Author Topic: Killing floor 2  (Read 5512 times)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: Killing floor 2
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 03:28:05 pm »
Progress will be reset multiple times throughout the Early Access Period  :?

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 04:39:44 pm »
hypehypehypehype

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 04:53:48 pm »
BTW the boss is kind of weird atm (unless they changed it since end of beta). It doesn't really make much sense how you should kill it, but heres some basic tips. Spoilers I guess:

He has 3 phases he goes through. You pretty much have to make him go through each phase before he will die. He goes green, orange then red. He changes phase after he life steals from someone. When he wants to life steal he drops smoke bombs then runs at someone, during that time he has an 85% damage resistance and he keeps that until he successfully drains someone's life. He does the life steal attack when he gets to like 20% hp left, but its not worth trying to kill him when he has his 85% resistance. Just save ammo and let him grab you. Even while he's life draining you shouldn't shoot him - just heal whoever is getting life drained. When he is red he won't try to heal anymore

Apart from that just kite, shoot and wait for the smoke bombs and life drain attacks. You can't outrun him when he wants to melee, and usually waiting for him to stop meleeing will just get you killed. You need to get out your butter knife and parry him then run
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 06:38:43 pm »
How big is the file ?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 06:41:53 pm »
9.2gigs installed

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 07:06:22 pm »
I'm istalling right now, it'll take 50 mins (potatoe connexion). Anyone who wants to play KF2 with someone who got some experience of the first, add Jorick on steam.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 12:19:48 pm »
So, how is it? Is it any good? How's the melee?

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 12:29:09 pm »
It's bloody good. And the melee system is a bit like warband and chivalry = you block as long as you want, and when you're hit, you have to block again. Cancels totally the damages from gorefasts, clots, and stalkers, greatly reduces the Scrakes' and Fleshpounds' damages too. You get almost 1 hit kills everytime, exept on bigger zeds.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 05:06:41 pm »
If you hit block just as the enemy attacks you parry and cause them to stumble. A normal held block doesn't cause the stumble iirc

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 11:13:34 pm »
really fun, Have only fought the boss 3 or 4 times and not beaten him yet. seems like pretty much everything has been improved and it still runs great on my oldish pc. there are only 4 classes at the moment though until they add the rest, no sharpshooter or pistol classes yet which is what I liked to play. might wait for them to be added

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 11:31:47 pm »
really fun, Have only fought the boss 3 or 4 times and not beaten him yet. seems like pretty much everything has been improved and it still runs great on my oldish pc. there are only 4 classes at the moment though until they add the rest, no sharpshooter or pistol classes yet which is what I liked to play. might wait for them to be added

About the boss, it's what Grumbs said. You just gotta kite him like a bitch, heal over time, etc. It works for me as a medic, but I guess you can also kill him easily as any class, as long you're using the highest tier weapons you got (always carry the second best weapon you can get, you WILL run out of ammo otherwise), throwing nades at the right time, and have the luck to find some armor. (His gaz and his mk42b hurt a lot).

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 02:16:52 pm »
About the boss, it's what Grumbs said. You just gotta kite him like a bitch, heal over time, etc. It works for me as a medic, but I guess you can also kill him easily as any class, as long you're using the highest tier weapons you got (always carry the second best weapon you can get, you WILL run out of ammo otherwise), throwing nades at the right time, and have the luck to find some armor. (His gaz and his mk42b hurt a lot).

I focus on healing my team but they always split up then get picked off one by one, Then suddenly im the last one alive running around a van kiting for 5 minuites

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 11:07:11 pm »
Quote from: Killing Floor EULA Point 6 Paragraph 2
We also will not tolerate anyone using the game, or any servers or forums provided for the game, to be continually or repeatedly abusive to other players. This includes, but is not limited to, "griefing", racist bigotry, sexism or any other forms of "cyber bullying". We will also not tolerate anyone hosting servers for the game where such behaviors are continually or repeatedly allowed to take place.

:lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2905
  • Infamy: 2320
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 11:27:43 pm »
Think of that as marketing stunt. Now trolls will have special motive to play Killing Floor 2 :wink:

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 12:14:26 am »
I guess trolls will play on Normal/Hard diff, gives me a good reason to switch entirely to suicidal : the higher the difficulty is, the more people you meet are willing to play as a team, instead of shitting on each other.

So far the game is everything I expected, gore and fun, but I would like scenario mode, more weapons (4 per class, just nope...), more perks, more characters, more maps etc.

Oh and buff special abilities.