Author Topic: New Idead for Archery (Arrows)  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • Renown: 160
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores, RdF, Ninja, Norse
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
  • IRC nick: Azuma
New Idead for Archery (Arrows)
« on: February 25, 2015, 07:08:11 am »
I have an idea.

Why not make Two Types of arrows for Long and Short bows.

(And btw make more types of arrows than 2 cuz arrows and barbed was useless until last patch, and now are useful for 2h archer like me, only,THANK YOU FOR THAT !! Took Years ... cuz Archers with a 2h and 0wpf in melee is too cheated you know.... --' but anyway thx..)

I explain :

The lenght of the arrow requires a long or a little BOW.

Exemple :
A 93 Lenght arrow (bodkin) can be used ONLY with a big bow (Bow, Rus, Long etc..).
And littles one can be used ONLY with little bows (Nomad etc..)

SO you can make Bodkin types and Tatar types for each TYPES OF BOWS but with for diffence : MoreAmmo/LessDamages.

Thats not more complicated than dat.

Exemple in picture :
(click to show/hide)

No idea for arrows ?
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

This idead could fix da problem of using a rapid bow (speed missile) with big damages, then stop QQing for everybody. (The Dream)

(this suggestion is my answer of this topic : http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/can-u-explain-this-bullshit/new/#new )

Let's party for the INFAMY DownVote Tour cuz i'm archer !  :D :D :D :D
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:46:33 am by HauteGame »
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
Re: New Idead for Archery (Arrows)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:10:53 am »
Damn.. the title "idead"... --'

Please modify, thx.

PS : Please how can I fix dat :
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:37:06 am by HauteGame »
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:25:10 am »
And why would we need this?  :lol:
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:22:34 am »
+2
Add a space so that line breaks happen.

And as Linux said, what is the point of it? It would just be more things that need to be balanced, a bunch of work for very little gain, maybe even face some hardcoded limitations of the engine...

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 09:31:17 am »
Add a space so that line breaks happen.

And as Linux said, what is the point of it? It would just be more things that need to be balanced, a bunch of work for very little gain, maybe even face some hardcoded limitations of the engine...

"This idead could fix da problem of using a rapid bow (speed missile) with big damages, then stop QQing for everybody."

Of course, this is an IDEA.

But if you prefer leave the archery how it is actually, leave it :)
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Akavirius

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Republic of Wercheg
  • Game nicks: Tanit, Darth_Beggar, Matilda, HibouHibou, Ishak, Ritter_Dora, Shrek_is_Love xXx_420N0Sc0P3_xXx
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 12:42:41 pm »
+1
Hello HauteGame,

Arrow length is dependent on the draw length, not bow length. Having a short triple curvature bow (like the tatar bow) won't make you use shorter arrows. In the same way using a longbow won't magically extend your draw length.

Therefore, this is not realistic and should not be implemented. (sorry i don't mean to sound rude)
Tanit Aeronautics - The Kerbal Space Program where we send probes before Kerbals, except for those test pilots that died. Rest In Pepperoni

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 10:35:24 pm »
+1
Hello HauteGame,

Arrow length is dependent on the draw length, not bow length. Having a short triple curvature bow (like the tatar bow) won't make you use shorter arrows. In the same way using a longbow won't magically extend your draw length.

Therefore, this is not realistic and should not be implemented. (sorry i don't mean to sound rude)

Best comment I ever seen.

Thank you man for your opinion !  :D
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 06:47:20 am »
+2
As far as I know, using Bodkins with low-tier bows won't maximize final damage anyways.

The pierce damage armor penetration works best with high raw damage values. If the raw damage is low (because of low bow damage and arrow damage, low PD or the maximum effective PD cap on low-tier bows or a combination of all), the damage output will not be particularly amazing in the first place.

If Bodkins used blunt damage instead of pierce, the difference to cut arrows would be more notable on low-tier bows. But the way it is now, I don't see why Bodkins + small bows are OP in any way.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 12:20:38 pm »
As far as I know, using Bodkins with low-tier bows won't maximize final damage anyways.

The pierce damage armor penetration works best with high raw damage values. If the raw damage is low (because of low bow damage and arrow damage, low PD or the maximum effective PD cap on low-tier bows or a combination of all), the damage output will not be particularly amazing in the first place.

If Bodkins used blunt damage instead of pierce, the difference to cut arrows would be more notable on low-tier bows. But the way it is now, I don't see why Bodkins + small bows are OP in any way.

Ah ok. I see :)

"But the way it is now, I don't see why Bodkins + small bows are OP in any way."

Yeah, the first weapon a loomed in crpg was the Nomad Bow with Bodkins. (Before, when it was freakin OP). With a 18/21, 18/24 and 18/27. I killed EVERYBODY with a headshots, whatever helmet the guy could wear.

Now, even with a WarBow+3 I cant kill with an arrow in head of somebody without helmet but anyway.. Thats not the question.  :P  (humour) buff archers !

But I'm counscious that this is a totally different system. it was just a suggestion like that.

Maybe for MBG...  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Archers will be your nightmare !! Mouahahahaa  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 06:00:54 pm »
honestly that's useless why complicate it ?

that mean for people like me who switch bow depending map or enemies i will need to mw an other kind of arrows ?
and with new patch 80% of archers gonna pay with rus/long

nah rly dude that's useless
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 03:44:55 pm »
honestly that's useless why complicate it ?

that mean for people like me who switch bow depending map or enemies i will need to mw an other kind of arrows ?
and with new patch 80% of archers gonna pay with rus/long

nah rly dude that's useless

Yeah finally, I agree.

Anyway, forget it, It was just an idea. :)
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)