Author Topic: question about blocking mechanic  (Read 581 times)

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
question about blocking mechanic
« on: February 22, 2015, 05:55:03 pm »
I watched some tutorial long time ago about fighting system in warband. Does warband have mechanic where u block u can't countrattack faster than attacker next swing?

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
Re: question about blocking mechanic
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 06:32:52 pm »
I watched some tutorial long time ago about fighting system in warband. Does warband have mechanic where u block u can't countrattack faster than attacker next swing?
Yup,thats called stun.Depends on your weapons weight,your opponents weapon weight and your/your opponents str.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 06:36:22 pm »
but its not present in crpg?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:31:38 pm »
Every time you block someone the attacker gets a little stun. If both players try to swing at each other at that moment the guy with the little stun will be at a speed disadvantage. Doesn't mean the original attacker can't attack straight after the block though and double hit, just means you have to judge when you can or can't. If the guy that blocked dallies you can attack again. If you move your character to the side the guy isn't attacking from you can hit earlier etc
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 01:48:40 pm »
The norm is that you will always have time to attack back after a block.

But there is a stun mechanic, and it most often comes into play if you are blocking a much heavier weapon than your own, that is held as well.

So if someone attacks you with a heavy ass weapon, holding it as well, you can expect a stun, and might have to block the next enemy swing too. This is something I have to be aware of with my light katana. Someone with a held voulge or GS attacking me, I know I very likely may have to block twice. 1 handers are also often light, so they suffer from the same disadvantage.

If the guy attacking you is not holding/charging the attack, it most likely won't cause a severe stun though.

(I guess you know, that you do more damage if you hold the attack for about 0.8 secs. )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.