Author Topic: some suggestions  (Read 1082 times)

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
some suggestions
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:10:51 am »
+4
1) Remove the unbalanced-flag from 2h-warhammer and make it usable on horse. If you look at it, it doesn't seem heavy at all, almost comparable to goedendag. And it's also not very good atm, considering its price.

2) Fix the disappearing ammo (when depleted) in DTV, so you get it refilled after each wave like before the patch. Especially with throwing it's a pain.

3) Make horses heal after a wave in DTV like players do.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:15:44 am by War_Ferret »

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
Re: some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:09:37 am »
+1
I'm not sure if it's possible, even though I played around with the M&B module system many years ago :/

But it would be great if there were random rounds in DTV. Like: one easy(~4), one medium(~12) and one hard (~18). They get randomly selected equipment from respective pools (easy, medium, hard) and are different every time.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:12:15 pm »
+3
1) I'll throw it into the discussion.
2) Crap, will fix.
3) Do horses die after the first wave still?
4) Possible, I've done it in Nordinvasion, but it took a fack tonne of work. Wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 12:16:32 am »
+2
1) Heck no. Unless it receives a major speed/damage nerf. That thing is already crazy fast and hits hard. It is used plenty in NA.
3) They don't die after the first wave, but they don't heal either. Imo healing would make heavily armored horses pretty OP... a plated charger would just never die.
4) Would rather just see old maps brought back with less bullshit in the new waves...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 02:05:12 am »
1) Heck no. Unless it receives a major speed/damage nerf. That thing is already crazy fast and hits hard. It is used plenty in NA.

All polearm(especially the bec, 1-2 hits for death with full plate and 8 IF) > any 2hand weapon. I'm not saying nerf polearm, but give 2hand some loving

Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 03:47:38 am »
+1
Well the bec is the bec, however there is no way that "every other polearm" can 1-2 hit you in plate where 2handers can't. For the most part, 2handed weapons that are comparable to polearms (so, axes) do more damage than their longer/weaker polearm counterparts. Same with the 2handed morningstar and polearm morningstar. Same for the maul(s). 2handed one is faster and stronger, but simply shorter. It isn't really fair to say polearms can hit harder then 2handers when the exact opposite is true in many cases. The problem with 2handers is that all anyone uses is a sword, which are admittedly weaker, however much faster than any other alternative. Additionally, the reason you aren't getting 1-2 hit by 2handers as much is simply because many players have moved away from that class over the years, and those that remain are (weak) agiwhore longsword spammers.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 05:07:15 am »
Well the bec is the bec, however there is no way that "every other polearm" can 1-2 hit you in plate where 2handers can't. For the most part, 2handed weapons that are comparable to polearms (so, axes) do more damage than their longer/weaker polearm counterparts. Same with the 2handed morningstar and polearm morningstar. Same for the maul(s). 2handed one is faster and stronger, but simply shorter. It isn't really fair to say polearms can hit harder then 2handers when the exact opposite is true in many cases. The problem with 2handers is that all anyone uses is a sword, which are admittedly weaker, however much faster than any other alternative. Additionally, the reason you aren't getting 1-2 hit by 2handers as much is simply because many players have moved away from that class over the years, and those that remain are (weak) agiwhore longsword spammers.

I've always been a str build having around 24+ str and I have never ever killed anyone wearing fullplate in 2 hits with a 2hand besides a great maul. Stats really don't determine how good a weapon is.. Really have to look into everything; animations,  length, weapon speed, shape of the weapon etc. Polearms has the clear advantage over everything, especially if you are using agi build.

I'm not crying or asking for a nerf on polearms(my current build is a 24/21 polearm), i'm just asking to help some of the 2hand weapons, like the 2hand warhammer. 2hand warhammer has a huge square handle which could be seen from a mile away. Same with its head. Don't you think that has a disadvantage over the a bec or scottish halberd? It's really hard to block a weapon you can't see...

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 06:22:56 am »
+1
I've always been a str build having around 24+ str and I have never ever killed anyone wearing fullplate in 2 hits with a 2hand besides a great maul. Stats really don't determine how good a weapon is.. Really have to look into everything; animations,  length, weapon speed, shape of the weapon etc. Polearms has the clear advantage over everything, especially if you are using agi build.

2handers are inherently better for agi builds since weapon length and weight slow you down (this is also why 1hand agi builds are the most annoying). Polearms are almost always longer than 2handers, even weapons that have the same effective reach. Most polearms (typically of the axe/bardiche/maul variety) are on the heavier side as well. And while stats definitely don't tell you everything (like how 1handers/2handers can have greater reach than polearms, despite having a shorter listed weapon length) there is no hidden stat that does extra damage other than potential speed bonus. If 2handers have higher damage values, yet shorter length and lower weight, then you can run faster with them as opposed to their larger, heftier polearm counterparts. If you can run faster with them, and they already have a higher base damage value, then there is no way you can deal less damage with it, unless of course you are running faster away from your intended target.

Maybe you killed your first tincan in only two hits using a polearm... but are you sure that you never did it before with a 2hander? How do you know this guy you stumbled upon in battle didn't already lose some health before you two shot him? Or how do you know that the tincan you beat up on last month with your 2h build wasn't full health... you might have killed him in only two swings and assumed he had taken damage prior to your engagement, but do you really know this for a fact? There is no real way to argue "look class A is better than class B because X, Y, and Z" without posting some sort of proof. The show damage feature would be useful in this scenario, however we seem to have lost that functionality after finally gaining it...

I'm not crying or asking for a nerf on polearms(my current build is a 24/21 polearm), i'm just asking to help some of the 2hand weapons, like the 2hand warhammer. 2hand warhammer has a huge square handle which could be seen from a mile away. Same with its head. Don't you think that has a disadvantage over the a bec or scottish halberd? It's really hard to block a weapon you can't see...

As I said before, the bec is and always has been the bec... but how exactly is a giant poleaxe/halberd hard to see? :/

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 07:02:59 am »
2handers are inherently better for agi builds since weapon length and weight slow you down (this is also why 1hand agi builds are the most annoying). Polearms are almost always longer than 2handers, even weapons that have the same effective reach. Most polearms (typically of the axe/bardiche/maul variety) are on the heavier side as well. And while stats definitely don't tell you everything (like how 1handers/2handers can have greater reach than polearms, despite having a shorter listed weapon length) there is no hidden stat that does extra damage other than potential speed bonus. If 2handers have higher damage values, yet shorter length and lower weight, then you can run faster with them as opposed to their larger, heftier polearm counterparts. If you can run faster with them, and they already have a higher base damage value, then there is no way you can deal less damage with it, unless of course you are running faster away from your intended target.

Maybe you killed your first tincan in only two hits using a polearm... but are you sure that you never did it before with a 2hander? How do you know this guy you stumbled upon in battle didn't already lose some health before you two shot him? Or how do you know that the tincan you beat up on last month with your 2h build wasn't full health... you might have killed him in only two swings and assumed he had taken damage prior to your engagement, but do you really know this for a fact? There is no real way to argue "look class A is better than class B because X, Y, and Z" without posting some sort of proof. The show damage feature would be useful in this scenario, however we seem to have lost that functionality after finally gaining it...

As I said before, the bec is and always has been the bec... but how exactly is a giant poleaxe/halberd hard to see? :/

It was me that got killed by a bec in two shots :P and at that time I had all mw plate with 8 IF and full health. This was after last patch was released. Never has this happen to me. I've also gotten whacked to half health in one hit with polearms and 1handed weapons, haven't yet with a 2hand weapon.

Polearm animations of the bec and scottish are sooooo hard to see cause of the weapon model, you can barely see the tip of the bec when swung at you and when someone feints, it's almost impossible to block. Scottish halberds long spike/tip is what hits you in a swing, not the actual axe its self. I use a mw scottish halberd..

Like I said, i'm not asking for a nerf and I have no reason to lie about this, i'm not even a 2hand anymore, but I think some of the 2hand weapons should be adjusted. I really don't see a problem with making a 2hand warhammer unbalanced and let people use it on horse back. Not like the 2hand warhammer cav will be able to outreach any pole weapon...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:06:07 am by Nashringa »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 07:25:05 am »
It was me that got killed by a bec in two shots :P and at that time I had all mw plate with 8 IF and full health. This was after last patch was released. Never has this happen to me. I've also gotten whacked to half health in one hit with polearms and 1handed weapons, haven't yet with a 2hand weapon.

Polearm animations of the bec and scottish are sooooo hard to see cause of the weapon model, you can barely see the tip of the bec when swung at you and when someone feints, it's almost impossible to block. Scottish halberds long spike/tip is what hits you in a swing, not the actual axe its self. I use a mw scottish halberd..

Like I said, i'm not asking for a nerf and I have no reason to lie about this, i'm not even a 2hand anymore, but I think some of the 2hand weapons should be adjusted. I really don't see a problem with making a 2hand warhammer unbalanced and let people use it on horse back. Not like the 2hand warhammer cav will be able to outreach any pole weapon...

Wouldn't have happened to get hit by gallon or plumbo, would you? They would do just about anyone in with 2 hits... a hit to the head and they can put me down in just one. :P

And that is another thing to keep in mind, if you hold an attack (as gallon typically does) and then release it at the right time, it will do more damage. A held swing to the head with pierce/blunt weapons will do massive damage to anyone. I agree that the bec and swiss have some form of "ghost reach" simply because they do both have a long skinny spike on the tip (i measured it when playing around with the models and the spike on the bec is a whole 7-8 cm long... pretty significant). However when you see someone with a bec or swiss it is one of those things where you just can't take risks when playing the range game. You have to sit tight and just realize "okay, I'm dealing with a bec/swiss, I can't get too cocky and hope his swing falls short, I know I'm dealing with a weapon a lot longer than it appears." You've been around here long enough to know that already, I'm sure, but it is definitely annoying when the range on such weapons is even longer than you've come to expect. I for one have a hard time judging the range on any long and skinny sword, be it a 1hander or 2hander. At least the bec and swiss have a visual clue (the "beak" or axe head) that gives you an estimate of their range... swords have nothing. It's as if they are just one long spike on the end of a bec, nearly invisible at most viewing angles.

Everyone has their own kryptonite in crpg, the name of the game is figuring out what yours is and learning how to beat it. If you have a hard time judging polearm lengths, that's your problem and not necessarily everyone's. Plenty of people can't judge the distance a scimitar can reach, but that weapon hasn't received a nerf because of it. Well, back on topic here... while the 2h warhammer might be very "visible" it certainly isn't lacking in stats either. Comparing it to the bar mace, it is 11cm longer, 2 points faster, and has only 3 damage less on the swings... plus it has a stab and a pretty potent alternate mode. The bar mace has always been a very strong weapon in the 2handers' arsenal, and yet the warhammer outclasses it in nearly all aspects.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 11:43:56 am »
+1
I can confirm point 2. I had 16 arrows left out of 36 at the end of first wave, and then I had 17, instead of 36, when the second wave started.

On the next round, at the start of a new wave, I got resupplied up to 18 arrows (just one quiver out of the two I use).

EDIT: alright, I've tested it a bit more. At the end of first wave I had 19 arrows left (still 1 arrow in my second quiver), and I got fully resupplied (36 out of 36). At the end of second wave I had 14 arrows left (second quiver empty) and I got resupplied up to 18 arrows (just 1 quiver).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:56:04 am by Patoson »

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 03:49:21 pm »
I can confirm point 2. I had 16 arrows left out of 36 at the end of first wave, and then I had 17, instead of 36, when the second wave started.

On the next round, at the start of a new wave, I got resupplied up to 18 arrows (just one quiver out of the two I use).

EDIT: alright, I've tested it a bit more. At the end of first wave I had 19 arrows left (still 1 arrow in my second quiver), and I got fully resupplied (36 out of 36). At the end of second wave I had 14 arrows left (second quiver empty) and I got resupplied up to 18 arrows (just 1 quiver).

Yes, dev's added a mechanism to remove ammo items completely from the inventory when they are used up, which makes sense for other game modes, but doesn't go well with dtv, where empty ammo is still needed for the refill-script to work.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 10:15:20 am »
Can you devs please fix the DTV ammo bug sometime soon?...

It's been like this for a month(?) now and it can't be too hard to correct.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 05:19:01 pm »
+1
Got 2 more things everyone should be happy with:

1) Make ALL throwing weapons finally stick in bodies again!!

2) Give the equipment box in dtv a lot more hp (virtually infinite), so trolls can't break it anymore.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 10:18:50 am »
Fix the disappearing ammo (when depleted) in DTV, so you get it refilled after each wave like before the patch. Especially with throwing it's a pain.
Crap, will fix.

Awesome... when?