Author Topic: Elite scimitar and scimitar  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
Elite scimitar and scimitar
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:15 pm »
Hello everyone. What do you think about that weapons ?
In my opinion its very unbalanced weapon:
that thing is long, fast and can cut plate armors. Its so easy to abuse left swing. I think they should nerf it, lenght or dmg.What do you think about that?

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
Re: Elite scimitar and scimitar
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:04:21 pm »
+2
Nah,1h is fine imo.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2356
  • Infamy: 1918
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:30:33 pm »
1h is fine curved weapons are not. Curved weapons should be treated differently and have worse stats.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 10:52:08 pm »
+1
They are good but not OP at all, id rather use a sword with thrusts anyways. A viable choice, depending on your playstyle.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 12:53:44 pm »
yea not op :F 3-2 hits to plate armor and not op :P come for strat battle vs greys and try fight with guy with spammitar :F

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 01:13:05 pm »
yea not op :F 3-2 hits to plate armor and not op :P come for strat battle vs greys and try fight with guy with spammitar :F

Strat battle? Why, ive fought enough of them on eu1, and i dont consider it op, just a viable choice. And if you get 3 hit then you need more hp.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 01:32:07 pm »
+2
They used to be arguably OP (or at least two of the best 1handers) before the improved 1hand stab. Now since they are lacking that option they are weaker and therefore more balanced with the rest of the 1hand selection. If you think getting hit 3 times and dying is bad, how about getting hit once or twice from a 1hand stab and dying?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 01:46:50 pm »
They used to be arguably OP (or at least two of the best 1handers) before the improved 1hand stab. Now since they are lacking that option they are weaker and therefore more balanced with the rest of the 1hand selection. If you think getting hit 3 times and dying is bad, how about getting hit once or twice from a 1hand stab and dying?
well so they are balanced becayse they dont have op stab?
hue hue hue

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 08:24:33 pm »
+1
well so they are balanced becayse they dont have op stab?
hue hue hue

Exactly. Im surprised people are calling 1h op now, i guess its because all the other categories are getting nerfed constantly. I wouldve been for a slight overall damage buff to all 1h swings tbh, 1h vs plate is just awkward and weak. If you are dying fast to 1h, get some str, get some IF and get some heavier armor.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 02:59:57 am »
+1
1h cut was buffed a lot vs medium armor, close to +2-3 weapon damage. I think there's some merit with this thread, but it's a wait and see kind of thing imo.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 11:10:16 am »
1h cut was buffed a lot vs medium armor, close to +2-3 weapon damage. I think there's some merit with this thread, but it's a wait and see kind of thing imo.

How come 1h cut is buffed but not other types of weapons that use cut damage? I can confirm that it strong, glancing is almost gone completely. You need to really fuck up your footwork to glance now, high armor rating does nothing.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 04:50:50 pm »
I think they mentioned Strat battle because everyone has the same gear, normally at full loom, so it's a far better indicator of weapon balance than public servers where every single person has different gear at different levels of loomage.

Curved 1h has always been odd because of the hit detection, if memory serves it still treats the 'hit' zone of the scimitar as a straight line, but by the nature of it being curved it makes the weapon connect earlier in the animation than other 1h. Though I will say that Scimitar and Elite Scimitar are still far from the God weapons they were in native

Not sure how strat battles are now but the ones ive been in has always had a variety of gear, one team generally having cheaper and unloomed stuff, and that team was never the greys. If its at the point when every clan has the same amount of gear then i can understand it.

And yes i believe they are treated as a straight weapon, they used to have ghost reach in early stages i think but it was changed at some point. The range is good but its predictable/seeable now, the main complaints i think is probably because of the speed combined with not having the thrust so its really simple to keep pressure close up without risking a thrust glance.

Oh i wasnt aware, thats pretty neat. Please dont nerf.