that went into Charlemagne". "Essentially, Call of the Beastmen required around three times more content and effort than previous large DLCs we’ve done, mainly due to the array of new creature models, animations, art, environments etc. Not only does it add a new playable race with a bunch of new mechanics to the game, but also adds a Beastman story campaign on a new map – “An eye for an eye”. Those quotes are from a QA they had on their site. Things just in the general world are going to have exponentially increasing costs as things are more laborious, complicated, and expensive to make, and as time goes on. That's simply just inflation. 

In my opinion they are doing pretty good is most regards as far as total war releases and maintenance. You remember the release of Rome 2? What a shit show that was eh? Game was fucking broken at release and it took them like what, a year, to finally fix the whole game practically. The only thing that kept that game afloat was the modding community. Total Warhammer has for me personally been very stable and enjoyable for me, not only as a huge total war fan, but a Warhammer nerd as well. I've experienced some minor glitches and bugs, nothing game breaking or really hindering my gameplay, and haven't heard too many bad things or really bad bugs and glitches throughout anyone else's plays.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 31, 2016, 08:33:03 pm »
"adding the Jabberslythe alone would have been as costly as all the artwork that went into Charlemagne"

Dunno who they hired to do the Jabberslythe but they are getting mugged.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 23, 2016, 06:56:34 pm »
Looks like there is a new DLC is on Steam :twisted:

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 23, 2016, 09:11:01 pm »
+1

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2017, 11:53:17 pm »
i still play a ton of this if everyone evers wants to play vs me hmu
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dstrait/
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality